football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Napoli
MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 22:13
Cech - 7. Quiet first half. Busier in the second half where his only mistake was when he slid with the ball out of play.

Sokratis - 7. Solid throughout.
Koscielny - 7. Best of our defenders.
Monreal - 6. Okay, but Napoli exploited the gap between him and Kolasinac and he struggled with one or two balls over the top.

Maitland-Niles - 8. Huge response from Sunday. Bombed up and down the right. Quality assist for the first. Big chance saved in the second half. Great performance.
Torreira - 8. Looked much more like pre-Christmas Torreira in the first half. Energetic, combative and caused the second goal. Faded somewhat in the second half.
Ramsey - 9. Opened the scoring with a well taken goal, pressed and covered every blade. Missed a huge chance at the end.
Kolasinac - 6. Napoli didn't have an answer for his power and movement going forward but he is wasteful and lacks finesse. Won tackles but didn't help Monreal out much.

Ozil - 7. Quality in the first half with some great touches and flicks. Quieter second half.

Lacazette - 6. Tried to cause problems but didn't get much out of the Napoli defence and air shotted one in the first half.
Aubameyang - 6. Looked dangerous but missed some big chances, particularly one at the end.

Subs:

Iwobi - 5. Decent deeper in possession but didn't do too much going forward.
Mkhitaryan - 5. Couple of sloppy moments in possession but made the Ramsey chance late on.
Elneny - 5. Played some passes.

The first half was pretty special as we blew away a poor Napoli side, scored two and could've scored a few more. The second half was rather more edgy as Napoli improved slightly and caused problems down our left with us starting to get nervous, but we kept a vital clean sheet and had some big chances, which we will hope don't cost us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 17:55 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Napoli
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 22:15
Agree with those except Monreal.
Think 6 is very generous.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 22:27
I let him off as I didn't think Kolasinac helped him much, and I let Kolasinac off because he caused such problems going forward.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 22:52
I think when Napoli changed to back 3 it gave them better attacking options, but they kept falling into offside trap

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
11 April, 2019 23:05
Quote:
MattySadler
I let him off as I didn't think Kolasinac helped him much, and I let Kolasinac off because he caused such problems going forward.

Fair.

It's going to be tough to get a good enough replacement for koscielny in the summer. Bit disappointed we haven't seen any of Mavropanos since he came back from injury.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 April, 2019 06:34
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
MattySadler

Fair.

It's going to be tough to get a good enough replacement for koscielny in the summer. Bit disappointed we haven't seen any of Mavropanos since he came back from injury.

Yeah I thought we would've seen more given how we often hear reports of how highly the club rate him personally.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 19:22
Its the business end of the season. The only competitions we are in have champion s league qualifications at stake. Nobody d gonna give him the nod till the next season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net