football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Would you rather...
grayfox1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 17:23
Win EL knowing that spuds win CL or lose EL knowing that spuds will lose.

I know it's academic and i know whats the ideal scenario but... Recently i thought about that and i couldn't find any good answer (bar them losing and us winning).

Re: Would you rather...
celine dion (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 18:27
us lose and them not win. easily

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 18:34
Please don't remind me that Spurs are in the finals of the CL. Let's just win the Europa to save our season.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 18:52
Nah can't have Spurs winning anything

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 20:15
F.ucking come on Liverpool

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 20:18
Quote:
celine dion
us lose and them not win. easily

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Shane (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 06:39
I'm with the lads here. I'd take Chelsea winning 7-0 if it meant Tottenham losing 1-0

goonerred (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 09:11
It's a tricky one, but if we don't get in the CL we may be off the pace for a while. United aren't going to be this@#$%&forever, and other clubs behind us are going to get stronger. Without CL football, I can't see much changing for a couple for years or more. So I want to win the EL. Stuff Spurs.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 10:20
No way I have waited ages for another European Trophy, feck Spurs, they arent going to win anyway they always bottle at the very end

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 11:39
They could win and we could lose, that is the worst case scenario and it could happen. So let's just win this EL final.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 12:11
Quote:
Padre Pio
No way I have waited ages for another European Trophy, feck Spurs, they arent going to win anyway they always bottle at the very end

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 18:14
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Padre Pio

hippogunner (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 18:21
Rather win even if Spurs won. All Spurs will have done is won a cup that's been undermined in its importance by participants that haven't even won their league. So what. It may feature the elite but it also features loads of also rans who occasionally get lucky like Spurs. I strongly believe we'd have won it once if we'd ditched Wenger back in the late 2000's.

We need a European trophy, we have a dismal record in European finals.

Anyway we were the first London club to win the CL. The women's version which was I think a fabulous feat. And we're still the only English women's team to win it.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 18:49
Quote:
hippogunner
Rather win even if Spurs won. All Spurs will have done is won a cup that's been undermined in its importance by participants that haven't even won their league. So what. It may feature the elite but it also features loads of also rans who occasionally get lucky like Spurs. I strongly believe we'd have won it once if we'd ditched Wenger back in the late 2000's.
We need a European trophy, we have a dismal record in European finals.

Anyway we were the first London club to win the CL. The women's version which was I think a fabulous feat. And we're still the only English women's team to win it.
Spot on Hippo

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 19:14
I personally can’t live in a world where those c.unts have won the CL and we haven’t.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2019 21:35
Apparently if Kane should play, they have a 50:50 chance to win CL Cup, ...

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net