Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Seriously, which plyers would you keep?
Discussion started by goonerred , 29 December, 2018 19:48
Seriously, which plyers would you keep?
goonerred 29 December, 2018 19:48
I would keep Lacazette, Aubamuyang, Toreirra, Sokratis for now, Bellerin for now, Guekendouzi and Leno for now, the rest can do one.Oh, we have to keep Ozil nobody will pay his salary, he gets paid for naff all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2018 19:49 by goonerred.

Re: Seriously, which plyers would you keep?
CazOnARola 29 December, 2018 19:52
Quote:
goonerred
I would keep Lacazette, Aubamuyang, Toreirra, Sokratis for now, Bellerin for now, Guekendouzi and Leno for now, the rest can do one.Oh, we have to keep Ozil nobody will pay his salary, he gets paid for naff all.
Yep that it. Can add iwobi to the first team squad as a home grown player along side AMN.

The others need to be sold and replaced

Bergmars 29 December, 2018 19:54
Cant see Lacazette staying

Under new managment

goonerred 29 December, 2018 20:00
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
goonerred
Yep that it. Can add iwobi to the first team squad as a home grown player along side AMN.

The others need to be sold and replaced
I'm not impressed with either Iwobie or AMN

goonerred 29 December, 2018 20:01
Quote:
Bergmars
Cant see Lacazette staying
Maybe not, but I'd still want to keep him.

MattySadler 29 December, 2018 20:35
Not many that's for sure.

Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Mavropanos, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Iwobi, Aubameyang and Lacazette, and even then most of those wouldn't even be starters.

----------------Leno

Bellerin--Sokratis--New signing--New signing

-------------Xhaka--Torreira

New signing--New signing--New signing

--------------Aubameyang

Means we'd need to bring in at least 13 players, though will end up being more. I'd also look to phase Sokratis out as soon as a good enough player is identified - you aren't winning sh*t with old defenders in the current footballing climate.

Pressing needs for the first XI: Centre backs need to fit the mould of the current best CBs in the world: Tall, athletic and good on the ball (Mavropanos but better). Left back needs to be athletic and strong defensively and offensively. Can replace Xhaka if we find somebody better in our budget, but the Xhaka-Torreira midfield looked good until they got broken up so it doesn't need to be a priority until other areas are sorted. Wide players need to be fast, skillful, with high levels of productivity. Obviously we will need to replace Ozil as well. It may be difficult finding a player with Ozil's playmaking quality but it certainly won't be hard to find a player with a better attitude.

Obviously we aren't going to bring in 13 players in one or two transfer windows. It will take time and patience (look at Liverpool, for example).

We're going to have a lot more evenings like today along the way.

Bergmars 29 December, 2018 20:51
Agree Matty

Under new managment

Kalela 29 December, 2018 20:57
Only decent players on this team are Aubamayang, Lacazette, Torreira, Monreal and Sokratis. I am undecided on Bellerin. He has some good games and some really bad ones. I would keep Holding, Mavrapanos, and Guendouzi because they are young and can possibly improve. I guess the same thing can be said about AMN, Iwobi and Bellerin as well. Also I would give Leno another season and hopefully with a better defense he won't be as bad as he has been lately.

Gunnersingh1 29 December, 2018 21:01
Quote:
Kalela
Only decent players on this team are Aubamayang, Lacazette, Torreira, Monreal and Sokratis. I am undecided on Bellerin. He has some good games and some really bad ones. I would keep Holding, Mavrapanos, and Guendouzi because they are young and can possibly improve. I guess the same thing can be said about AMN, Iwobi and Bellerin as well. Also I would give Leno another season and hopefully with a better defense he won't be as bad as he has been lately.

Agree with all of that but Leno. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter.

SuperRob 29 December, 2018 22:24
There seems to be a lack of what I would call "2nd tier" goalkeepers around. You have De Gea, Courtois, Oblack, Ederson, Allison, Neuer, Subasic, Kepa and Ter steigen who are obviously all our of our reach. Then the drop in quality to the next level of keepers is really huge.

Seems like the next tier would be players like Pickford, Navas, Fahrmann, Szczesny and Leno who are all pretty average. And I can't think of anyone in between.

Willy 29 December, 2018 23:39
Maybe we could take that Cardiff goalie?

Kalela 30 December, 2018 00:18
I don't know about the other keepers listed but Kepa sucks and allows in a lot of soft goals. He is also a lot shorter than his listed height. Chelsea is just better organized defensively compared to Arsenal.

