football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Team News & Newcastle Match Thread
MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:03
Leno
Sokratis
Ramsey
Lacazette
Ozil
Maitland-Niles
Iwobi
Monreal
Mustafi
Guendouzi
Kolasinac

Subs:

Cech, Elneny, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Suarez, Jenkinson, Nketiah.

18 days after our last game we're back!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 00:19 by Padre Pio.

Re: Team News & Newcastle Match Thread
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:08
I’m here in greasy spoon, it’s mobbed, the whole area is more busy than a normal match day

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:10
Xhaka misses out with a tight groin and Koscielny misses out with a bruised foot.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:12
Newcastle:

Dubravka
Dummett
Lascelles
Rondon
Diame
Ritchie
Hayden
Ayoze
Lejeune
Yedlin
Almiron

Subs:

Darlow, Ki, Shelvey, Muto, Kenedy, Federico, Manquillo.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:35
Mustafi against almiron... God help us

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:50
Hope I'm wrong but looking at that team I'm not so confident of a win now.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 19:52
Quote:
SuperRob
Mustafi against almiron... God help us

We should run a book on what minute he inevitably does something stupid and costs us a goal.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:13
Ramsey scores but its disallowed for a foul by Sokratis.

01 April, 2019 20:14
Silly soft foul .

01 April, 2019 20:19
Need to up the tempo.

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:23
Am I being biased or is the ref giving toon all the 50/50s right now? Sokratis and the Toon defender were pulling each other, defender throws himself down, goal disallowed.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:30
Letting Ramsey leave is madness.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:30
Lovely finish

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:31
1-0 Come on, let's put this game to bed now.

01 April, 2019 20:31
Love him or hate him we are going to miss him.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:33
Thorough professional. I the other move he was at the edge of the box and started the move and then busting his lungs to support laca. @#$%& u cesc rvp nasri sanchez. This guy is showing true professionalism. Been the best player for a month after getting time as B2B

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:33
Andy Cole said it best before the game, to replace Ramsey you are talking a £50/60m player. Letting him walk away for free makes zero sense.

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:44
Good spell for Newcastle, come on Arsenal, third place is at stake here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2019 20:44 by goonerred.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 20:48
Half time 1-0.

Took a while getting going but we started playing some lovely stuff towards the end of the half. Could've had more if Kolasinac had more quality on the ball. Would be 2-0 were it not for a fantastic Ritchie clearance.

Ramsey has been immense. Ozil has been very good as well.

tigerline (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:01
I know that this is not news to anyone, but Mustafi is really, REALLY dumb.
Jeezum.

He is a threat to Arsenal every time he gets near the ball or near an opponent ... especially in the box.

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:11
Maitland -Niles down. Noo not Jenkinson, please!!!

01 April, 2019 21:12
Bit sloppy.

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:20
I think we need another.

01 April, 2019 21:23
Ramsey off injured.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:26
Feels like one of them games. Utterly dominant and under no threat. Bu t if we don't score, the last 10 mins will be really difficult.

01 April, 2019 21:29
Pretty poor up to now this 2nd half.

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:33
I'm getting nervous, come on. Some good passes then the last one just gives the ball away.

01 April, 2019 21:37
We need to wake up.

01 April, 2019 21:39
Lacca.
Much needed 2nd goal.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:40
Get in that's great play

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:40
Great, 3 points now surely!!

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:41
Phew so glad we got the second. Get in!

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:51
We're in third yay!!!

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:54
The real work starts now with 5 away games

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
01 April, 2019 21:59
Quote:
CazOnARola
The real work starts now with 5 away games

Yes, we just need to keep the level of performance up. Our last away game vs Spurs was really good so need to replicate that.

I think 4pts in the next two games will be good return.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 02:38
If we win all remaining league games, we are guaranteed 3rd place. Our future is definitely in our own hands.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 03:11
If ramsey has a hamstring injury or something that will be a huge blow

tigerline (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 03:18
Quote:
CazOnARola
If ramsey has yet ANOTHER hamstring injury or something that will be a huge blow

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 09:22
We're not going to win all our remaining games but the other 3 teams will also drop points. It's going to go down to the wire.

The big unknowns are how spurs will react to the new stadium and how utd will react to ogs getting the job permanently.

goonerred (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 09:55
I know people say they will miss Ramsey, and I admit he has played well this season. However, he hasn't always played well, a lot of us moaned that he had one good season and a lot of injuries, so I'm not sure if it was wise to pay him the huge wage he wanted to keep him.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 10:21
Regardless of what you may think of Ramsey personally nobody can deny that since getting back into the team he has saved our potentially flagging season, particularly his role in some of our results against the bigger sides.

Losing him will leave us with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi, none of whom offer what he does, so we will have to replace him somehow.

goonerred (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 10:31
Quote:
MattySadler
Regardless of what you may think of Ramsey personally nobody can deny that since getting back into the team he has saved our potentially flagging season, particularly his role in some of our results against the bigger sides.
Losing him will leave us with Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi, none of whom offer what he does, so we will have to replace him somehow.

But there are issues as pointed out in the post above. Perhaps the wrong move was not to offer him a new contract when we were more in the bargaining seat, once he got into his final year, he held all the cards. He's going to get a huge salary because there was no transfer fee.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 12:18
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
MattySadler

But there are issues as pointed out in the post above. Perhaps the wrong move was not to offer him a new contract when we were more in the bargaining seat, once he got into his final year, he held all the cards. He's going to get a huge salary because there was no transfer fee.

Not really relevant to what I'm saying though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2019 12:19 by MattySadler.

tigerline (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 14:23
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
MattySadler

Not really relevant to what I'm saying though.

I would really like to know what happened here between the player and the club from this point forward:

[www.arsenal.com]

hahanice (IP Logged)
03 April, 2019 00:07
I would argue Wenger used him poorly. With every manager he's ever played for other than Wenger he has been nothing short of brilliant. Juve even said they plan on using him correctly unlike what Wenger was doing.

Unai clearly knows how to use him. Clubs like juve want him and we don't. Meanwhile our highest earner can barely get into the team and does nothing more than iwobi on a nightly basis but people don't see a problem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net