football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Krystian Bielik - £25,000-a-week
younghansolo (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 10:04
This is what is wrong with football. £25000 per week for what exactly? He is a junior player who might never play a game for us. Disgusting

What incentive is there for young players to really push themselves.

Re: Krystian Bielik - £25,000-a-week
goonerred (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 11:07
None, they're made for life.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 17:54
Sorry who is he?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 18:46
Exactly

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 19:16
Quote:
younghansolo
Exactly
I couldnt agree more

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 21:25
I too was surprised to learn he is on so much already

goonerred (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 09:16
The money in football is ridiculous really. We seem to have just accepted it and gone along with it. £25k would be a good yearly salary for a youngish professional two or three years into a job. It's truly outrageous. It does put me off football a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2019 10:03 by goonerred.

Mr. Brightside. (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 12:10
You lot dont know what you have there, he is outstanding for Charlton, far to good for L1 (their words)
remember Francis Coquelin ? Mavadidi ? Jenkinson ? Charton is a great nursery.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:56
And if we don't pay him and someone else comes in for him, we will be complaining as well.

goonerred (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 15:14
It's not about the player or whether or not we should pay it, for me, it's about the amount a kid can command for a week's wage. Football has gone truly mad.

Ares (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 19:35
They're giving up everything they could be in the future to kick a ball.

Fabregas is a person who clearly has an eye for detail.

Who knows the civil engineering works he could have put on the planet.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 22:22
Quote:
Ares
They're giving up everything they could be in the future to kick a ball.
Fabregas is a person who clearly has an eye for detail.

Who knows the civil engineering works he could have put on the planet.

Quite right. I don't know why people are moaning. It's a very short career and only a small percentage of aspiring players make it to the top leagues.

If the money doesn't go to the players, it will be go to owners like Kroenke's pockets.

I knows what i'd prefer.

weedz (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 22:34
For me, it's a rock and a hard space sinario.

We've pinched young talent from the likes of Barca in the past because we've offered better chances and more money.

Like it or loath it, you have to accept money rules the game.

hahanice (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 03:35
How it's that the person were mad about? Ozil, mhiki come to mind there

litmus (IP Logged)
17 April, 2019 10:04
Bielik is not exactly a kid now is he. He was when he join us, but he has been farmed out for many years. People pay employees what they think they are worth, and in football which is very competitive, people have to pay more to keep players from being poached. With that amount of money though, i would think that the club values him high enough and see his potential as a first team player. I freaking hope so.

By the way, anyone knows how much Calum Odoi is on at Chelski?

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 00:01
Quote:
litmus
Bielik is not exactly a kid now is he. He was when he join us, but he has been farmed out for many years. People pay employees what they think they are worth, and in football which is very competitive, people have to pay more to keep players from being poached. With that amount of money though, i would think that the club values him high enough and see his potential as a first team player. I freaking hope so.
By the way, anyone knows how much Calum Odoi is on at Chelski?

No idea, but apparently he'd have earnt 100k a week or so if he got that Bayern Munich move.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net