football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Youngsters to be involved against Blackpool?
MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 19:10
Emery has implied in his pre-match interview that Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith-Rowe, Joe Willock and Eddie Nketiah could all feature against Blackpool tomorrow.

Zach Medley and Dominic Thompson (left back) also trained with the first team.

Nacho Monreal was back in training. Konstantinos Mavropanos has been back in training this week, but after 5 months out you'd think tomorrow would be too soon for him.

Re: Youngsters to be involved against Blackpool?
goonerred (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 19:57
I don't mind who he plays as long as he has back up on the bench. I can still get angry by the way we 'defended' our FA cup last season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 10:47 by goonerred.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 23:53
Emery said he always field his "best" team to win and respect all cup competitions.
Doubt it will be too full of youngsters to weaken the team too much.

He will field those players that needed games:

…………………………. Cech

… ... Lichstiener … Koscielny … Medley

... Jenkinson ... Elneny ... Willock ... Monreal

... ... Smith-Rowe ... Nketiah ... Saka

Medley will give us height for all those crosses and lobs and during dead-ball situation.

Jenkinson will be the protecting Lichstiener and right flank.
Similarly, Monreal will protect left flank and guide a raw Medley.
Good for Medley to have a game in first team.

Willock, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah and Saka have played together for years in the youth rank and should have a better understanding with each other and able to carve out goal-scoring chances.

Mavropanos?
Too soon for him but perhaps last 10 minutes of the game.

Monreal?

Let him have a run out and then Kolasinac comes in during 2nd half.

Thompson?

DUnno which one.
But have that highly rated Thompson - a left back - sign a new contract yet?

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 January, 2019 23:56
On the other hand, should Lacazette and Ramsey start,

…………………………. Cech

… ... Lichsteiner … Koscielny … Medley

... SMith-Rowe ... Ramsey ... Willock ... Monreal

... ... Lacazette ... Nketiah ... Saka

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 08:31
Quote:
Merlion96
Thompson?
DUnno which one.
But have that highly rated Thompson - a left back - sign a new contract yet?

Think you might be getting Dominic Thompson and Vontae Daley-Campbell mixed up?

Thompson is a young left back and has trained with the first team quite a bit this season while we've been short of defenders. He's never struck me as being anything special personally but Emery obviously rates him enough to have him in training. I wasn't aware of any contract issues?

On the other hand, Daley-Campbell has really impressed me the few times I've seen him. He's a physically strong, swashbuckling, combative right back and really highly rated by the club. Unfortunately his contract is up at the end of the season and it is rumoured teams from overseas are looking at him. This is the alleged reason for his lack of appearances at U23 level, despite U23 first choice Jordi Osei-guru missing a lot of this season out injured. Will be a big shame to lose him.

I really hope we see Zech Medley start this evening. He's highly rated by the club and I think this is just such a good chance to see what level he is currently at. I'd like to see him given the full 90 in a relatively experienced defence.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 12:43
I say play the strongest team. The next game is 1 week away so more than enough time to recover.

goonerred (IP Logged)
05 January, 2019 16:34
I good team and back up on the bench if needs be. I like it. I can't post the team though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net