football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

January transfer Window - All I want is a dribbler
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
20 December, 2018 13:52
Fergie Fledglings is a complete team with:
#1 - A crosser - David Beckham
#2 - A dribbler - Ryan Gibbs
#3 - A playmaker - Paul Scholes
#4 - An enforcer - Roy Keane

What have we got now?
#1 - A crosser - Xhaka?
#2 - A dribbler - ???
#3 - A playmaker - Ozil
#4 - AN enforcer - Torreira.

I see the priority is to have a dribbler to complete the set to break into Top-4.

A dribbler will help out Aubameyang and Lacazette in 3-4-3 counter-attack.

Man City have Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo SIlva, David Silva and De Bruyne.

Liverpool have Salah, Mane and Frimino.

Tiny Totts have Eriksen, Son and Lamela.

ManU have Martial, Lingard and Alexis.

Chelski have Pedro, Hazard and Willian.

We do not have dribbler of the same class as above Top-5.

For this season, we have loads of defenders and goalie once they are all fit.
Not a priority this season to buy another defender.
Just tough it out and see who to cut and who to keep for next season.

We have loads of midfielders and again, Emery will just tough it out and see which youngsters will be promoted and which senior players need to cut.

I see the priority in January Transfer Window is to buy a dribbler.

21-game unbeaten proved that we have defenders and midfielders once they are all fit.
Plus, Emery needed this season to make a judgement call as to which Wenger players to cut and how many youths are ready to promote to senior squad. He needed to watch his budget and to balance a squad with experienced players and hoemgorwn products.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

Re: January transfer Window - All I want is a dribbler
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 10:36
We cant sort of the defense in one window, but a dribbler will add goals, so i kind of agree but we need at least one CB for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2018 10:36 by CazOnARola.

litmus (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 11:37
If we were serious about Mahrez before when he asked for a transfer from Leicester and clearly stated he would be keen on a move to Arsenal, we could have a bona-fide trickly dribbler. But Wenger said, we already have the same type of players in the club like Ozil (not!) and Iwobi (are you mad, old man??).

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 December, 2018 18:02
Tbf all the others are mad as well. I have no idea why City and man utd are after sanchez when mahrez is ten times the player, even when sanchez was playing for us.

His passing and game sense is way above the likes sanchez, sane etc... We may feel as fans that we would not really be able to judge the player just through television and those football scouts and managers know better, but some of them are absolute idiots and don't see faulty technique/bad attitude when we can see them miles away.

I think mahrez just had a horrible agent who didn't really do much for him compared to the likes of chamberlain that Liverpool signed for 35mn lol when Mahrez was available for roughly the same

litmus (IP Logged)
23 December, 2018 14:58
What I am saying is that we could have bagged Mahrez when he was "available", but Wenger said we didn't need him because we already had IWOBI. I will never get over this!!

How can Wenger ever made a comparison like this?? He must have begun to go senile especially in the past 2 years. Comparing Mahrez to Iwobi is like comparing a sparkling diamond to a....piece of bad chewing gum!!

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 04:17
Jeez … Auba had only 13 touches and most of them during kick-off.

I maintained, priority is to get a dribbler first, then defenders.
If you can't score, you won't win.

'I like the total intensification, where there are crashes and bangs everywhere, pure adrenaline and no one being able to breathe' Jurgen Klopp.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 13:13
I partially agree. But we need at least one CB. Though I agree it's about scoring now goals than opposition right now as i dont think signing 2 players will solve the defensive issues. We need 3 players, a LB, a CB, and a RB to impetus defensively. Sokratis is ok as long as there is a leader along side him

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2018 23:53
[www.football.london]

If we sign Adrien Rabiot, he will instantly replace Xhaka, Ramsey and even Ozil leaving plenty of changes to pay his salary.

#1 - Just sell Xhaka and Elneny to Basel.
#2 - Let Ramsey leaves in January.
#3 - Loan Ozil to Inter or Real or ManU or any Turkish club to free up space in the squad.

Ozil is the poisoned chalice that both Gazidis and Wenger left behind for Emery to clean up.

Best too take it on the chin and cut our losses over Ozil.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 13:52
I hope we buy some young players I've never heard of.

djarse (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 14:40
We do have a dribbler - and interestingly he's been in the squad for the last few matches, but unused - Saka

He looks like a tremendous talent and extraordinary that has emerged from nowhere to be in the first team squads. Can't see why we don't give him a chance or two in the team

goonerred (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 16:48
Aaron Ramsey: Arsenal midfielder in talks with Bayern, Inter, Juventus, PSG & Real Madrid.
I will be amazed if he ends up at PSG or Real Madrid.

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 18:03
If you want a dribbler break d bank n get Felipe Anderson. He's having a season of his life for West ham.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 December, 2018 19:19
Quote:
djarse
We do have a dribbler - and interestingly he's been in the squad for the last few matches, but unused - Saka
He looks like a tremendous talent and extraordinary that has emerged from nowhere to be in the first team squads. Can't see why we don't give him a chance or two in the team
Iwobi > saka at the moment even in going past ppl. Iwobi probably better than Nelson as well in EPL terms at the moment although i haven't watched Nelson a lot recently

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 16:53
Commentator on my stream has just said that we won't be buying in January as this is not a good time to buy. We've heard that all before, we might have won the league instead of Leciester if we'd reinforced our squad in the Jan transfer window that season.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
01 January, 2019 19:59
Emery said we'll try and bring in 1 or 2 players if the deal is right. He also confirmed that Gary Cahill isn't someone they are thinking about

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2019 00:10
Unai is playing close to his chest.
I am sure he knew the players he wanted with Mislintat going off the radar and suddenly sprang a surprise to us with another "Mavropanos" or "Guendouzi" or "Torreira".

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 January, 2019 19:00
Sky have us loosely linked to Cengiz Ünde, a 21 year old right winger playing for Roma right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net