Merlion96 30 December, 2018 01:06
Players I will keep for next season:

#1 - Leno - good backup
#2 - Bellerin - a gem which we can sell to Barca for 80-mil in 2020.
#3 - Sokratis
#4 - Holding
#5 - Mavropanos
#6 - Kolasinac - a superb wingback wiht Holding playing behind him.
#7 - Torreira - a gem which we can sell to Real or Barca for 80-mil in 2020.
#8 - Ozil - get real guys. Nobody can afford his 350,000 pw salary and he loves London.
#9 - Iwobi
#10- Aubameyang
#11- Lacazette - sell him, Bad body language and will not fit into Uani Emery's team.

Lichsteiner, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Xhaka, Ramsey, Maitland-Niles - get rid of them.

Shane 30 December, 2018 13:52
Nobody's going to spend £80 million on Bellerin mate. I honestly think Eboue was a better right-back for Arsenal.

goonerred 30 December, 2018 14:13
Quote:
Shane
Nobody's going to spend £80 million on Bellerin mate. I honestly think Eboue was a better right-back for Arsenal.
I agree, Bellerin had such potential, but he seems to have lost the plot for the most part. We seem to be exposed down that right- hand side in defence at times and he doesn't seem to have the same pace going forward.

CazOnARola 30 December, 2018 14:26
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Shane
I agree, Bellerin had such potential, but he seems to have lost the plot for the most part. We seem to be exposed down that right- hand side in defence at times and he doesn't seem to have the same pace going forward.
He has lost pace both sides of the pitch. Maybe he always had issues with awareness but used to make it up using his recovery ace which is certainly not at the level that was there at his peak and hence his struggles.

Also he hasnt been the same aince he was moved to a wing back in a back 5 (when we moved to 3 at the back) in the second half of the season ending 2017. It also coincides with the barca rumours but hasnt been tje same player ever since.

Shane 30 December, 2018 14:42
I'm not sure he was ever that good if I'm honest. Was he ever brilliant or was he just brilliant for his age? There's a difference.

It's not hard for a young player's stock to rise these days. It's incredibly simple in fact, and that's because they're judged by different standards I think. Their strengths will be exaggerated and their weaknesses minimised.

CazOnARola 30 December, 2018 15:17
[quote Shane]I'm not sure he was ever that good if I'm honest. Was he ever brilliant or was he just brilliant for his age? There's a difference.

It's not hard for a young player's stock to rise these days. It's incredibly simple in fact, and that's because they're judged by different standards I think. Their strengths will be exaggerated and their weaknesses minimised.[/quote
]
Agreed ppl will always look at potential and it clouds the overall judgment. Bit like guendouzi.

But i remember when we were on a good run under wenger, i used to think how crucial monreal and Bellerin were, as they were directly responsible for posting the first good out ball and then joining in the attack and also remember both clearing balls off the line.
There was a time when walcott and bellerin were linking up very well, i think before theo s ACL injury.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2018 15:19 by CazOnARola.

mapleleafgooner 30 December, 2018 17:20
Need major upgrades at right and left backs. Bellerin has regressed since he decided he wants to be a fashion model. Monreal is getting on age and starting to get injured. frequently. Need an experienced CB who can organise the defence and deal with crosses. Cahill fits the bill for the short term. May not be as fast as before so if he is partnered with someone speedy, we should be fine. Need someone better than Xhaka to complement Torriera in midfield. Xhaka can't tackle and is too slow on the ball. Need an attacker who is fast and tricky on the ball. Able to deliver accurate crosses. Iwobi is still too inconsistent and full of poor on field decision making. He can still be a very good prospect.

SA-Gunner 30 December, 2018 18:28
Leno: Not good enough, but this is his first season. Maybe he can improve with a better defense, so keep him one more season.

Bellerin: Still young, another reason.

Mustafi: Not a starter, but can be kept.

Sokratis

Maitland-Niles: Young

Torreira

Xhaka: I think he has improved this season. Wouldn't be a starter

Aubameyang: Proven goal score

Lacazette

The rest can leave

CazOnARola 31 December, 2018 19:39
Iwobi is home grown and a good squad player to play in the cups. We don't have many home grown players left. Ramsey will be another British player who leaves.

We will probably have to keep Nelson here next season to meet the quotas.

MattySadler 01 January, 2019 11:38
Quote:
CazOnARola
Iwobi is home grown and a good squad player to play in the cups. We don't have many home grown players left. Ramsey will be another British player who leaves.
We will probably have to keep Nelson here next season to meet the quotas.

