football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Emery's target is football's Super Bowl
Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 10:59
Arsenal's bosses want Unai Emery to take the club to the Champions League final to emulate the success of their NFL franchise and Super Bowl contenders, the LA Rams.

Josh Kroenke, club director and son of owner Stan Kroenke, has revealed plans for a "cross-pollination" between their two major sports ventures.

It will see Emery work with Sean McVay, who at 33 will become the youngest head coach in NFL history to lead a team into the United States' showpiece sporting event when he takes charge of the Rams on Sunday night.

The Kroenke family, who took sole control of Arsenal last year, believe Emery can be a "great teacher" for McVay, and that both can gain a lot from sharing philosophies.

"I think he and Sean are very comparable in the way they approach their craft on a daily basis," Josh Kroenke told The Telegraph.

"There is a lot of data they break down. They are very active on the practice pitch. Their styles are similar even though they are half a world apart.

"Unai's energy is contagious and his dedication is immense. They love what they do and they are leaders. The players want to run through a wall for them."

It is 17 years since the Rams last reached the Super Bowl, NFL's pinnacle, but the Kroenke family will find time to tune in for Arsenal's game against Premier League champions Manchester City on Sunday, live on Sky Sports.

"To see where Sean has taken us in a short amount of time gives us a lot of confidence," says Josh Kroenke. "The only thing on a par with the Super Bowl is Arsenal making the Champions League final.

"It is something we are very focused on.

"I have been telling my friends all week the Super Bowl is the biggest spectacle that we have here and the Champions League is something in Europe that we strive for and we look forward to being a part of in the future."

Sky Sports

Sounds promising if they are that ambitious. But surely if they want Emery to reach the champions league final, they would have invested more heavily to get back in top 4.

So i wont get my hopes up they only care about the NFL team.

Re: Emery's target is football's Super Bowl
SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 15:10
Let's see if they back it up with action in the summer

goonerred (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 15:20
Are we going to bypass the league then? Oh, and spend some bleep, bleep money then, starting now. Or better still, get rid of Kroenke!

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 15:31
Quote:
SuperRob
Let's see if they back it up with action in the summer

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
02 February, 2019 18:42
You cannot do well in the CL if you do not have a solid defence.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 00:16
Now, then, do you all want LA Rams to win SuperBowl?

So that Josh can concentrate on winning CL Cup to complete his set of glories?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 00:50
Kroenke should know better. He cannot compare European football with the NFL. In the NFL, the league forces parity across teams using tools like salary cap and draft picks. In European football, the wealthest clubs who invest in their teams are the ones who will win. Arsenal maybe a wealthy club but they have an owner who uses Arsenal's wealth as a means to build their success in the NFL and refuses to invest their own wealth into the club. Sean McVay is a recent phenomena in the NFL and it may not be a continuing trend. He is aided by very experienced coaches in defence, offence and special team so to pin the success of the Rams on him alone is disrespectful to his other coaches. He should know better than one cannot win the CL on the cheap these days. Maybe in the 70's.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 00:51
Quote:
Merlion96
Now, then, do you all want LA Rams to win SuperBowl?
So that Josh can concentrate on winning CL Cup to complete his set of glories?

I dislike the Patriots because of their cheating ways. I dislike the Rams because of their association with Silent Stan. So I will skip this year's NFL final.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 04:07
The most telling thing is he talked about everything except the investment in players that the RAMs have done recently. He's talking about stupid synergies between coaches of two totally different sports when emery may be feeling he is lacking enough time to even work with his own players let alone talk to a coach of a different sport.

Invest some @#$%& money in the players you @#$%&

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 04:11 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 February, 2019 04:11
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

They have used up most of their money this year going all out so to speak. Let's see what happens in the summer

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 05:29
Tom Brady 13 3 Tight-as-a-gnat-ass Wallet (Sm60)

Fun starts now with the dismantling of LA Rams with start players demanding huge contract and free agents leaving.(Sm44)

Meaning, doubt Silent Stan will give 2 hoots on what is happening in England as he needs to rebuild LA Rams for next season tog race his new stadium opening.

Oh well, perhaps Silent Stan will seriously looking to selling Arsenal Holdings to fully focus on LA Rams which will need massive cash injection now to rebuild into a SuperBowl winner or forever an also-ran like Arsenal FC 2010s.

Silent Stan desires what he gets … two perennial bridesmaids that will win f**kall.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net