football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Match against Rennes - Pointless to bench Ozil for this game.
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 23:43
Laca is suspended; and Torreira suspended for 3 league games.

if Ramsey is to start against ManU with him to stop Pogba from playing, it is natural to rest him and play Ozil against an European side.

This game can't comes fats enough for Auba to pick himself up from the ground and redempt himself by scoring.

The team really pick itself; and I fancy Emery will pick the same team as against Bournemouth but will he trust Jenkinson over Mustafi and over AMN?

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Leno

... Jenkinson ... Sokratis ... Koscielny ... Kolasinac

..... ..... ..... Guendouzi ..... ..... Xhaka

... Mkhitaryan ..... Ozil ..... Suarez

..... ..... ..... ..... AUbameyang

I will rest Iwobi and time to play Suarez.

Suspend Emery rotated the squad against ManU with an eye against Rennes and then ManU.

We need Ramsey against ManU to battle it out in midfield and also to man-mark Pogba to stop ManU from playing.

The pace of Jenkinson and Kolasinac is vital to stop those pacy wingers from Rennes attacking down the flank.
And it is vital to rest Monreal for ManU game.

Mustafi?
let's face it. He is our best RB in a defensive sense and stop Tiny Totts from raiding down our right flank.
If only Emery instructed him to stay out of the box.

3 vital game sin a row - Tiny Totts, Rennes and ManU.

Emery got his team selection right against Bournemouth and Tiny Totts.

It will be most interesting to see his team selection against Rennes.

Mkhitaryan?
We can't rest him when he is on-fire and rediscovers his mojo and clearly, a player that cna win game single-handed and best of all, we have two creative playmakers on the pitch that will bewilder opponents from man-marking Ozil out of the game.

The presence of Ozil alone will create more space for Mkhitaryan ... and for Xhaka to drive inside passing channels ... and will SUarez benefits from all these spaces created by both Ozil and Mkhitaryan.

It is an European tie and surely Ozil and Suarez will thrive in this kind of game?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2019 23:51 by Merlion96.

Re: Match against Rennes - Pointless to bench Ozil for this game.
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 00:12
Its also an away tie which needs taking into account

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 01:47
That is the point.
An away European tie will settle once and for all whether Ozil has a future under Emery. A physical French side is not as intimidating and physical and battling teams as away games against physical Burnley, Cardiff, ManU, Everton, Wolves, WHU and Liverpool.

Rennes is a skillful side with plenty of pace and not a team of kickers and hackers like English teams.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 02:54
Put Mkhitaryan, Iwobi and Xhaka on the bench against Rennes. Partner Torreira with Elneny in midfield. Isn't AMN available? Play him in front of Jenkinson.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 09:31
Quote:
Merlion96
That is the point.
An away European tie will settle once and for all whether Ozil has a future under Emery. A physical French side is not as intimidating and physical and battling teams as away games against physical Burnley, Cardiff, ManU, Everton, Wolves, WHU and Liverpool.

Rennes is a skillful side with plenty of pace and not a team of kickers and hackers like English teams.

I think the point is to win the game, not set an exam for Ozil.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 13:18
Ozil will play.. Game against United very important. Mkhi on current form with be rested as well as iwobi. Both gave a lot physically at spurs

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2019 20:58
Quote:
CazOnARola
Ozil will play.. Game against United very important. Mkhi on current form with be rested as well as iwobi. Both gave a lot physically at spurs

Agreed.
But they are fit enough to play one half to make a difference.
I am sure Ozil will not start against ManU and Emery will rotate the squad (rest Mkhi and Iwobi, both key players against ManU) and play him for 90 minutes against Rennes.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 11:10
With Torreira suspended for the united game I assume he will play against Rennes and Guendouzi may be rested (possibly Xhaka as well.)

I assume it will be Aubameyang who will lead the line on his own as well.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 13:03
Quote:
younghansolo
With Torreira suspended for the united game I assume he will play against Rennes and Guendouzi may be rested (possibly Xhaka as well.)

As Lacazette is suspended there is no other option

younghansolo (IP Logged)
04 March, 2019 13:38
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
younghansolo

As Lacazette is suspended there is no other option

I forgot about that.

I also completely forgot that we have Denis Suarez as well. I suspect our manager might have also.

davidmendes94 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 15:28
Rennes is too confident , Arsenal will win

Arsenal FC news

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 17:03
Ozil playing

07 March, 2019 19:46
they're 10th in the french league, good job lads, see you sunday

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net