football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Guendouzi.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 22:40
Apparently club are going to double his wages. (Sm105)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Guendouzi.
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 00:01
So that will be £60 a week then

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 07:17
He's played a lot of minutes this season, will (or should, at least) only get better, and it protects his market value

If we get rid of at least one of Jenkinson or Elneny then we'll still have reduced our wage bill.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 08:00
Yeah I'm guessing he won't have been on much to begin with.

Kalela (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 09:30
Raising his wages this early may backfire if he ends being really garbage next season. The kid has a lot of growing to do. Also he will need a decent defensive midfielder with pace next to him to get the best out of him.

Dream acquisitions as of 10/15/2018:

CB: Issa Diop/Jonathan Tah
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
CM: Kai Havertz
Wing/Attack: Ante Rebic/Pepe

Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 10:57
Impressed me good prospect

Under new managment

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 11:48
That's more than fair. He's probably in the top 5 or 6 of most minutes played this season for an outfield player. Doesn't get injured and had a good season relative to his age.

Double his wages and extend his contract. If we have to sell in future, we'll get good money for him.

We're one of the few top clubs that when we lose a player, we rarely get his true value. Ramsey, RVP, Fabregas, Nasri, Gnabry, Sanchez are just recent players who we lost for way under their market value.

Compare this to how much Liverpool got for Coutinho and Suarez, all due to good contract management.

goonerred (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 13:53
I like Guendouzi. He needs to calm down a bit but at least he moves a bit and puts in effort. Mind you, I used to like Welbeck at first and Gervinho for the same reason...

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 14:14
Madness as he was already contracted to 2023 on £40k a week I believe. He’s now been rewarded with £80k and an extension to 2024. But on what justification, that he’s played a lot of games and as a result we finished no better off than last season? He scored one goal in the Europa League all season and contributed a grand total of zero assists.

I get that you want to protect your assets as we have been guilty of gross negligence in recent years over players running down contracts. But on the flip side we have also been guilty of rewarding s.hite players with lucrative long term deals that haven’t been earned and they do not deserve. Guendouzi has potential sure, but at the same time he is no Fabregas either. He could quite easily fall into the Bendtner or Jenkinson bracket where we have another bang average player on a lucrative long term deal that we cannot ship out because no other club on planet earth is stupid enough to pay them these wages.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 17:27
I year for double the money!

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 16:46
Guendouzi has a superb agent like:

"Ooi, Sanllehi, you are offering Laca 250,000pw and I am only asking 80,000pw for a player who played more games than Lacazette.

After all, AS Monaco and PSG had indicated to me they are willing to pay my client 80,000pw!"

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
17 May, 2019 20:33
Quote:
Merlion96
Guendouzi has a superb agent like:
"Ooi, Sanllehi, you are offering Laca 250,000pw and I am only asking 80,000pw for a player who played more games than Lacazette.

After all, AS Monaco and PSG had indicated to me they are willing to pay my client 80,000pw!"

Haha that's funny.

But you guys complaining really don't understand the market. The boy is 20 and plays regularly for a Top6 team in England (where there is ridiculous TV money) whilst teams like PSG have already shown an interest. You have to pay the boy, it's the going rate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net