football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ozil
Bergmars (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 13:58
Will he play Saturday

Under new managment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2019 14:00 by Bergmars.

Re: Ozil
goonerred (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 14:15
Depends, did he break a nail last night?

younghansolo (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 14:56
I hope so, he’s made a huge difference. Enormous actually

Bergmars (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 14:58
Him and Mikhi create chances

Under new managment

SuperRob (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 16:32
I wouldn't play him. This would be my line up

Leno

Mustafi Kos Sokratis Monreal

Torreira Xhaka

Mkhi Ramsey Iwobi

Aubameyang

goonerred (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 17:58
The trouble with Oil is, you never know what you are going to get. We all know what he can do and we all know what he doesn't do. I think I'd bench him with a view to definitely coming on.Him and Mhyki were good last night, but, it was a poorer side than Tottenham is going to be. The wheels have started falling off so I am more hopeful of at least a draw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 07:49 by goonerred.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 22:43
I would play him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
28 February, 2019 23:26
Spurs are suffering their worse form and confidence all season. I think we need to attack them. Play Ozil, if he has a shocker, take him off.

But i think Emery will replace him for Ramsey in the line up.

litmus (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 03:06
we should play Ozil, go for it. Ramsey has generally been poor apart from the Chelsea game. He looks very leggy and ponderous on the ball and slows things down. Spurs is a hard pressing team and we need players who can move the ball faster. If Ozil can put in a defensive shift (somewhat) like yesterday, then he's a much better option than Rambo.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 12:06
If Ozil doesn't play Emery should be sacked before kick off!!

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 14:02
Sometimes GunnerSingh, your reactions are hilarious. Just like this guy.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 14:32
We will be pragmatic, lot of running needed and lot of pressing. Ozil is not the best at bringing the ball out infer pressure on his own like wilshere/rosicky ozil myself relies on pre meditation to get away from ppl, so if he anticipates wrongly, the defender would get the ball. Ramsey is pretty much in the same range, but he will be slightly more willing to put his body on the line and protects the ball better. And with Lacazette vs Aubameyang. Lacazette will try to keep it under pressure even if it means getting hit, pierre doesn't.

Both will start and both should start considering emerys approach to big games. Iwobi and Kolasinac might start as well

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2019 18:48
We've been dire and i mean dire toi watch without Ozil. Creating f uck all and playing some of/if not the worst football I've ever seen from a Arsenal side.

Ozil deserves to play and if Emery doesn't play him, that proves he puts his agenda, ahead of the team needs.

Anyone who does that deserves sacking, simple as that!!

I'll tell you what i find funny is everyone saying what I say, but 12 months later!!

01 March, 2019 19:41
You really do need to lighten up.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 09:23
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
We've been dire and i mean dire toi watch without Ozil. Creating f uck all and playing some of/if not the worst football I've ever seen from a Arsenal side.
Ozil deserves to play and if Emery doesn't play him, that proves he puts his agenda, ahead of the team needs.

Anyone who does that deserves sacking, simple as that!!

I'll tell you what i find funny is everyone saying what I say, but 12 months later!!
Exactly we have been dire to watch and we won 2-0 against Chelsea playing @#$%&. I'm not saying its to with that team. The team depends on the approach. And I'm not blind enough to say there's just one way to play football. Considering emery's approach, i dont see any reason he will play ozil in tough away games even if it means we won't play pretty. He will bring him on if we need a goal or 2

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 March, 2019 10:36
We also beat Spurs 4-2 with a display of power football and were very unlucky at Chelsea.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

02 March, 2019 12:02
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
If Ozil doesn't play Emery should be sacked before kick off!!

He hasn't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net