football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

I don't rate our players and nor our manager
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 17:05
I'm bored of Arsenal.

I knew before the game these bottles would lose after Emery ONCE AGAIN picked the wrong team!

I want the majority of our players to f uvk off and take Emery with them.

I see nothing new from the Wenger era today. Anyone who disagrees can delude themselves all they like!

Re: I don't rate our players and nor our manager
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 17:30
What team would you have picked?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 18:01
It was a bit Wengerish, especially tipp tappy in our half when there were less than 10 minutes to go and we needed a goal. Itmight take a lot for the entrenched Wenger attitude to leave some of those players, better still if some of those leave the club.

I'm not against Emery yet, we are in a slightly better position than we were this time last season. He has had a lot of dross to deal with.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 19:24
Its always a trade off. Emery likes to attack, but there is no doubt about the fact that he likes to tinker with his team based on the opposition, a bit like rafael benitez at liverpool. Hence he will always struggle in games like this or Southampton away but still do well in big league games.

Unless he starts figuring out how to score in away matches in epl when teams will just sit back if they score first and defend with energy with the crowd behind them, it will always be a pbm.

He obviously also has an eye on europa

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 21:07
Sixth place beckons but I have to say a lot of the problems are surely fixable as much now as under Wenger.We just dont seem to have improved as much as I thought we would, defensively we are as bad with the same problems offensively I would without looking at goals scored say we are not as good.We struggle away from home and that is down simply to character and mentality.

Under new managment

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 22:06
Over reaction after a bad day in the office.
Come back after Watford game will you.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 22:29
Defensively we are the same old shite.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 14:46
Wolves and Watford are a couple of very tricky games for us. We never seem to do well against Watford away.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 15:21
Be amazed if we win either of those. We have a very poor away record compared to our major rivals. Doubt we'll finish higher than fifth.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 15:58
Watford will have mind on cup

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 07:41
Quote:
Padre Pio
Watford will have mind on cup
You could get players playing out of their socks to earn a place in the team for the final. It could go either way.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2019 21:57
We will only know how good or how bad Emery is next season.
That is, after he got rid of Wenger leftovers and forged the players he wanted into a team of his making.

GG left Wenger with a spine and Rioch gave him Bergy; but Wenger bought Vieira, Grimandi, Petit and Anelka.

Wenger left Arsenal spineless and gave him Ozil but Emery bought Gurndouzi, Torreira, Sokratis, Lichsteiner and Suarez.

See the difference in their 1st season?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 05:47
Suarez is Emerys Kallstrom

Under new managment

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 April, 2019 14:11
Yes I was wondering if he has a broken back

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 09:57
I've given up on Emery. I am just going through the motion. Sometimes his team selections shoots us in the face even before the game starts. As soon as I saw the team selection against Everton, I knew we would loose. Emery apparently didn't think so.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 18:58
i dont understand this heart on sleeve stuff with Emery, poor bloke cant sneeze without people on his back. He has a game every 3 days for next month but according to some he mustnt ever rotate. Of course when he does rotate there are problems, thats because its a shite squad. Last week people were moaning that Emery wasnt playing players who were injured, and believe it or not, you know who you are, a player on suspension.
The poor away form began in December 2016 at Everton, something quite deep and rotten here that so far Emery hasnt been able to solve.
But even so he has had more away victories than Wenger had in his last season, and also double the points against the top 6.
He was also refused money to cover for serious injuries in the Xmas transfer window. Give the bloke a chance.
I was glad to hear most of crowd singing "Unai Emery's Red Army" on Thursday, they appreciate what he is trying to do. On Monday we ahve a tough game at Watford Im not over optimistic because on Thursday we have an away game at Napoli where we could get into an European semi for the first time in ages. I supect Emery will prioritise that game, is football about glory or 4th place. We are about to find out

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 19:31
We were just trying to get something without riskng players. Ramsey limped off in the previous game. And i agree with padre. We have a real chance of winning europa league. For so many years we were moaning fourth place is not a trophy and now we can't blame emery for rotating.

My only gripe with him is that it took a long time for him to realize how effective ramsey is as s b2b instead of a super sub AM. Hats off to ramsey has given his all even when he was being played as a sub.

The team against napoli is our best team barring cech. I prefer AMN to bellerin who hasnt done much offensively for me. I prefer AMNs crossing and creativity even though Bellerin is much more consistent with his passing but end product is much worse. If

In this system you need a lung burster like ramsey and i dunno how we roll replace him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2019 20:13 by CazOnARola.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 19:42
We were in semis last year Padre. Agreed otherwise. It's already a good year for Emery who had to endure all shades of sh*t at Arsenal in less than a year. Give him a chance.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
13 April, 2019 19:45
Quote:
grayfox1
We were in semis last year Padre. Agreed otherwise. It's already a good year for Emery who had to endure all shades of sh*t at Arsenal in less than a year. Give him a chance.

Yes we were, but didnt get to final, I suspect Emery is prepared to sacrifice for this, glory or 4th.
I agree we have to give him time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net