Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Which full backs do you want us to sign in the summer?
Discussion started by Gunnersingh1 , 03 February, 2019 11:37
Which full backs do you want us to sign in the summer?
Gunnersingh1 03 February, 2019 11:37
I watched the Leeds vs Norwich match and yet again Max Aarons was brilliant. We need to sign him in the summer, he will be better than Trent Alexander Arnold. He can play left and RB just as well.

At lB Ferland Mendy would be a briiliant signing. He's a beast.

These 2 would transform us. I'd get rid of Koladinic and keep Monreal as back up.

Re: Which full backs do you want us to sign in the summer?
MattySadler 03 February, 2019 13:53
Yes touted Aarons on here not too long ago. Looks quality.

MattySadler 03 February, 2019 14:42
Completely unrealistic but I'd love Ben Chilwell and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Sounds like City might be targeting them both though...

CazOnARola 03 February, 2019 18:05
Chillwel

mapleleafgooner 03 February, 2019 18:30
Quote:
CazOnARola
Chillwel

Chillwell was on Wenger's radar for a long time but for some reason, just could not make the deal happen.

MattySadler 03 February, 2019 18:46
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Quote:
CazOnARola
Chillwel

Chillwell was on Wenger's radar for a long time but for some reason, just could not make the deal happen.

I've got twitter evidence of myself touting Chilwell when he was a kid. Obviously hindsight is a beautiful thing but would've been great if we could've got some of them.

Joe Gomez was another as well.

MattySadler 04 February, 2019 14:16
John Cross has allegedly said that summer funds available will be more like £40 million than £100 million. Makes me wonder whether the full back areas will be priorities...

MattySadler 05 February, 2019 07:16
Reported last night that Emery wants three players, including a left back

Merlion96 06 February, 2019 00:05
Monreal will be with us for one more season.
Kolasinac is still here.

And when we play 3-5-2 with Holding-Kolasinac at left side, we were solid at left flank.

If we signed a 24-27 year old LB, it meant that Kolasinac will be left frustrated warming the bench.

I see us signing another budget 17-19 year old unknown LB and hope to develop him like Guendouzi and Torreira.

Otherwise, Matty, another LB in the youth rank ready to take a step up into senior squad?

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

litmus 06 February, 2019 16:16
I like Celtic's Tierney. Outstanding pace up and down the field and whips in great low crosses into the box with pace. He's a Celtic kid and it was reported that he snubbed a 10 mil bid from us to stay at Celtic in 2016. It would seem the only reason he would move is he decided one day that he wanted to move on to a bigger stage.

Another one I like is Phillip Max. Ausburg. Great pace and energy and likes to get on the ball. Great crosser. This guy will be one of the best. Seems Man U wants him.

I am not convinced with Chilwell, lacks the necessary pace and doesn't have good acceleration needed for a left back in the top league. He seems to be doing well at Leicester but he will be found out at a bigger club. Not a bad player for sure, but not as great as some make him out to be.

younghansolo 07 February, 2019 10:59
I'm almost certain we won't be signing anyone English. It's not in this regime's DNA.

MattySadler 09 February, 2019 14:15
Quote:
Merlion96
Otherwise, Matty, another LB in the youth rank ready to take a step up into senior squad?

We signed Joel Lopez from Barcelona in the summer. I haven't seen him myself yet but he is supposed to be highly rated.

We've been linked with Alex Grimaldo. I used to sign him year after year from Barcelona on the Football Manager games. His done really well in Portugal. I can't imagine him being in our price range though...

djarse 10 February, 2019 14:55
Ok I know he's not a full-back but allegedly we are linked with Gbamin:
[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

MattySadler 11 February, 2019 17:07
Quote:
MattySadler
We've been linked with Alex Grimaldo. I used to sign him year after year from Barcelona on the Football Manager games. His done really well in Portugal. I can't imagine him being in our price range though...

We had officials present at the Benfica game yesterday. They won 10-0 and Grimaldo opened the scoring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net