football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Easter weekend
goonerred (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 13:11
City one up. Come on idiots, don't stuff up this time.

Re: Easter weekend
goonerred (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 14:26
Third place is in our hands now. Come on!!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 14:31
City hold on. We could go third tomorrow

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 14:41
Apparently Xhaka has a knock.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SuperRob (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 14:43
Pretty unbelievable considering how much better tottenhams team is than ours

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 13:43
Everton one United nil. Dare we hope?

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 13:58
Two nil. Come on Everton.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 14:17
Good weekend so far, but we have to take care of our own business no matter any other results.

Everton hold on and Burnely do us a favor, would be dream holiday weekend!!!

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 14:21
Of course! Our next two games will go a long way to defining our season in terms of top 4. United have City next who will need to win the League now to make it good season for them.

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 14:44
Three nil Everton. Get in!!!

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 14:46
We have to take advantage of this later.

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 14:52
Agent Walcott scores a 4th.What the...

Kalela (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 15:09
I am thoroughly enjoying watching United get thrashed,

Dream acquisitions as of 10/15/2018:

CB: Issa Diop/Jonathan Tah
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
CM: Kai Havertz
Wing/Attack: Ante Rebic/Pepe

21 April, 2019 15:15
We've put the reserves out today.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 15:27
No good others failing if we cant take advantage

Under new managment

Kalela (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 15:32
Any reason why Jenkinson is starting? Line up looks weird.

Dream acquisitions as of 10/15/2018:

CB: Issa Diop/Jonathan Tah
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
CM: Kai Havertz
Wing/Attack: Ante Rebic/Pepe

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 15:36
Leno, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Elneny, Guendouzi, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

If e don't get top from from here... That line up will come back and bite Emery in the rear end.

goonerred (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 15:44
Ha, just watching highlights on some stream. 'You know things are going bad for you when Theo Walcott scores'.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 20:32
Yeah, or you have to play Mustafi

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
21 April, 2019 20:55
Emery @#$%& up today

Under new managment

goonerred (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 20:14
Chelsea 1 Burnley 1 Burnley took the lead against the run of play, but Chelsea equalised. I wouldn't mind a draw. Can I please have a chavs/Burnley draw at least?

goonerred (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 20:16
Oh, two one now to Chavs.

goonerred (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 21:58
2-2 full time. Oh if only we'd won yesterday! Anyway, as it happens only Chelsea gained a point on us an they have played a game more. Still going to be tough to get top 4, but still there to play for. I hope our players know this.

tigerline (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 21:58
Quote:
goonerred
Chelsea 1 Burnley 1 Burnley took the lead against the run of play, but Chelsea equalised. I wouldn't mind a draw. Can I please have a chavs/Burnley draw at least?

You got it!
2-2

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 22:00
It’s a weird weekend, Chavs, Man U and Spurs all dropped points it’s still all to play for

goonerred (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 22:00
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
goonerred

You got it!
2-2

We have to play Burnley at Burnley and they are more or less safe now, so maybe they won't be as ferocious.

22 April, 2019 23:13
If only Dick Emery hadn't tinkered with the team against Palace.
We would have been sitting pretty had we beaten them.
Now a win is really a must against Wolves.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 06:22
The good news is that we are still fighting for Top-4 with the fate in our hands to win all 4 games now; and all his key players are available to play against Wolves.

The bad news is that we have a manager without cojones and fielding sides whose priority is not to lose by playing possession football like Arsene Wenger Crab Football.

If we miss out on Top-4, only Emery is fully responsible for snatching defeat from Jaws of Victory.

'It's kind of fun to do the impossible' Walt Disney.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 06:47
Sokratis suspension meant mustafi in. With him in size it doesn't matter if we play monreal or not. Mustafi is going to create chances for the opposition

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 08:03
I do think you over egg it sometimes Merlion. I thought Emery had brilliant Cojones at Napoli, one of the best away performances in a long time. Its not true he is defensive, we are scoring slightly higher than Wenger's last season. The problem has stemmed from a lack of quality defenders, thank goodness Sokratis is back tonight.
The idea we can score more than you is nonsense, it didnt work against Palace did it.

goonerred (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 08:32
Chelsea accusing Burnley of anti-football. The club that bought up players so that the opposition couldn't have them and just sat them on the bench because at the time, they were the richest club and just could.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net