Home grown quota could prove an issue as we've lost a lot of senior home grown players in recent windows.

That's part of the reason I would like to see us buy British/ home grown if possible, but unfortunately they are expensive.

Max Aarons, Ben Chilwell, Harry Maguire and Ezri Konsa would pretty much cover the full back and centre back positions, but you're looking at at least £100 million for the Leicester two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 17:23 by MattySadler.

MattySadler 04 February, 2019 14:11
Throwback to this thread, the size of the task that is ahead of us.

We have so many areas that need strengthening and players that need moving on.

This isn't Football Manager or FIFA. Such a high turnover of players in a short space of time just isn't realistic.

We'll definitely lose Cech, Lichtsteiner, Ramsey and Welbeck this summer. If we could lose a couple more as well, like Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan, etc, that would be a good starting point.

goonerred 04 February, 2019 14:34
Quote:
MattySadler

This isn't Football Manager or FIFA. Such a high turnover of players in a short space of time just isn't realistic.

We'll definitely lose Cech, Lichtsteiner, Ramsey and Welbeck this summer. If we could lose a couple more as well, like Jenkinson, Elneny, Mkhitaryan, etc, that would be a good starting point.

What length of contract did we give Mkhitaryan? No player will go anywhere if they are on too high a salary that they won't get anywhere else, we're stuck with them. Sometimes I think somebody in the club set us up for this fiasco of our highly payed players.

MattySadler 04 February, 2019 14:44
Quote:
goonerred
What length of contract did we give Mkhitaryan? No player will go anywhere if they are on too high a salary that they won't get anywhere else, we're stuck with them. Sometimes I think somebody in the club set us up for this fiasco of our highly payed players.

He'll have another two seasons to run after this one.

I'm certain the Ozil contract extension and moves for Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan were part of a failed last ditch attempt to finish top four last season.

goonerred 04 February, 2019 14:59
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
goonerred

He'll have another two seasons to run after this one.

I'm certain the Ozil contract extension and moves for Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan were part of a failed last ditch attempt to finish top four last season.

I think there was lot of saving face with Ozil because one of our star players was leaving and we didn't want another to as well. I don't have a problem with us signing Abu, it's giving Xhaka, Jenkinson and the like a new contract when we could have got rid of them. Mkhitaryan made sense in the fact that at least we had another player to make up the money as Sanchez would just have been gone on a free too.

MattySadler 04 February, 2019 15:38
Quote:
goonerred
I think there was lot of saving face with Ozil because one of our star players was leaving and we didn't want another to as well. I don't have a problem with us signing Abu, it's giving Xhaka, Jenkinson and the like a new contract when we could have got rid of them. Mkhitaryan made sense in the fact that at least we had another player to make up the money as Sanchez would just have been gone on a free too.

Yeah I agree we wanted to keep at least one of Ozil and Alexis so we still looked big time. It was a mistake in hindsight.

I have no problem with Aubameyang either. I've always been a big fan.

Mkhitaryan I erred on the side of caution with just because he had that one real amazing season and hadn't done anything since. I think he's been a real mixed bag for us.

The big problem, though, was having around £750k per week wages tied up in 3 players in their late 20s/ early 30s with little to no resale value.

goonerred 04 February, 2019 16:19
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
goonerred

Yeah I agree we wanted to keep at least one of Ozil and Alexis so we still looked big time. It was a mistake in hindsight.

I have no problem with Aubameyang either. I've always been a big fan.

Mkhitaryan I erred on the side of caution with just because he had that one real amazing season and hadn't done anything since. I think he's been a real mixed bag for us.

The big problem, though, was having around £750k per week wages tied up in 3 players in their late 20s/ early 30s with little to no resale value.

This is particularly ironic when we had the policy of only giving 30 year-olds a one year contract extension renewable every year thereafter for years under Wenger, the likes of Pires and Bergkamp included in that.

Merlion96 04 February, 2019 16:52
Quote:
MattySadler

Don't be too downhearted.
Leicester City barely avoided relegation and was favorite candidate for relegation in the next season.

Bought only 2 players in Kante and Mahrez which our dumbfcuk of a manager was clueless about their ability and deemed had "wacthed" Kante and decided not to buy.

Perhaps, Emery can do a "Leicester City" next season.

MattySadler 04 February, 2019 16:54
I'm not downhearted pal!

Merlion96 04 February, 2019 16:59
Good for you.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

MattySadler 06 May, 2019 07:26
Cech, Ramsey and Welbeck leaving confirmed. Presumably Ospina, Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson will be off as well.

