football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Don’t look now, but Stan Kroenke’s LA Rams are
tigerline (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 11:29
now on top of the NFL with a 10-1 record after Monday’s exciting epic 54-51 victory over 9-1 Kansas City. Exciting stuff. The US sports world is still buzzing over that spectacle. (My New Orleans Saints handed the Rams their only loss this season a few weeks ago.)

And how did the Rams do it?
They spent money in the off-season ... a LOT of money.

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Now, I can’t find any proof that Kroenke is spending out of his own pocket, but he has certainly allowed his shrewd management team the latitude to line up big money contracts for key players ahead of merely keeping profits. These are clear signs that Kroenke is finally showing some sporting ambition. True, this change is probably tied to the relocation of the Rams franchise into the LA market. But even if it is all about generating fan interest and ticket sales in his glorious new stadium, it is a marked break from his historical handling of his other sports properties.

If nothing else, this year is proving to Kroenke that spending money leads to greater franchise successes ... on the field of play and with the ticket and merchandise sales.

Hope springs eternal ...

Re: Don’t look now, but Stan Kroenke’s LA Rams are
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 13:10
Silent Stan will spend money on the NFL because it is a business he is familiar with. Less so with football.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
21 November, 2018 20:22
He needed to spend to woo LA fans to support a winner when they move to Inglewood in 2019.

If Emirates started to look like an empty stadium with sponsors and advertisers starting to move over to our feeder club spanking new chickenhouse in the neighbourhood, he will need to spend to build up a winner.

'Love is a dream, wholly subjective. People fall in love with the most extraordinary people' Nancy Mitford.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 15:04
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Silent Stan will spend money on the NFL because it is a business he is familiar with. Less so with football.

Yeah that's logical.

He's spent over a billion dollars on buying arsenal and has been a shareholder for 6 or 7 years now. I'm pretty sure he will have learnt something about football by now and doesn't make strategic decisions based on personal familiarity.

celine dion (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 20:34
Im getting quite into the old NFL. Mainly because I like betting on everything I can get my hands on. That game was unbelievable. American football is a great sport.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 00:11
Quote:
celine dion
Im getting quite into the old NFL. Mainly because I like betting on everything I can get my hands on. That game was unbelievable. American football is a great sport.

It is, this season has been outstanding in terms of attacking play. Rams 10-1, Saints 10-1 & Cheifs 9-2 are the 3 favourites. All scoring ridiculous amount of points per game

But then there are team like Patriots & Steelers who have won it multiple times in recent years and only 2 or 3 losses. Very hard to predict. It will be an exciting playoffs.

I'm rooting for the Rams, Stan winning the Superbowl may have a knock on effect on Arsenal...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net