Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Transfer Window.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 31 January, 2019 23:31
Transfer Window.
Boston Gooner 31 January, 2019 23:31
Crap.
Can't believe we didn't get at least one defender in even on loan.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Transfer Window.
goonerred 01 February, 2019 07:36
I hope we don't regret this next week.

Bergmars 01 February, 2019 10:30
What's the chance Sokratis injury is worse than anticipated and Kos gets crocked again.

Under new managment

goonerred 01 February, 2019 10:36
Quote:
Bergmars
What's the chance Sokratis injury is worse than anticipated and Kos gets crocked again.

I think Kos will get crocked again. I think he was brought back too soon because of injuries and he's not exactly a young man in footballing terms so he will take longer to heal.

Gooner Sod 01 February, 2019 14:07
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Bergmars

I think Kos will get crocked again. I think he was brought back too soon because of injuries and he's not exactly a young man in footballing terms so he will take longer to heal.

It was only a facial injury he suffered this time. He'll be fine.

goonerred 01 February, 2019 14:11
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Bergmars

It was only a facial injury he suffered this time. He'll be fine.
I don't mean his facial injury, I mean other creaks and groans that he has or might get.

younghansolo 01 February, 2019 14:13
Cahill would have been perfect

SuperRob 01 February, 2019 19:38
Quote:
younghansolo
Cahill would have been perfect

Cahill is well past it now. Works prefer we give Mavropanos a chance

MattySadler 02 February, 2019 08:11
Genuinely don't know why we didn't try and get Cedric from Southamton on loan. Would immediately be our best right back option.

Merlion96 03 February, 2019 00:27
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Crap.
Can't believe we didn't get at least one defender in even on loan.

Emery said his problem is trying to fit too many players into the team when they are all fit.

Not buying another defender meant that he is eyeing youths as replacement for nexts eason:

1 - Sokratis
2 - Koscielny
3 - Mustafi
4 - Holding
5 - Mavropanos
6 - Chambers
7 - Bielik
8 - Pleguezuelo
9 - Medley
10- Ballard

Now, come summer 2019, who do we shift out of Arsenal and who do we promote into 1st team?
How many senior and youth CB we will sell to accommodate one ot two new CB buys?

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

mapleleafgooner 03 February, 2019 00:40
Quote:
Merlion96
Emery said his problem is trying to fit too many players into the team when they are all fit.

I appreciate Emery being straight with fans. Instead of saying something like there are no players available that are better than what Arsenal has. I would have preferred him to bring in a good defender but if he can't for the reason he provided, I will support his decision.

Re: Transfer Window
CazOnARola 03 February, 2019 04:03
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Quote:
Merlion96

I appreciate Emery being straight with fans. Instead of saying something like there are no players available that are better than what Arsenal has. I would have preferred him to bring in a good defender but if he can't for the reason he provided, I will support his decision.
Im sorry but i said this on another thread as well. "where have we heard it before?". Wenger had said the same things before including how do i fit in everyone when pl are available during the ramsey injury. Then ramsey, ozil,wilshere etc all were gone, i think arteta as well and we had to get kallstrom. I'm sorry but not signing any defenders when you know the ones you have need to be shipped out is again sacrificing the short term for something supposedly long term line promoting youth etc.

I'm not blaming emery, i just mean that clearly money is a pbm for the owners and we will now miss out because of the lack of defenders for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 04:08 by CazOnARola.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net