football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Too many
Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 19:53
We have far too many of these performances discipline in our play and stupid decisions by players lack of fight and baffling tactics this has been happening many years and is not acceptable have to say Emery has to share the blame tonight.

Under new managment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 20:05 by Bergmars.

Re: Too many
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 19:55
Nothing has really changed if we are honest.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

goonerred (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 20:14
No, I agree. At the start we played well, we were passing the ball out of defence and turning it into attack,they couldn't live with us. Then we just fizzled out and silly mistakes came in. We didn't seem to chase down the ball, they were really up for it and deserved to win in the end.

I've seen us play like that at the start, not scoring, and looking like we felt we had the moral victory, then just drew or lost. Too much lethargy, is it legacy from Wenger? Are the players just incapable of self-motivation?

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 20:46
Surely you play for personal pride I know I did when I played and your only as good as your last game.It also hurt if my team lost and took days to get over not sure our recent squads feel that.

Under new managment

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 20:57
I think it turned on Sokratis sending off, we should have defended for 1-1 but lacked discipline.
1-1 would have been a good result, attacking with ten men left us wide open and Monreal getting skinned, Auba was ineffective up front, so we defended poorly and attacked poorly.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 21:37
Look at the 3rd goal.

Guendouzi just does not have the engine nor pace to track down Sarri; and was always behind Sarri from the centre-circle.

And what do you know?
Only Ramsey managed to run back and got in front of him.

SO much praise on Guendouzi.
But he is useless defensively and just does not have that tactical awareness to sense danger and refused to burst a gut to get in front of Sarri and slow him down. WTF he is doing defending zone so slavishly - no f**king football brain.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 23:15
Yes I'm surprised what people see in Guendouzi.
Think he is pretty average.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 08:01
Quote:
Bergmars
We have far too many of these performances discipline in our play and stupid decisions by players lack of fight and baffling tactics this has been happening many years and is not acceptable have to say Emery has to share the blame tonight.

I agree, but Emery can only take so much of the blame.

How much can a manager really do to prevent an erratic defender from pushing an attacker in the the back in the box for literally no reason? What can a manager do when an experienced 33 year old defender decides, in the 87th minute of the first leg of the round of 16, to not bother tracking back after losing possession in the final third?

The likes of Cech, Monreal, Koscielny, Mustafi, Xhaka, and others, have spent years and years together now as part of a proven bad defence. A defence that consistently shows a lack of discipline and is prone to these all-too-frequent self-implosions.

The only solution is to continue the clear out and rebuilding process. Unfortunately it isn't a quick fix and we've got more of this to come.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 09:20
Agree Matty.

I'm afraid I predict years of frustration ahead. We have an indifferent owner who maybe here for at least a decade. A manager I perceive as merely an interim appointment but this being Arsenal, even if he can't get mount a serious challenge for the title, will probably be here for a minimum of three years if we achieve top 6 every season, whereas a big club would hook him out by his second year. And then who will we get to replace him? I can't see a manager with serious credentials itching to come to us, unless he's happy with about 50 million to spend in a transfer window.

I must admit the minimum I expected from Emery was a serious upgrade in defence but we look as hapless as ever in that area.

I'm glad we got rid of Wenger but he was here ten years too long so that gives us all an indication of how much ambition is thriving at Arsenal; the club appears to tremble at the prospect of it despite the word being misused by various frauds in high places at Arsenal.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 11:42
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Yes I'm surprised what people see in Guendouzi.
Think he is pretty average.
yep

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 20:56
Emerys substitutions were questionable at best

Under new managment

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 05:45
Or Emery decided to give up this tie and rest players for weekend game against ManU.

No use flogging a dead horse and left key players knackered chasing a lost cause.
After all, it is "half time" in France and still plenty of time in a "90-minute 2nd half" to salvage this tie.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 12:43
We will need two goals and if they score 3, not looking good considering they will def park the bus and have pacy forwards

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 01:14
Emery would have learned from the first game against Renne and set his team up accordingly. Just like how he learned from the FA cup defeat to ManUre to win against them today. I have confidence we will get past Renne.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:35
Its all down to attitude and mentality we are good enough but need to be disciplined and savy

Under new managment

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net