Need to try sell/ move on Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Mkhitaryan and Ozil as well if we can. I'd be inclined to accept far lower transfer fees for that lot as well if it means getting them off the wage bill, particularly Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan and Ozil.

With Chambers I'd happily sell him if we get a good offer but otherwise given his versatility and home grown status he could be useful. Similarly I don't think we can rule out selling any of our players anymore, if a good enough offer comes in.

* Forgot Bielik, who, like Chambers, could be well worth a look at given his versatility and form this season. He has been brilliant but unfortunately has been playing at too low a standard, so it is difficult for us to gauge where he is.

This leaves us with Leno, Martinez, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Koscielny, Holding, Mavropanos, Monreal, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Iwobi, Aubameyang and Lacazette, plus possibly Chambers (* and Bielik). Given our lack of money, plus our lack of wingers, Nelson, Amaechi and Saka will probably have to be promoted to "in-and-around the first team", plus possibly Smith-Rowe as well if we don't loan him out.

You can make a strong case for us needing to sign players in every position at the moment, but the priorities have to be a starting centre back, a better left back, a starting centre midfielder and at least one first team winger.

If we do all of this, then that still leaves us with a relatively small "first team squad" of around 20/ 21, plus the youth players, although there is no guarantee we'll be able to move on all of the players I named who are still under contract, so we may need to leave ourselves room to manoeuvre there.

With Bellerin out there is also a really strong case for a right back, but given our limited finances and the fact nobody serious will want to come in and eventually be second choice to Bellerin, we may find ourselves having to use Maitland-Niles/ Chambers/ a youth player as cover in the meantime, unless of course we can bring someone in on loan.

Lots of work to be done and it'll be a lot harder without Champions League football.

My personal strategy from the beginning has always been one of lowering the average age of the squad and wage bill overall with young, hungry, exciting signings and promoted youth players, but I fear the Emery/ Sanllehi strategy will be very different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 07:47 by MattySadler.

Merlion96 06 May, 2019 16:37
Homegrown:
1 - goalie - Martinez?
2 - Bellerin
3 - AMN
4 - Holding
5 - Iwobi
6 - Willock
7 - Nketiah
8 - ?
9 - ?
10- ?
11- ?
12- ?

13- Leno
14- Sokratis
15- Koscielny
16- Mustafi
17- Kolasinac
18- Xhaka
19- Guendouzi
20- Torreira
21- Ozil
22- Aubameyang
23- Lacazette
24- Mkhitaryan
25- Elneny

Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Amaechi are all Under-21 players.

Ozil will not move as he loves London and will see out his contract in 2 years' time.
Mkhitaryan will not move as nobody is willing to pay his obscene salary.
Similarly, Mustafi will not move as nobody will pay his salary.

The question is how many foreign players we can shift in summer?

And we are really short of homegrown players and emery will need to fill up his 12 no. homegrown spots before he will think of buying foreign players.

Emery will need to sell Elneny, Monreal and perhaps Koscielny to free up spots to buy new foreign players.

Mustafi?
Mkhitaryan?
Xhaka?
Ozil?

I cannot see these 4 players leaving as it will mean a drastic salary cut to play elsewhere.
Just look at Jenkinson who refused to move simply that no football club is willing to matvh his Arsenal salary.

If we are stuk with Wenger leftovers and does not have suficient transfer funds, Emery remaining option is to promote the likes of Saka, Nelson, Amaechi, Bielik and SMith-Rowe to join Willock and Nketiah in senior squad.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

MattySadler 07 May, 2019 15:10
Rumours today that we've decided against using the 1 year extension clause in Lichtsteiner's contract, that we're going to encourage offers for Mustafi, Mkhitaryan and Ozil, and that we're transfer listing Jenkinson and Elneny as well.

Add Kolasinac to that list and we might be getting somewhere.

tigerline 07 May, 2019 15:46
Matty, in your opinion, which of our younger players could contribute next season to provide some energy and depth? Of course, that approach would limit loan opportunities that would otherwise be beneficial.

Willock?
Reiss-Nelson?
Smith-Rowe?

And, looking down the road, do you see anyone in those ranks that you could project as a starter sometime soon?

With our paltry financial outlay looking likely, it seems that we will have to lean on youth more than we have in the past. How good are they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2019 15:56 by tigerline.

goonerred 07 May, 2019 17:29
Quote:
MattySadler
Rumours today that we've decided against using the 1 year extension clause in Lichtsteiner's contract, that we're going to encourage offers for Mustafi, Mkhitaryan and Ozil, and that we're transfer listing Jenkinson and Elneny as well.
Well that's a start. Ijust can't see Ozil leaving until his contract expires, unless we seel him on a free and someone can pick up those eages.

