football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Torreira gets 3 game Ban.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 11:42
Lucas Torreira has been banned for three games after the Football Association rejected Arsenal's appeal over his red card against Tottenham.

Torreira, on as a half-time substitute, saw red in the fifth minute of stoppage time, after his stud-showing follow-through caught Danny Rose high on the shin.

The 23-year-old will now miss United’s visit to the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, as well as the visit of Newcastle and a trip to Everton.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Torreira gets 3 game Ban.
goonerred (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 12:23
I wonder if the FA is looking into Rose going into Leno studs up on both feet without even a yellow card. If Torreira is to see red, so should he.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 14:33
Rose was booked for it though wasn't he, that's why that bulls.hit rule comes into play where the ref has already dealt with the offence, i.e. he gave a yellow card for it on the day so no need for any further action.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 14:58
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Rose was booked for it though wasn't he, that's why that bulls.hit rule comes into play where the ref has already dealt with the offence, i.e. he gave a yellow card for it on the day so no need for any further action.

I didn't think he had been, but I didn't see the whole match you may be right. If he was booked, then no,they can't look into it, the ref dealt with it.

Edit Just checked, you're right, he was booked though Paul Parker commenting for the BBC reckoned he had every right to go for the ball!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 15:02 by goonerred.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net