football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Tonight's matches
goonerred (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 18:27
Come on Newcastle, we want to stay well ahead of United. Come on Southampton, we need to try and catch Chelsea. I doubt if either Chelsea or United will lose, could they please at least draw?

Re: Tonight's matches
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 21:59
Newcastle 0-2 ManU
Chelski 0-0 Saints

A dog fight for 4th spot with 6 points separating Chelski, Arsenal and ManU.

Now, if Liverpool should beat Man City and Tiny Totts should start losing/drawing ... grinning smiley

Guess February will be the "make-or-break" month right to Easter Weekend for all teams fighting for title and Top-4.

Chelski and us have an alternative route by winning the Europa League Cup.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

goonerred (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 22:15
Ah well, at least Chelsea dropped 2 points. When are United going to start losing?

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 22:47
Quote:
goonerred
Ah well, at least Chelsea dropped 2 points. When are United going to start losing?

They play Spurs at Wembley next. They will likely lose then.

They had very favorable festive fixtures plus obviously the confidence of a new guy in charge. If they lose to Spurs, i don't see them making top4

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 23:25
Having watched man utd today I'm not sure they are going to be able to maintain it. The downside of playing such attacking football is that they are wide open at the back. Newcastle has several excellent chances but lacked quality to score even though they only had about 30% possession. Better teams will punish them if they give them that much space.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 00:36
Utd have better player than us and Chelaea so it wouldn't surprise me to see them finiah 4th.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 09:03
Decided to watch the Wolves match, being my local team and all. What a load of rubbish.

Having seen him plenty of times over the last two seasons, I can safely say if we do want to spend good money on a home grown right back then I'd be fully supportive of us signing Wan-Bissaka. Great player.

Also, Zaha would be great as well but I really wish he'd stop all the theatrics. In the first half he put the ball through a defenders legs but was then shepherded off the ball, and threw himself to the floor like he'd been shot. Embarrassing stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net