CazOnARola 07 May, 2019 18:32
Tiger, none of our youth players can pass. The setup is rotten down to the core. They all look good on paper but are not good enough even compared to the fatty wilshere of the past two seasons.

Look at iwobi, AMN, and good they keep giving the ball away. It's much the same

kudzif01 07 May, 2019 18:58
Lacazette,Leno, Aubamuyang, Toreirra, Sokratis,Holding ,and Bellerin but if we get a good price sell him, and that's it.

SuperRob 07 May, 2019 20:26
Quote:
MattySadler

That's encouraging. I hope you're right.

MattySadler 07 May, 2019 21:48
Quote:
tigerline
Matty, in your opinion, which of our younger players could contribute next season to provide some energy and depth? Of course, that approach would limit loan opportunities that would otherwise be beneficial.
Willock?
Reiss-Nelson?
Smith-Rowe?

And, looking down the road, do you see anyone in those ranks that you could project as a starter sometime soon?

With our paltry financial outlay looking likely, it seems that we will have to lean on youth more than we have in the past. How good are they?

Nelson played a fair bit for us this season and will have benefited from this season's mixed loan spell, so I think he'll be a part of the squad next season. Smith-Rowe looked decent for us earlier in the season and could play a similar role, though he could go out on loan again depending on what league we're in.

Saka looked decent for us earlier in the season and although he was injured around that time, Amaechi is in an identical position to him. Both have been brilliant for our U23s. Think both will be given more of a chance next season, especially if we're in the Europa League again.

I think Willock will be feeling pretty frustrated. He has looked twice the player this season and has deserved more of an opportunity. Drives me mad thinking of all the minutes Elneny has been given this season, or the times he has been named in a match day squad. We could see Willock playing a bit-part role again this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put in a transfer request or asked to go out on loan.

We could see Nketiah playing a similar role to the one he has played the last two seasons, but honestly he is another crying out for regular first team football. If he does go out on loan, John-Jules and Balogun are well placed to play a similar role to the one he has.

If we are in the Europa League again I'd like to see Ballard given a chance. He has been in excellent form this season and I think he is a better "defender" than Medley. However, Medley is left-sided, better on the ball and more impressive physically, which I think will probably give him the edge.

As we've suffered defensive injuries at various points this season, we could've seen more of Osei-Tutu already, had he not been injured himself. We could see more of him next season with Bellerin injured but he said recently he'd like to go out on loan. I wish Daley-Campbell could be given a chance but I think he'll leave this season.

Okonkwo could be our third choice keeper if we don't bring anyone else in.

That's basically it at the moment. No LBs or other CMs to speak of really. Obviously we have some great talents in younger age groups but I wouldn't think any of them are ready yet.

Shane 07 May, 2019 22:53
Quote:
kudzif01
Lacazette,Leno, Aubamuyang, Toreirra, Sokratis,Holding ,and Bellerin but if we get a good price sell him, and that's it.

I'd add Monreal and Koscielny to this. No doubt.

Maybe Guendouzi too. I don't think he's all that right now, but certainly an asset in a football and business sense.

goonerred 08 May, 2019 07:12
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
kudzif01

I'd add Monreal and Koscielny to this. No doubt.

Maybe Guendouzi too. I don't think he's all that right now, but certainly an asset in a football and business sense.
Kos and Monreal aren't going to go on forever, I think they need to player fewer games so we need replacements for them.

MattySadler 08 May, 2019 07:26
Fine with both of them as squad players but Monreal hasn't been great this season and both have had their injury problems. Absolutely need to invest in both positions though.

CazOnARola 08 May, 2019 08:06
With a 40mn budget and 9/12 players needed, it kinda impossible. Which is why ppl aren't willing to join us upstairs.

MattySadler 08 May, 2019 08:20
Quote:
CazOnARola
With a 40mn budget and 9/12 players needed, it kinda impossible. Which is why ppl aren't willing to join us upstairs.

Unfortunately yes. Makes our strategy so important.

Padre Pio 08 May, 2019 09:30
Unless you can adopt a successful Ajaz strategy.
Wenger sort of tried that after moving to Emirates but it flopped

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola 08 May, 2019 09:51
i dunno if we should all just stop going to the games, boycott arsenal? How do we get rid of Stansad smiley

CazOnARola 08 May, 2019 09:56
Quote:
Padre Pio
Padre the biggest reason that failed and wenger with it is the rotten scoring network. I liked most of our mid level signings under mislintat. I had heard that our scouting will also be overhauled. All the young players we sign, in recent years it has been a lot worse.

