football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Match against Everton - we can keep clean-sheet but can we score?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 11:25
We scored a few lucky goals in last few games.
But our main strikeforce in Auba-Laca is not efficient and missed too many sitters and clear-cut chances, and not even hitting the target.

A new-found confidence, Leno acclimatized and better integration between midfield and defence meant that we have a mean defence and can keep clean-sheet regularly.

Will Emery risks Koscielny with a bruised foot?
I think he will knowing that this win is crucial and is the turning point of the season.
Win it, and it is a tremendous boost to seal our Top-4 status.
Lose it, squeaky bum time with 4 more tough away games to play.

The key is for us to go with a fast start with chances created by Ozil and Auba or Laca efficiently finished one of them to give us a 1-0 lead within 20 minutes.

We cannot worry about Napoli or Sokratis suspended for the next 2 games, but to go for the jugular and beat Everton.

Ramsey?
Still carrying an injury, his groin again.
It is a risky gamble that must be taken against Everton - one game at a time. Torreira will be available after serving his last suspended game and will be an adequate replacement in Ramsey's absence.
Best for Ramsey to start on the bench then.

Suarez?
For the life of me, I do not understand Emery and why wanted him in the first place.
Then, in Torreira and Ramsey's absence, he is the logical choice to takeover as the box-to-box runner, tackling and passing, plus he is a better dribbler than Ramsey.
I will play Suarez rather than Elneny, who is that useless and does not gel into this new team - a very loose and too small square peg in a large round hole.

Xhaka?
Doubt he will be fit and too risky with Napoli and Watford next week. Rather give him more time to recover rather than suffered a relapse that put him out for weeks. he is more vital player than Ramsey.

Ozil?
he will certainly start as he finally got his head screwed right and understand the demand of Emery, i.e. a better team player who put in a shift.

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. Leno

… Sokratis … Koscielny … Monreal

… Maitland-Niles … Guendouzi … Suarez ... Kolasinac

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. Ozil

….. ….. Lacazette ….. Aubameyang

We are effectively attacking with 3-4-3 with wingbacks joining in the attack and both Guendouzi-Suarez as the holding midfield and both of them controlling the tempo and setting up plays from deep.

Guendouzi is always attacking with his passes directly forward.
Suarez is the short-passing player behind Guendouzi, with his anticipation and good reading of game to snuff out any attacking threats from Everton.

Do notice that for the past few games, Kolasinac are cutting more frequent into centre midfield to press players and to win balls; overloading the centre by surrounding any ball carrier with at least 3 Arsenal players.
That is where the usefulness of Suarez interchanging with Kolasinac or Ozil at left flank.

Ozil?
He is at his best as No. 10 with a free role to float flank to flank and between Forward-2 and Midfield-2, joining in attack or joining Midfield-2 in winning balls and instantly pressing opponents in the middle.

It is up to us to win this game by just scoring a goal and keeping a clean sheet.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Re: Match against Everton - we can keep clean-sheet but can we score?
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2019 19:49
Word is Granit Xhaka or Laurent Koscielny won't be fit.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2019 10:52 by Boston Gooner.

goonerred (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 10:01
This is a must win game. We go back to third with a win and we have to keep the pressure on Tottenham who have some big games coming up against City. It will be tough as Everton seem to have fund some form. COME ON ARSENAL.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 14:15
Great to see we still can't deal with long throws

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 17:32
Well that was the kiss of death Merl, not only could we not score but a better team than Everton would have put at least three in today

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
07 April, 2019 22:08
(Sm149)

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net