football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Team against Utd
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 20:12
Leno

Bellerin
Holding
Sokratis
Kolasinic

Ramsey
Torreira
Guendouzi

Ozil
Auba
Laca

It's about time we won there. I'd take a draw now.

Re: Team against Utd
Shane (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 21:04
Leno's a bit sh*t if we're honest.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 21:25
Quote:
Shane

Yes,
but he's the best of the sh*t keepers.

This was a big game for him today.
Hopefully he will have learned.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2018 21:27 by Boston Gooner.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 21:29
Quote:
Shane

Still better than Cech. The first goal today was tricky one. I think his biggest weakness is commanding the box during set pieces.

But he has brought calm to defense playing out from the back and no one is panicking anymore as we were with Cech.

We really can beat Man Utd if the performance is good. An early goal and their fans will turn on players. But it'll be tough,

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 December, 2018 23:53
Quote:
Shane

I dont agree. Almunia was a bit @#$%&. The goal today has been his only real howler this season and it didn't end up costing us anything. In truth, sokratis shouldn't have pushed alli over and Torriera should have covered the near post better. Yes there was th goal against Liverpool but I'd say that was more unlucky than a proper howler.

After the keepers we've had since lehmann left, I'm happy with someone who only makes a mistake once every 10 games.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 00:21
Really bag on Leno, he has been solid and the bounce on that goal is what caused him problems.

I really like the lineup and want to see us play without Xahaka, which will happen thru suspension.

Ozil should be pretty fresh and something to prove, especially with United.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 08:11
Don't see emery changing it. Ozil will be in the bench since it's an away game. Ramsey might get his first star in the pl in a while

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 11:10
Please let us win for once at OT. Even when Moyes was in charge and everybody was beating them we still lost 1-0. Come on lads, we can do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 11:11 by goonerred.

Shane (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 17:54
Quote:
SuperRob
After the keepers we've had since lehmann left, I'm happy with someone who only makes a mistake once every 10 games.

Leno's made two in the last four. It might be more than that. It depends what constitutes a mistake I guess. Is a goalkeeping mistake only an error which results in Arsenal conceding a goal, or is it any error in judgement?

Let's put Cech back in. Leno is bad news I reckon.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 18:46
Im more worried about who gets Xhaka position

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 December, 2018 19:33
Quote:
Padre Pio
Im more worried about who gets Xhaka position

Refreshing to see someone on here actually giving him credit for performances this season and realising he is likely going to be missed. His set pieces have been outstanding also, seems to create danger on regular basis.

I am worried too, it is likely Guendouzi which will be a big ask. Hopefully Ramsey starts too with the instruction to use that engine to track back and get forward at same time.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 08:10
Xhaka has been getting in his interceptions as well. Hes reduced his misplaced passes, offensively he was always a threat. Some crucial goals. I wanted him gone, but have been impressed with him positionally in the past 4 games, and Torreira is the reason as he is covering.

Xhaka has intercepted/fouled as well when Torreira is little higher, so its not like lucas is baby sitting him.

His set piece delivery is the best seen at arsenal since pires/henry imho.
Cesc s delivery was always floated (cech gobbled up his corners 90% of the time) , rvp s slightly faster but still not on par with Xhaka.

Ozils slightly floated as well, like rvps

04 December, 2018 11:03
Arsenal are almost 2 to 1 in the betting.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:03
What are the odds on Man U

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:08
Emery won't play 4-2-3-1 away at Utd. He'll stick with the 3 CB's formation he's played last couple of games.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 16:23
Looks like Monreal could be fit which would be a huge boost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net