football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Liverpool match thread.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 17:52
Started off ok but hanging on a bit now.
Could easily be 2 down.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 12:03 by Padre Pio.

Re: Liverpool match thread.
03 November, 2018 18:00
Up to now really enjoying the game.
Some great tackling as well.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:10
We look prepared. Should be one down though..

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:12
I think we've been the better team this half

03 November, 2018 18:15
Thought we played well that half.
Leno almost cost us right at the end of the half.
And we got away with an offside goal that wasn't offside.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:18
I think Liverpools quality will come through in the end. But even if we go on to lose this game its a massive step forward in terms of performance. This team is unrecognisable from last season.

Well prepared
Fight
Intensity

Coyg

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:18
That offside goal is is strange. How is Manes tap in second phase of attack when he gained an advantage from being offside in first place? The rule is daft.

So far so good. Both teams look dangerous as expected.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:34
Quote:
Gooner Sod
That offside goal is is strange. How is Manes tap in second phase of attack when he gained an advantage from being offside in first place? The rule is daft.
So far so good. Both teams look dangerous as expected.
I agree about the offside, must, I'd never heard of that.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:36
So often we do the hard work, then just give the ball away when we aren't under pressure.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:38
I love Torreira

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:40
And by the way, I think Liverpool look ridiculous in Purple.

03 November, 2018 18:45
F*ck up and we are 1 down.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:47
Leno, parry it out to the side not to the front right into Milner's path. we do not deserve to be one down.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:50
Damn it!

One thing about Leno, he always looks to parry the ball. Doesn't inspire confidence for balls coming in. It's quite frustrating after playing well..

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:54
Leno nearly let them in again, totally out of position if Mane had got to that.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 18:59
Good save by Leno from Van Dyke

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:01
Hope Emery will kick those stupid cock ups out of them in his 2nd season.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:04
Lacazette!!!!!

1-1

COYG

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:06
Laca!!! No more than we deserved!! Come on!!!!

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:10
We've got our Arsenal Back.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:12
We're on fire. Do not concede now.

03 November, 2018 19:21
Enjoyed the game.
Stupid goal to concede.
But an improvement.

goonerred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:21
We deserved to win that I think. A good test and we passed it.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:22
Fair result. Very pleased with the physical effort. We struggled because we just lack individual quality in certain areas of the pitch. A decent performance from mustafi for a change. Aubameyang s close control in tight spaces lets him down and that's where like i've said before on other threads, Lacazette is absolutely irreplaceable.

Lacazette and Torrera were immense today. A very good second half from ozil. Xhaka had a decent game overall and very good offensively with his passing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 19:24 by CazOnARola.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:25
Chuffed with that vast improvement against a good team Carry On Unai

A shadow of what we were

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:27
Great result!

Love that we had a gameplan for the match. And Emery made changes as soon as we went down. Great to see.

Top4 is a real possibility after passing that test.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:33
I think game plan wise emery out foxed klopp even in the second half. Liverpool were just better drilled and better in individual quality, otherwise tactically emery canceled our klopp even in the second half when klopp pushed milner higher.

We still have players who are not of the same quality. Van dijk for example was ridiculously strong in reading the game as well as physicality.

Torreira is the biggest softener of course. Making evening else play better. He will be off to barca in a couple of years

SuperRob (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 23:01
Lot of people saying Leno was at fault for the goal but I'm not sure what more he could have done. He had to get something on it otherwise the player at the back post would have had a tap in. I don't think he could have caught it and he pushed it wide, out of danger and it was just unlucky that it deflected off holding's heel into milner's path.

Of course he got away with the mistaken decision to come out when van dijk hit the post but I'm not sure what else he could have done for the goal.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 23:36
I said something similar to guys next to me at the match,I pointed out that the defence left him with no cover at all, yes it was a poor punt but he can learn. I think the game was far more intense than he was used to, but he acquitted himself quite well overall

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 00:00
Quote:
Padre Pio
I said something similar to guys next to me at the match,I pointed out that the defence left him with no cover at all, yes it was a poor punt but he can learn. I think the game was far more intense than he was used to, but he acquitted himself quite well overall

True, I'd still rather have him in goal than Cech. We actually looked comfortable under Liverpools press which is mainly down to Leno inspiring confidence in the ball.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 05:46
Quote:
Gooner Sod
Quote:
Padre Pio

True, I'd still rather have him in goal than Cech. We actually looked comfortable under Liverpools press which is mainly down to Leno inspiring confidence in the ball.

There was one move when I had my heart in my mouth but we managed to play out from the back and start a good attack. Again Leno and torreira at the heart of the move.
With a few additions in back line, this team is they compete like this will push top teams to the limit.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 10:57
And people forget what happens half the time when we kick it long. The one time Leno played it long, Van Dijk beat lacazette in the air (obviously), it fell to a liverpool midfielder who played in Salah and he was running at our back four.

And it's not just Arsenal. None of the big clubs have attacking players who can challenge the centre backs in the air. So kicking it long is basically a guarenteed way of losing possession.

tigerline (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:16
Quote:
goonerred
Leno, parry it out to the side not to the front right into Milner's path. we do not deserve to be one down.

Just catching up on this thread ...

Hang on - Leno actually DID parry the ball wide left.
Holding clipped the parry with his back heel and redirected it precisely right into Milner’s run.

More bad luck than fault on the keeper, IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net