At least in case of wilshere, gibbs, ramsey, song, adebayor, rvp, cesc, coquelin we got something out of them.

Recently our youth teams have been horrible. They can't make five hard passes consistently

Shane 08 May, 2019 11:43
Quote:
Padre Pio

As a business model and as a football project it was anything but a flop mate.

We reached the semi-final of the Champions League with a squad that cost £62 million. Ajax have reached the semi-final with a squad that cost £82 million.

Obviously it was a decade ago so I'm not saying 'Arsenal have achieved the same as Ajax (so far) whilst spending £20 million less' or something silly, because £62 million was more then than it is now, but I think it's obvious enough that both teams over-achieved in a serious way relative to their financial muscle at the time and therefore one project can't be labelled a flop.

In my view there's a bunch of things about the Wenger era, specifically in the four or five years after leaving Higbury, which are criminally overlooked or ignored. He honestly did some phenomenal work.

MattySadler 09 May, 2019 07:56
Quote:
Shane
In my view there's a bunch of things about the Wenger era, specifically in the four or five years after leaving Higbury, which are criminally overlooked or ignored. He honestly did some phenomenal work.

Quite possibly, but unfortunately his really poor last three or four years prevent me from being able to appreciate that.

goonerred 09 May, 2019 08:34
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Shane

Quite possibly, but unfortunately his really poor last three or four years prevent me from being able to appreciate that.

Bergmars 09 May, 2019 08:52
In answer to the question I have 14
Leno
Martinez
Bellerin
Sokratis
Kos a squad member
Monreal AASM
Toreira
Kolasinac AASM
AMN not as a full back
Lacazette
Holding
Guendozi
And reluctant Iwobi cant make my mind up about him.

Under new managment

djarse 09 May, 2019 11:17
Agree with Bergmars' 14 but would add Mavropanos, Xhaka and Nketiah

Am assuming too that Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock will join the first team squad

Of course we need to bring in another Central Defender, a new Left Back, a Creative Midfielder, and a Winger

AJ The Gunner 09 May, 2019 12:11
At this point, I don't really care who comes or who goes as I simply don't trust Emery nor do I understand what he is up to.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Bergmars 09 May, 2019 12:35
Quote:
djarse
Agree with Bergmars' 14 but would add Mavropanos, Xhaka and Nketiah
Am assuming too that Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Willock will join the first team squad

Of course we need to bring in another Central Defender, a new Left Back, a Creative Midfielder, and a Winger
I didnt include any younger players not much knowledge of them

Under new managment

MattySadler 10 May, 2019 18:32
Charlie Gilmour has tweeted that he is leaving the club.

CazOnARola 12 May, 2019 04:12
Bellerin is done. We need a replacement and AMN as back up. He has also gained weight in the hip area in the last 2 seasons ala jack wilshere and has lost his recovery pace already. After this injury, he is pretty much done as a top 6 epl team footballer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2019 13:18 by CazOnARola.

Flava 12 May, 2019 08:56
Leno
Martinez
Bellerin
AMN
Sokratis
Holding
Guendouzi
Torreira
Iwobi
Lacazette
Aubameyang

F.ucking hell, that’s a lot to do

Padre Pio 12 May, 2019 09:36
Should we bring Smith Rowe and Chambers back?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

djarse 12 May, 2019 11:56
I see Smith-Rowe came on as a late sub for Leipzig against Bayern yesterday. He seems to have been injured for most of the time he was there. Would be interesting to know what the reports are on him and Nelson during their German loans.

mapleleafgooner 12 May, 2019 17:35
This is my team for next season:

1) Leno
2) Sokratis
3) Koscielny
4) Holding (homegrown)
5) Monreal
6) Kolasinac
7) Torreira
8) Maitland-Niles (homegrown)
9) Guendouzi
10) Lacazette
11) Aubameyang
12) Iwobi (homegrown)
13) Chambers (homegrown)
14) Willock (homegrown)
15) Nketiah (homegrown)
16) Martinez (homegrown)
17) Macey (homegrown)
18) Bielek (homegrown)
19) Nelson (homegrown)
20) Smith-Rowe (homegrown)
21) A top class CB
22) A top class RB
23) A top class LB
24) A top class CM
25) A top class AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net