football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Match against Huddersfield - Just play Mesut Ozil
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 17:35
There is an article that said Emery is a combination of the worst of Wenger and Mourinho rolled into one.

Mourinho feuding with his star players to show who is boss, and his regimented style that so destroyed Chelski and ManU.

Emery is as clueless as Wenger in setting up defence and playing tippy tappy football worse than Wenger team.

It is insulting that Emery prided himself of playing high-tempo and pressing football and had zero attempt at goal in 2nd half against Man City, always on the back-foot and clueless as to how to change the shape of his team to counter Man City high-pressing and quick-passing game.

Huddersfield?
of course, he needed to score goals to win this game.
Of course, he needed his strikeforce to have at least 10 attempts at goal per half.
And that means he needed a playmaker in Ozil to find the passing channel, to dictate the tempo at final third and to drag the defence out of shape with his movement and defensive splitting passes.

Work rate?
You don't need him to run his socks off like Torreira or Guendouzi but just for him to execute instant press when he loses the ball and to close down defenders and mdifielders in opponent half.

Let Xhaka-Guendouzi-Suarez do all the running as water carrier behind him with his focus on providing services to both Laca and Auba for them to do their stuff.
No wodner Auba is hinting to Emery that he needed Ozil to play.

If we are frightened to play gungho attacking football against Huddersfield away from home, what we talking about being a Top-4 team?

The presence of Ozil will not destroy the shape of the team as Wenger and MOurinho had shown how to bring the best out of Ozil.

Goal difference may be worth an extra point in the fight for Top-4 spot and it is time for us to ratchet up a cricket score against teams like Huddersifeld.
Tiwm to throw caution to teh widn and jsut attack, attack. attack and to otuscoe Huddersifeld regardless the number of golas we cocneived with a leaky defence.

Tiem to have the confidence to outsocre against opponents like Huddesfield and not treated them as if we are playing away against Barca or Real or Athletico.

Torreira?
I beleived he ahd collected 5 yellows and is suspended for this match.
He needed this breather to recover from a franitc run since he played as a regular starter.

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Leno

..... Mavropanos ... Koscielny ... Monreal

... AMN ... Guendouzi ...Suarez ... Kolasinac

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Ozil

..... ..... Lacazette ..... Aubameyang

I will field an attacking 3-4-3 and play Guendouzi-Suarez in the middle.

Xhaka is a disaster and should be dropped and reserved for the BATE midweek match.
he slowed down plays and simply lack that mentality to focus the entire 90 minutes to avoid making silly mistakes that instantly provided a goal-scoring opportunity to opponents.

A Midfield-4 of AMN-Guendouzi-Suarez-Kolasinac should be strong enough to dominate midfield, to win and feed balls to Ozil to do his stuff.

Time for Emery to show some balls and belief in his players like Ozil to tear teams like Huddersfield to shreds like what Man City did to us.

Didn't Emery said he trusts Suarez?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Re: Match against Huddersfield - Just play Mesut Ozil
tigerline (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:06
We need more key passes.
We need more shots on goal.
We need more goals ... a lot more.

Surely, Emery will make changes to make this happen.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 07:14
I predict Ozil will play and do okay, maybe even get an assist or two, all then all of his Twitter supporters will start talking about how he's a once in a lifetime, generational talent once again.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 09:45
He played 30+ league games last season we finished 6th. I am not blaming him for that, but how much of difference will he make or does he make to results? Our results against top six this season are slightly better than last. The most Özil could do is paper over the cracks for a mainly weak and ill balanced squad. We have three top class players the rest are mediocre or dross.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 13:31
Quote:
Merlion96
Torreira?
I beleived he ahd collected 5 yellows and is suspended for this match.
He needed this breather to recover from a franitc run since he played as a regular starter.

Torreira is not suspended. The threshold for 5 yellows had passed since boxing day. Only players who get 10 yellows by end of April will get a ban (2games).

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 23:59
..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Leno

..... Mavropanos ... Koscielny ... Monreal

... AMN ... Xhaka ...Torreira ... Kolasinac

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Ozil

..... ..... Lacazette ..... Aubameyang

Emery will rest Guendouzi and field the Xkaha-Torreira combination with Ozil as chief playmaker.

ANother attempt to replicate that 22 games unbeaten run?

Xhaka has the experience to link-up midfield with forwards and contorl the tempo of midfield. Guendouzi is still learning, and at current rate of development, and perhaps next season ready to take over from Xhaka.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

litmus (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 15:29
Huddersfield although playing at home will not risk going on the attack. They will put their boot in and their rough play will naturally not be called due to the English refs being easily swayed by the home crowd. I'd go for Guendozi over Xhaka simply for the fact that he is much more mobile and is a more willing carrier of the ball.

Against a team like Huddersfield you need to move the ball quickly and then move your ass. Xhaka simply can't do that. Guendozi at least runs with the ball which may help beat their press.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 11:12
Quote:
Padre Pio
He played 30+ league games last season we finished 6th. I am not blaming him for that, but how much of difference will he make or does he make to results? Our results against top six this season are slightly better than last. The most Özil could do is paper over the cracks for a mainly weak and ill balanced squad. We have three top class players the rest are mediocre or dross.

I agree with nearly all of that. However I do think that had we had Auba playing with Ozil for a full season and Lacazette being as comfortable in the league as he is now we would have scored more goals in the first part of the season. Doesn't;t necessarily result in vicotries because we were still lousy in defence, but I do think there is a case for Ozil playing every game he's available for.

We haven't got a single creative player in the team. Our assists are coming from Iwobi or Kolasinac currently. Or by Lacazette scoring from nowhere.

goonerred (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 12:18
Does any one have a secure stream for watching matches? I used to use Reddit but they've gone. I have Acestream in stalled, but I don't know how to access links for that.Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net