football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

We need to sign players in the transfer window
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 23:10
We need 2 CB's, a CM playmaker and a direct winger if we went to realistically challange until the end of the season for top 4

Am very happy with our current run but we haven't got a big enough squad to play in 4 competions and will fall away if we don't bring in reinforcements.

Re: We need to sign players in the transfer window
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 01:31
Agreed.. We need a centre back badly. Tricky pacy winger next to affect the game like that, A b2b to replace Ramsey. Guendouzi isn't ready, you need someone who can score and has quality touches like torreira. Xhaka is quality in his shooting but his immobility hurts us

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 01:36
For next season, top priority is a left back as monreal and sead will not suffice. Nacho getting on a bit now. Ideally a young promising player. Kolasinac is a liability when playing out from the back as well as defensively

goonerred (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 06:47
I agree with all of the above. For once, I'm actually looking forward t a transfer window, Wenger always had an excuse as to why we couldn't sign players in WC or EC years, January no good because you can't sign big payers. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Unai will do.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 08:16
I think the next couple of transfer windows are going to be super exciting. Given that we are pretty certain to be getting rid of Ramsey, welbeck and cech and it looks likely that we'll get rid of koscielny, ozil, elneny and monreal, there are lots of positions we desperately need reinforcements.

A couple of shrewd deals in January in the defence and a major overhaul in the summer will be needed given all of that. Should be fun

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 11:52
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
We need 2 CB's, a CM playmaker and a direct winger if we went to realistically challange until the end of the season for top 4
Am very happy with our current run but we haven't got a big enough squad to play in 4 competions and will fall away if we don't bring in reinforcements.

Damn, you dont ask for a lot, do you? Do you really think we can sign all those players to solve all our problems in one January window. You'll just end up being disappointed as usual.

And no, we don't need all those reinforcements just to challenge for Top4. We are already challenging plus Man Utd have fallen away.

One or two shrewd buys is all we will do in January. It's likely in the summer you will see us get the higher quality players we need to really become a top team again.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 17:33
I'll be happy with one player. We are doing incredibly well, I'm pretty happy with what the manager has got out of the squad and we have great young talent coming through I'd rather see playing.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 20:57
Quote:
younghansolo
I'll be happy with one player. We are doing incredibly well, I'm pretty happy with what the manager has got out of the squad and we have great young talent coming through I'd rather see playing.

I agree, getting a whole load of players in as Singh wants is not the solution. Better to focus on one or two quality players that can hit the ground running and make an impact short & long term.

Kalela (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 00:48
I thought I replied to this thread but I don't see it now. confused smiley Anyhow a decent defensive midfielder is needed more than a player in any other position in my opinion. I really don't see this team winning many games with Xhaka and Guendouzi in midfield in the event Torreira gets injured. And with how reckless Torreira can be when playing, there is a decent chance he will miss some games due to injury.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 11:24
Unai has players performing better and they are fitter we do need signings but maybe not as much emergency as under our last encumbent

Under new managment

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 17:26
Most likely we will have injuries like in the previous era. We have already had a few setbacks in training with players not returning as expected when they first got injured. I'm not sure if monreal s injury was also expected to be this long when first reported.

Considering the level shown by guendouzi and iwobi and also the min they have played, i would'nt say it's a very thin squad, but slowly players have been dropping like flies.

The amount of work rate being put in, by end of January we might be in trouble.

Also we have played a lot of home games against good teams (include wolves and Leicester, both are very good teams).
We are going to struggle in the second half just like we did in the second half at United and will be limping.

We need a couple of signings, else we need to be ok with 5th/6th this season and maybe a cup run

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 17:37
Just to put this into perspective, out of the top 12 teams we still need to play following teams away from home

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
Leicester
Brighton
West Ham
Watford
Wolves

All the above teams can beat us away from home considering our defense.

Apart from those
We have below home games
Chelsea
United

I see the current defense dropping points in most of the above matches.

Top 4 is probably not realistic this season. Maybe 6th again , 5th at best. Unless we get a miraculous upgrade on mustafi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 10:54 by CazOnARola.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 09:45
It's between us and Chelsea for 4th. Chelsea have got hard away games left too.

We need to add real quality to ourr defence and attack. CM probably can wait until the summer.

Manolas and Ismail Sarr would add that quailty.

What players do you reckon we can get in Jan?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 13:50
I'm thinking some unknown guy from Germany as I don't see us spending 75mn like Liverpool.

Let's hope the scouts do a good job. I say Germany as that's svens home ground

weedz (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 01:23
I reckon there's good chance we've secured Dembele, on loan, for the rest of the season, with an option for the 2019/20 season as well.

Barca have a problem with the wealth of talent they have in their forward line. In their perfect world OD would take what chances they offered him and in a season and a haif he'd be ready to step into Messi's boots.

But Dembele ain't having a barr of it and wants to play a lot more games. He also wants to play mainly on the right of Barcas favoured front 3. And that ain't gonna happen because of the for-mentioned LM.

By loaning him out, Barca solve the issue of a disgruntled starlet and retain ownership.

There is plenty of evidence on the net of Dembeles fondness of the EPL and Arsenal. So I remain hopeful.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 03:02
Considering his salary, the amount of of time it takes a player to settle in, and the fact that we recruitment team would be busy chasing defenders, it looks very unlikely to me.

The net just tells me that dembele s representatives just each to put pressure on barca and are offering dembele to arsenal. Neither barca nor arsenal seem to be interested

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net