football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Denis Suarez
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 09:57
Is close to joining us.

He's a very good player. I'd be happy with him signing.

He's better than all our attacking midfielders apart from Ozil.

Re: Denis Suarez
goonerred (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 10:45
Why don't barca want him and why only 24 mil?

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 11:29
Reports I've seen suggest £14 million.

Lots of players don't quite make it at barca. That's doesn't mean they aren't good enough for us. Let's not forget we're a europa league team. If we had 16 players who were good enough to be on Barcelona's bench then we'd get back into the champions league which is the aim for the next couple of years.

And if we're honest, that is the best way of building. Yoi need the foundations before you start going for the superstars. There's no point in us spending 80 million on dembele if the rest of our squad is filled with substandard players. At this point it would be better for us to spend 80 million on four £20m players.

I don't know much about suarez but if its true then I'm happy with the type of signing. A young player who had enough potential for barca to buy him even if it didn't quite work out for him there. Much happier with that type of player than someone like banega, who is probably more proven, but is a short term solution who will have no resale value.

goonerred (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 12:06
I'm not saying I don't want him, I don't know anything about him except that he's clearly not good enough for Barca. Just wondering why and why they're not trying to get top dollar for him. I know paying a lot of money for a player doesn't mean they're worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 13:36 by goonerred.

Kalela (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 13:08
There was always a lot of hype surrounding Denis Suarez but never understood. Watched him quite a few times (at Man City as a youth player, at youth level for Spain NT and in Spain at Villareal) and I was never once impressed by him. I hope he proves me wrong if he joins Arsenal.

Dream acquisitions:

CB: Issa Diop
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
Wing/Attack: Anton Rebic/Pepe

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 17:03
He s barca s iwobi. Of course that still means he's better than iwobi in decisin making and 10 passes and possibly shooting. He's quick over 2 yards but over a larger distance not really rapid. A punt that could work, have to rely on mislintat and co. Judgement in this one.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 14:20
Suarez is brought in as a long term replacement for Ozil. I think it has become increasingly evident to Emery thst Iwobi is too imconsistent to be Ozil's heir apparent. And that there is no one in the reserve team with the potential to do so either. There is no denying Ozil's talent - it is just that he is not suitable to Emery's plan.

SandyB (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 18:43
Don’t need him, should try for Malcom on loan for 2 seasons.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
06 January, 2019 21:11
Have you watched Arsenal Sandy? We've got no creativity without Ozil, we do need him.. Suarez is better than Malcom anyway.

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 22:31
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Have you watched Arsenal Sandy? We've got no creativity without Ozil, we do need him.. Suarez is better than Malcom anyway.

Yep, Suarez is better but Denis Suarez is pants.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 23:32
I doubt very much we will sign him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 11:13
Sounds like he wants to join us.

We want to sign him on loan with an option to buy, given our financial situation, but Barcelona either want him to go permanently or on loan with an obligation to buy.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 13:36
Rumour Ramsey could go this window for 18 mill

Under new managment

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
11 January, 2019 14:15
He won a penalty last night after a mazy run.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 21:42
We've ended negotiations with Barcelona as they apparently are adamant about it being a loan with an obligation to buy.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 21:57
Great we better f ucking have a back up plan. Who am I kidding there's no plan at our club ffs!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 11:57
Think it's the right call though we don't want to get locked into a deal to spend £20 million on someone who may not be any good in the Premier League.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 12:46
Quote:
MattySadler
Think it's the right call though we don't want to get locked into a deal to spend £20 million on someone who may not be any good in the Premier League.

Agree with this. He looks pretty average tbh.

djarse (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 13:44
Keep seeing article saying we are in for James Rodriguez - seems a worry as he is a bit too much like Ozil for my liking

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 14:49
^ Yeah I don't get that either. One luxury player doesn't fit in with our style of play so we'll get another.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 12:21
Looks like Suarez is now joining on loan with an "option" to buy in the summer.

On a side note it makes me laugh on how all these Arsenal fans on twitter are experts on loan agreements.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 14:08
'An option to buy" is just a fail-safe in case Suarez can't settle well in England.

Plus Barca is savvy enough to force Suarez to sign a year extension to salvage some transfer fee in case Suarez can't make it and return to Barca.

It is similar to what we did to our youngsters that they needed to sign a contract extension before they are allowed to loan out.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 15:22
I hope Suarez plays in the CM in a 3. We've badly needed someone who can pass forward in the middle and can carry the ball forward.

Hopefully we get a winger too.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 15:42
So no defenders coming in. All a bit a pointless if we keep leaking goals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2019 19:06 by Gooner Sod.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 16:27
If he's good, we sign him. If he's sh*t, he goes back to Barca.

I like that way of working.

He has also signed a new Barca contract to protect his value. That's a good way of working, could have stopped us losing a player like Gnabry, or at least losing him for so little...

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 17:25
Quote:
Gooner Sod
So no defenders coming in. All a bit a pointless if we keep leaving goals.

Controling the game will help us to stop leaking goals!

tigerline (IP Logged)
29 January, 2019 18:07
Doesn't this mean that Ramsey could be off soon?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net