football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal plummet to 5th
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 17:36
With Chelsea winning 5-0 Arsenal dropped a place without playing
Tomorrow Man U have Fulham away and Arsenal are away at Man City so could be 6th by Sunday evening.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Arsenal plummet to 5th
djarse (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 17:41
I still think 6th is the most likely end of season position but if we are only a few points off 4th after 25 games, that's better than most of us probably thought when the season started......

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 21:19
Quote:
Padre Pio
Tomorrow Man U have Fulham away and Arsenal are away at Man City so could be 6th by Sunday evening.

Man Utd are actually playing Leicester away so won't be easy for them. Good chance of staying 5th and Chelsea having a tough fixture list coming up.

I really think if we improved our defence even just a little bit we'd have a real chance. All 3 teams are poor. Man Utd had a good run due to new manager but their defence is as bad as ours, they've actually conceeded more than us.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 23:09
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Padre Pio

Man Utd are actually playing Leicester away so won't be easy for them. Good chance of staying 5th and Chelsea having a tough fixture list coming up.

I really think if we improved our defence even just a little bit we'd have a real chance. All 3 teams are poor. Man Utd had a good run due to new manager but their defence is as bad as ours, they've actually conceeded more than us.

Oops you are right so a little ray of hope there

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 00:12
Hmmm... Newcastle beat Man City 2-1;

Arsenal beat Chelski 2-0;
Chelski beat Newcastle 5-0;

And based on Boston Law of Probability, Arsenal should beat Man City 7-1. grinning smiley

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 08:46
Well we only need 5-0 or 6-1 to get 4th place back

younghansolo (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 09:41
Not won away against a top six side in 20 games. That was city in 2015.

I'm not watching today, it will just make me angry and I don't need to start my working week like that.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 19:52
Well its 6th now

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 22:32
Haha well there's a big gap to 7th so it can only get better from here! (Sm13)

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 23:19
What with Wolves breathing down our necks

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 05:30
Oh well, back to Plan B - win Europa League Cup.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 08:11
Sixth.

But hippogunner rockets up to second in the Prediction League. ( I signed DeTimes as my DOF ).

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 09:12
DOF?
Im on same points but just like Arsenal have a lousy goal diff

hippogunner (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 13:55
DOF = doer of f^ck all, which is why I missed a few games but now I hope to predict the majority of the remaining fixtures as I've sacked De Times.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 16:48
Only 4 points behind Padre but with a fantastic -55 GD! (Sm6)

djarse (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:00
Arsenal up to 5th thanks to City!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:17
Yes I started a thread on it DJ ha ha

djarse (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 18:43
Beat me by 5 minutes - have off to you, friend !

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:41
Quote:
djarse
Beat me by 5 minutes - have off to you, friend !

Its good its a bit more lively on here these days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net