football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Xhaka claiming that he is ready for the "next step" in his career.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
22 March, 2019 22:54
Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka has dropped a strong hint that he could look to leave the club this summer by claiming that he is ready for the "next step" in his career.
Xhaka has emerged as a key member of Unai Emery's first-choice XI so far this season, missing just five Premier League games throughout the campaign.

The 26-year-old has regularly been criticised during his time in the Premier League, but his form in the Arsenal midfield this term has earned praise.

However, the Switzerland international has outlined his ambition while Arsenal are in a battle to finish in the top four, and suggested that he would be willing to leave the Emirates Stadium to match his targets.

"I'm very ambitious, I want to take the next step, Arsenal does not have to be the last stop," he told Tagblatt.

Xhaka joined Arsenal in 2016 and has gone on to make 125 appearances for the club.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Xhaka claiming that he is ready for the "next step" in his career.
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2019 23:10
He signed a new contract extension till 2022/23.

Meaning, at the end of 2019/20, and we are still in the doldrums struggling to win title or CL Cup, he will move when marquee clubs like Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, ManU, Liverpool, Chelski, Man City bid for him.

Xhaka knew that he has this season and next season to impress his deep-pocket employer to bid for him.

In other words, we will see a fired-up Xhaka driving Arsenal to play in the CL Cup.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
23 March, 2019 00:29
Sell him to Barca or RM for £50m? Good business.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
23 March, 2019 10:32
Lol.

He's had 5-6 consecutive games for the first time since he's been here where he hasn't made a catastrophic mistake.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 March, 2019 10:51
In all honesty would a Top club want him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
23 March, 2019 14:44
He's one of those deluded players who think they are better than they really are (e.g. Memphis Depay).

But you never know, let's not forget we used to be Barcelona's favorite supermarket: Hleb, Song and Vermaelen come to mind as recent flops.

goonerred (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 16:03
Quote:
Boston Gooner
In all honesty would a Top club want him.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 19:49
Off you pop

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 10:26
He'd be well suited to the slower pace and lower intensity of the Spanish or Italian leagues. I can see a top club from those countries buying him. A top club in England or Germany wouldn't.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 10:51
I could probably count the number of games he's stood out (from a positive perspective anyway) on one hand.

He's s.hite.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 14:14
Sell Xhaka.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 18:08
Hasn't this been the way of footballers these days???

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2019 20:51
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Hasn't this been the way of footballers these days???

Not really as you have to be pretty good to ‘move onto the next level’ and Xhaka isn’t.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

litmus (IP Logged)
27 March, 2019 10:07
There is really nothing in this story. You guys must be bored with no club football.

Its like me asking an employee of 2 years, and he says "I am ambitious, I always want to learn and improve. I don't know what the future holds, I might not be here forever."

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
27 March, 2019 11:03
^And if that employee was an average performer at best, you wouldn't be bothered if he left would you.

Hence this thread.

litmus (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 01:04
Quote:
BootyDaddy
^And if that employee was an average performer at best, you wouldn't be bothered if he left would you.
Hence this thread.

You're right, but what I am saying is that there is nothing much in what he said. In fact a whole lot of footballers say these kind of things, but the fact that many dislike him probably cause this overreaction to the statement.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 11:32
Not really. I work with a lot of useless c.unts and if one of them was to say he's 'ready to move on to the next level' (which you're right happens sometimes), then equally it causes a talking point or two in the office and usually a good few laughs as well.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2019 16:18
What Xhaka meant that he is ready to move to a club that can promise regular CL Cup football.

Problem is - which top-notch club is in need of a "no. 10" and existing No. 10 is inferior and needed replacement in the summer?

I can't see clubs like Bayern Munich, PSG, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Roma, Barca, Real, A. Madrid, Chelski, ManU, Liverpool, Man City and even Tony Totts bidding for him.

"Next level" can mean that he returns to Basel to play regular CL Cup football with them in 2021/22 season.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net