football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Seriously! Bring back free agent Cesc in the summer to replace Ramsey
litmus (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 07:34
Out of contract in June. Still a top player, still loves our club immensely, only have nice things to say about Arsenal.

With Torreira and Guendozi as his back up, we have our DM. And since we are letting Rambo go we should move for Cesc.

Nasri's best years was when he played with Cesc. I believe Cesc can have the same impact to Ozil.

People say that Cesc slows down the play. But if you look at his play nowadays, he looks to make the pass immediately when he receives the ball. short pass, long balls, through passes.

Particularly at home when the opposition park the bus, he can relieve the playmaking burden off Ozil. He can even replace Ozil when he has his usual back spasms and headaches.

He would be free, motivated, and loves the club. I am sure he would love to come back.

Re: Seriously! Bring back free agent Cesc in the summer to replace Ramsey
djarse (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 11:50
Metro reckon we might be interested in Denis Suarez from Barcelona: [www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 17:52
I am not sure replacing the high energy (albeit injury prone) Ramsey, with a slow and lots of miles on the clock Cesc is the right approach for a coach who places such a high emphasis on running and pressing.
Our time to resign him was when he returned to England, not when his career is on the wind down.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 18:14
Not resigning Fabregas was another in the long list of mistakes due to Wenger’s stubbornness.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 00:18
Wouldn't be able to hack playing every week now.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 08:12
But he would want to stay in London. Typically ends up at west ham

djarse (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 10:18
Another possible midfield replacement for Ramsey:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 11:57
Bring back crab football

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
20 November, 2018 13:07
Quote:
djarse
Another possible midfield replacement for Ramsey:
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Can't say I've ever seen him play, but I hope his creativity is out of this world (I doubt it with a £17m release clause) because his goal record is an average of a goal every ten games, which for an AM is pretty s.hit.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 15:35
Good shout this Litmus. He turns 32 in May but I think Fabregas could be a Pirlo type, and remain excellent until he's 36 or 37. Naturally he'll slow down a bit, but pace was never a major part of his game to begin with, so losing some of it won't make a huge difference. I have a soft spot for him, as a player and as a personality.

He wasn't even in the squad that evening against Hull, and he went on to the pitch in a jacket and jeans to goad the opposition lads. He hadn't an ounce of sportsmanship. Brash and brilliant in equal measures, it'll be a while before have another like him.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 09:52
Fabregas is just one of quite a few players Wenger put too much pressure on as our best player and relied on them to carry a team of bang average players. Eventually they got fed up of being a one man band and moved on, Henry, Fabregas, RVP.

As said though, not resigning Fabregas was a HUGE mistake in the mile long list of Wenger mistakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net