football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Yannick Carrasco?
tigerline (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 11:51
Don’t know much about him.
For anyone who has seen him and can rate him, does he fill our need as a tricky winger?

Re: Yannick Carrasco?
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 13:49
Are we supposed to be in for him then?

I'd be happy if so. I saw him a few times playing in La Liga for Atletico Madrid and thought he looked pretty good.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 13:59
Apparently not settled in China.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

litmus (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 16:29
I think you guys have seen him. He scored a very nice goal against us when he was playing for Monaco in the UCL. Remember the one we lost at home that almost knocked us out? (luckily we then won at their ground to get thru to the quarters.

Watched him a bit at Atletico, I am really not sure about him. Good size, a bit tall but looks a bit gangly sometimes, not great dribbler, not very good at beating a man, but can be a threat in the final third. I guess he is a cheaper alternative to Pepe or Sarr in terms of transfer fees, but not salary wise as he is reportedly on insane wages in China (as is every non-Chinese player there).

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 16:50
If we are after China based players why not bring in Oscar as replacement of Ramsey instead of Denis Suarez, Oscar seems to be lighting up the Chinese league with 19 assists 12 goals n winning the league. Although he's among the top 4 wages in the world (Sm105)

MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 17:55
Good player but we haven't got a pot to p*ss in and he is going to be on astronomical wages.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 17:59
Quote:
litmus
I think you guys have seen him. He scored a very nice goal against us when he was playing for Monaco in the UCL. Remember the one we lost at home that almost knocked us out? (luckily we then won at their ground to get thru to the quarters.

We won at their place but went out on goal difference mate.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 18:23
Quote:
SandyB
If we are after China based players why not bring in Oscar as replacement of Ramsey instead of Denis Suarez, Oscar seems to be lighting up the Chinese league with 19 assists 12 goals n winning the league. Although he's among the top 4 wages in the world (Sm105)

Another Brazilian flop Pato looks good im that league. Says it all. Oscar is shite. I remember when people on here tried to tell me he's better than Courtinho lol!

Kalela (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 19:44
I wanted Carrasco at Arsenal before he moved to Atletico. He was somewhat underwhelming at Madrid though. I think he has enough quality that it would be a good signing but I really don't think it will happen.

Dream acquisitions:

CB: Issa Diop
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
Wing/Attack: Anton Rebic/Pepe

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 07:22
I believe Carrasco is on just over £9 million a year...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 07:39 by MattySadler.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 07:56
If we as is being put about cannot buy Suarez because of FFP how can we sign Carasco or anyone else for that matter.Apparently it's to do with the wage bill eg paying a player 330000 who only plays when he feels like it

Under new managment

litmus (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:31
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
litmus

We won at their place but went out on goal difference mate.

You are right mate. I got it mixed up. Thanks for clearing that up Matt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net