football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Player Ratings vs. Huddersfield
MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:14
Leno - 7. Nothing to do in the first half. Made a couple of saves in the second half and was off his line quickly to stop Depoitre.

Mustafi - 4. We've seen him have lots of bad games for the Arsenal and make a lot of terrible mistakes, but he's always had a lot of (misplaced) confidence. First half today his confidence looked completely shot. I suspect he may have seen the Twitter thread about his defensive errors this week... Shaky throughout.
Koscielny - 7. Did well again today. Dealt with crosses and defended well. Pick of the defence.
Monreal - 6. Had a tough time wit Diakhaby's runs in behind. Cleared off the line in the second half.

Maitland-Niles - 7. Got forward loads in the first half and assisted Lacazette's goal. Guilty of a really sloppy giveaway at the start of the second half but played well otherwise.
Torreira - 5. Hardly noticed him, particularly on the ball. Felt the game past him by.
Guendouzi - 6. Played some good passes but felt he had a lot to do on his own.
Kolasinac - 6. Excellent cross for Iwobi's deflected opener but he didn't help Monreal out much.

Iwobi - 6. Scored and was a constant threat throughout, but he could've produced a lot more.
Lacazette - 7. Decent performance alone up front. Scored and moved well.
Mkhitaryan - 7. Had a really good first half on his comeback, stringing a lot of moves together in the final third and could've scored himself. Quieter second half.

Subs:

Elneny - 5. Bizarrely took a header right off Lacazette's head.
Suarez - 5. Didn't see a lot of him as we hung on.
Willock - N/A. Not on long.

Not a great performance by any means. First half we were clinical but kept inviting Huddersfield into the game through our own sloppy play. Second half Huddersfield had much more of the play and created a number of chances. We had opportunities to seal the win but failed to take them. Huddersfield scored late on to ensure a tense finish.

Midfield was completely anonymous today while we just make too many unforced errors, and Iwobi is wasteful.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 09:44 by Padre Pio.

Re: Player Ratings vs. Huddersfield
goonerred (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:18
Leno does seem to knock the ball right in front of him instead of pushing it to the side out of danger. If a Huddersfield player had been there,it could have been a goal.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:34
Quote:
goonerred
Leno does seem to knock the ball right in front of him instead of pushing it to the side out of danger. If a Huddersfield player had been there,it could have been a goal.

Makes good saves but hasn't learnt to get it as wide away from the goal as possible. Unfortunately its probably too late to change habits.

goonerred (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 17:58
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
goonerred

Makes good saves but hasn't learnt to get it as wide away from the goal as possible. Unfortunately its probably too late to change habits.
Probably, but I hope they work on it in training, because that will cost us at times.

hahanice (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 18:55
i struggle to blame him for that one though, ball dipped and swerved. would rather he just get 2 strong hands to it and keep it out

MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:15
Quote:
hahanice
i struggle to blame him for that one though, ball dipped and swerved. would rather he just get 2 strong hands to it and keep it out

Yeah the ball moved a lot. I thought he just did well even getting down to it. Thankfully Koscielny was on hand to clean up.

goonerred (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 19:18
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
hahanice

Yeah the ball moved a lot. I thought he just did well even getting down to it. Thankfully Koscielny was on hand to clean up.
It's not the first time he's done it though. I just he can improve that a bit.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 00:00
Unbelievable bad.
What a shamble of a team after Man City 2nd half.

Huddersfield 66% possession in the 2nd half and just lack a cutting edge to finish us off … like Man City.

Leno - 6. Does not inspire confidence when coming out for the ball. Saw that unbelievable misjudgment coming out and completely misjudge the speed of the ball and distance to run?

Mustafi - 4. Shaky throughout. Put the team in danger with his passes to opponent on more than 2 occasions. Look as if he had stopped playing for Emery and just going through the motion.

Koscielny - 7. MOTM. A Captain performance. Did well again today. Dealt with crosses and defended well. Pick of the defence.

Monreal - 6. Had a tough time wit Diakhaby's runs in behind. Cleared off the line in the second half.

Maitland-Niles - 5. One point for that assist. Chrissake, give the ball away on 4 or more occasions in our final third! No football brain, can't defend, can't get pass his man, can't shoot, just sell him a she failed to develop and remains Championship material.

Torreira - 5. Hardly noticed him, particularly on the ball. Felt the game past him by. WHat is wrong with him?

