football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

 

Auba's strike rate.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 22:06
The obvious focal point of our attack today, Aubameyang didn't disappoint. Keeping his calm from the penalty spot to put us ahead, his second goal was a real moment of magic.

His flash shot from outside the area gave Hugo Lloris no chance, and truly ignited the comeback, ramping up the atmosphere inside the Emirates.

It was his 12th goal of the season, 10th in the Premier League, to move him clear in the race for the Golden Boot. Incredibly those 10 goals came from 10 consecutive shots on target - the last goalkeeper to make a save from him in the Premier League was Lukasz Fabianski in August.

That's 22 goals in all since he joined Arsenal in January - no Premier League player has scored more goals since he made his debut.

www.arsenal.com



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 22:09
Has to start upfront every game. Anyone who wants him on the wing is a idiot!

He's in a different league to Laca!

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 23:51
Most clinical striker in the league. There's been a few bad misses too though.

Laca has to play (there's not enough goalscorers in rest of the team) so either both up top or Auba on left with them alternating positions during the game.

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
Kalela (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 00:58
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Has to start upfront every game. Anyone who wants him on the wing is a idiot!
He's in a different league to Laca!

The team plays better when they play together. And while Lacazette is not exactly better than him overall he is much better than Aubamayang in holding up the ball and getting other players involved in the attack.



We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
grayfox1 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 17:44
Singh you are a clown. Thank God Emery isn't stupid and starts Laca when he's on form and Auba when it suits us more. Good to see them both start as well.

Finally we got two top class cf's, they have fantastic chemistry between them, manager that uses them in more ways than one and they're scoring for fun yet you choose to diminish one of them, and would rather see him rot on the bench just to prove your point.
You're just a sorry excuse of a supporter and attention seeking troglodite.

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:29
Quote:
grayfox1
Singh you are a clown. Thank God Emery isn't stupid and starts Laca when he's on form and Auba when it suits us more. Good to see them both start as well.
Finally we got two top class cf's, they have fantastic chemistry between them, manager that uses them in more ways than one and they're scoring for fun yet you choose to diminish one of them, and would rather see him rot on the bench just to prove your point.
You're just a sorry excuse of a supporter and attention seeking troglodite.

Agree with this apart from the insulting part.....

But only a hater or a lunatic would think Laca should be on the bench based on current form and performances this season

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:05
Quote:
grayfox1
Singh you are a clown. Thank God Emery isn't stupid and starts Laca when he's on form and Auba when it suits us more. Good to see them both start as well.
Finally we got two top class cf's, they have fantastic chemistry between them, manager that uses them in more ways than one and they're scoring for fun yet you choose to diminish one of them, and would rather see him rot on the bench just to prove your point.
You're just a sorry excuse of a supporter and attention seeking troglodite.

Just because I rate Auba higher than Laca doean't mean i hate Laca. Laca has had a good season so far but , The fact is with Auba playing upfront, our midfield has more space because defenders are scared of his speed and defend deep, the opposite is true with Laca.

Auba is not suited to playong on the wing at all, he's wasted there. I'd prefer to see Laca starting there or just behind Auba..

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 02:59
Quote:
grayfox1
Singh you are a clown. Thank God Emery isn't stupid and starts Laca when he's on form and Auba when it suits us more. Good to see them both start as well.
Finally we got two top class cf's, they have fantastic chemistry between them, manager that uses them in more ways than one and they're scoring for fun yet you choose to diminish one of them, and would rather see him rot on the bench just to prove your point.
You're just a sorry excuse of a supporter and attention seeking troglodite.

I think fantastic chemistry is a bit ott
They are not looking a complete partnership yet, but have had some good moments

I think Emery is feeling a good balance of when to play who and it really helps the strikers now that your midfield is playing so well at the moment .

It’s when they are struggling that having both your strikers playing at the same time is the real test and that’s when you hope one of your strikers can drop deeper and be really effective as a deep 10



http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

 
Re: Auba's strike rate.
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 December, 2018 03:30
Lacazette does that better than all the players at arsenal barring ozil (drop deep, link up, release wingers), however we only have Torreira who passes into feet of the striker/nos 10 quickly to break the first line of defense . Xhaka can do it to some extent but rest are below average at this. Koschielny used to be decent at this. We have badly missed Monreal cause he is very good at this as well. All the rest are bang average passers when it comes to quickness of release and accuracy. This includes iwobi, ramsey, Kolasinac, mustafi, bellerin, guendouzi, Aubameyang, holding, sokratis, as well.
All the of them either take too long to release or their passing accuracy and weight on the ball is sub standard


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?