football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Oh goody
Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 08:01
Ozil has no intention of leaving he loves the club and London could explain why he only plays at the Emirates on 350k and chooses his games why the @#$%& would he leave.

Under new managment

Re: Oh goody
goonerred (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 08:06
He loves the club and London. No, he loves being made a millionaire every month, why would you walk away from that? Whoever negotiated that deal should pay half of his wages every week.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 08:24
I think it was a joint effort between Gazidis and Wenger

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 09:29
Unless a more money than sense Chinese or Arab club come in for him, we're f.ucked.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 10:00
Two more years. I'd just transfer him for free. Don't if anyone could still afford his wages, or want to even. Utter madness!

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 10:23
Turkish clubs will welcome him. Since he is so pally with the Tukish president, I am sure one of the bigger Turkish clubs can get government funds to faciliate his transfer fulfilling the Turkish dream of the German.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 15:23
You cant transfer him from for free, you would have to give money as well to pay his wages, not sure that is legal

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 16:07
Although he's on a lot of money, there are still players I would look to offload before Ozil. Lots of them

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 17:44
Quote:
younghansolo
Although he's on a lot of money, there are still players I would look to offload before Ozil. Lots of them

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 20:18
If he could be bothered to turn up more than once every 4 games and he didn't hide in the big games ... he's a quality player.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 20:53
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
younghansolo
You cant have a player treated differently to his teammates that is whats caused Uniteds problems Id ship him out unless he tows the line full stop

Under new managment

Flava (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 22:11
Quote:
younghansolo

Really? He’d rather be at home playing Fortnite. He was a quality player but he can’t be bothered now, far too comfortable. I suspect this is posturing from his agent, if we want to get rid of him we have to pay him off

Shane (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 22:41
The Ozil deal proved that Wenger thought he was untouchable at Arsenal. I don't think he would've signed off on the idea of giving him £350,000 per week if he knew he wouldn't be around long term.

He must've known that a different manager might not have tolerated him, and therefore must have known that it could backfire in a major way.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 00:04
I loved Wenger's useful comment about Ozil after he had been pushed out of Arsenal.
Sometimes when you give players a big contract it puts them into a comfort zone.

If he doesnt want to go he doesnt have to go, if Arsenal break the contract they will ahve to pay him the full amount

goonerred (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 06:37
I've suspected for a while that the Ozil contract was done on purpose. The two posts above confirm my suspicions more.Gazidis and Wenger have both left the club, it was their parting gift. He may have been a top player once, but he wasn't manifesting it at the time he got the contract. Our club is a fiasco at the moment and it's going to take a while to sort out. We're in for a bumpy ride, hold tight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2019 06:44 by goonerred.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 06:59
Quote:
BootyDaddy
If he could be bothered to turn up more than once every 4 games and he didn't hide in the big games ... he's a quality player.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 22:13
Up to Unai Emery to work out a solution to bring the best out of him.

'It's kind of fun to do the impossible' Walt Disney.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
16 May, 2019 16:06
I think it's a bit simpler. I think the club couldn't stand the idea of losing Sanchez and ozil together. Certainly Wenger couldn't. And let's face it, Sanchez was never staying so it left us having to pay ozil a stupid amount.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net