Guendouzi - 6. Played some good passes but felt he had a lot to do on his own.

Kolasinac - 5. Woeful, no tracking back ability, AWOL at left flank and scored an own goal.

Iwobi - 5. Woeful and did not stand up to fight. Just drift in and out of the game - float like a bumblebee and sting like a butterfly.

Lacazette - 6. Just not clinical enough and really no understanding with team-mates.

Mkhitaryan - 6. Decent on his comeback, stringing a lot of moves together in the final third and could've scored himself. Quieter second half. But hey! It is only Huddersfield.

Elneny - 4 - @#$%@ dumb jackass who literally jumped over Laca to steal the ball. Just sell him.

Dennis Suarez - 4 - anonymous and hardly involved.

Willock - just a cameo appearance and should start ahead of Elneny.

Unai Emery - BIG FAT ZERO of a dumbfcuk of a manager.
He is running scared and playing a team that just managed to score FIVE GOALS before scoring SIXTH against Arsenal at home, he preferred to site back and launched counter-attacks like he is playing against Top-4 teams.

Where is his high-tempo pressing and high tempo-passing game?
All we see are lots of back-passes with players dare not pressed Huddersfield player sin the own half, contented to retreat and wait for Huddersfield to attack them?

Why allowed a 36-year-old assistant Bundesliga coach to out-thought him and easily torn Arsenal midfield and defence apart?

Had Emery lost the dressing room as if the players are just not listening to his instructions, nervous nellies against Huddersfield and simply running scare on the pitch whose aim is to not win but to keep a clean-sheet at all cost even to the extent of scare to launch attacking plays when in possession?

2017/18 Crab Football was unbelievable bad, but this game saw the worse kind of Crab Football and took the cake of even worst than any of Arsene Wenger Crab Football teams.

As Petit said, what is the point of replacing Wenger when we got a dumbfcuk of a manager who out-performance 2017/18 Arsene Wenger in Crab Football?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 08:13
I'm not a huge Mkhitaryan fan these days but you really saw the difference his hard work and off the ball movement made yesterday.

We've missed him over the last 10 games or so because, with Ozil and Ramsey essentially out of the picture, he and Iwobi are our only plays who can play that role in between the midfield and attack (winger/ attacking midfield). Definitely one of the priority areas we need to address in the summer.

hahanice (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:17
I though mhiki was excellent. Motm for me. Everything good came from him. Should have had 2 assists and good persistence to get amn that ball for the second goal

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:38
Huddersfield scored late?? or we gifted the a goal??

nothing about this win inspires confidence. frankly i have no clue what Emery wants or his preferred pattern except that our defence is shambolic.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

litmus (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 15:00
Iwobi got a 6? He was the worst of the lot. We must be watching two different games in parallel dimensions then. It seems from the comments from Arsenal fans all around the world on Instagram and Twitter watching the game, most agreed with me with many saying they never want to see Iwobi in an Arsenal shirt again.

It was probably Iwobi's worst game. Was he trying too hard? We all saw his statements leading up to this game that he admits that he needs to score or assist more. That added to his poor play. Just because he got involved doesn't mean he had a good game.

AMN also I believe was trying too hard to prove something, keep on trying to dribble in tight spaces when he should have kept things simple and ticking.

Agreed with the scores for Mkhi, he was one of our best players. Not bad for someone who just came back from a long lay off. Kos too - another very good game for him. Sokratis needs to come back pronto. Mustafi was beyond shite.

djarse (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 16:22
Sky ratings were:

Leno (7), Maitland-Niles (7), Mustafi (6), Koscielny (8), Monreal (6), Guendouzi (7), Torreira (6), Kolasinac (6), Mkhitaryan (8), Lacazette (7), Iwobi (6).

Subs: Elneny (6), Suarez (6), Willock (n/a).

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:31
Looked like Mikhi had a great game. We have missed him

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

litmus (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 04:05
Quote:
djarse
Sky ratings were:
Leno (7), Maitland-Niles (7), Mustafi (6), Koscielny (8), Monreal (6), Guendouzi (7), Torreira (6), Kolasinac (6), Mkhitaryan (8), Lacazette (7), Iwobi (6).

Subs: Elneny (6), Suarez (6), Willock (n/a).

Sky ratings? If you score 2 own goals you still get no lower than 5.

Case in point, Elneny getting a six. I think if people went to the loo and missed him coming on, they would not noticed him on the field except for stealing Laca's open goal from him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net