football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arseblog reporting that Ramsey will be off in the summer
tigerline (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 19:37
He has been told by the Club that they will not be offering him a new contract.

... per Arseblog news.

Re: Arseblog reporting that Ramsey will be off in the summer
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 21:45
Brilliant news. Can't even play well against a pub team tonight. He's shite!

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 21:55
Mixed feelings. Quality player to have as part of the squad to compete as long as he's not a guaranteed starter like under Wenger.

However if Emery doesn't see him fitting into future plans, it makes no sense to pay him 200k a week.

I'd personally sign him up then maybe sell him on if it doesn't work out. He's good enough to have decent value.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 22:32
Certainly isn't worth big wages.
He is nothing more than a squad player.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

goonerred (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 11:26
I wouldn't sign him up, he'd never leave, he knows he's not good enough to go to a top club, so a nice juicy salary to see out is days at Arsenal would have been good for him. I'm pleased the club would not be held to ransom over this, there's been too much of paying hangers on too much money,that's why we got into such a dreadful state of mediocrity.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 12:28
He will need replacing. Should look to sell him to Milan in January and get something back that we can use to buy someone else.

tigerline (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 13:24
Quote:
younghansolo
He will need replacing.

Dare I say it ... Smith-Rowe?

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 15:37
I doubt any big club will want him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

weedz (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 19:12
Another swap deal with ManU? Mata coming to us?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 20:31
As an interim measure, you can have 30-year-old Mata or 30-year-old Fabregas on a Bosman in the summer.

But ideally, if Mourinho is keen, exchange him for Martial.

But I think Emery prefers to stick to youths in Maitland-Nile, Joe Willock, Smith-Rowe, Reiss Nelson and buy another 18 to 22 year-old foreign player to build for 2019/20 squad.

We have 2 no. 8 in Iwobi and Xhaka to play ahead of Torreira.

Zelalem? Nwakali?
Can either one of them replaces Ramsey?

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
01 November, 2018 20:47
Mata will be 31 in the summer and Cesc will be 32.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 00:16
Can clearly see why Ramsey is a dinosaur during Blackpool match.

#1 - No tactical awareness as a midfield player to set up play with predictable passes easily anticipated and intercepted.

#2 - Too many touches and does not know how to release the ball early like Guendouzi and Torreira.

#3 - His knack to drive into a goal-scoring position in the box is a liability now. E.g. late in injury time, Jenkinson cross accurately for Aubameyang in the clear … and Ramsey dashed in to intercept the cross, unbalanced and needed to take it wide. Whereas AUba was simply waiting in the clear for a tap-in.

#4 - Both Laca and Auba instinctively complement each other in the box and will not get into each other way. Whereas Ramsey just got into their way in the box, without spatial awareness to get out of the way. 2 is just right, but 3 in the box is a crowd getting into each other way.

#5 - Like Wilshere, Ramsey is of a different generation, an Arsene Wenger out-of-date products, and needed a new environment to rejuvenate (not invigorate) his career.

#6 - Lastly, his greedy agent thought he got Arsenal FC over the barrel and over-estimated the quality of his underwhelming client. Sallehi is not a ball-less Gazidis and shown Ramsey the error of his greediness' way.

#7 - I wish you well in your next lucrative 200,000+ pw contract … like Alexis Sanchez's 400,000 pw salary.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 03:17
Problem is Ramsey sees himself as a #10 and wants to play in that position when he is clearly not a #10. It will be a problem if he is kept around unless he is prepared to play a different role. Ozil is clearly ahead of him in the #10 role. Next is Mkhitaryan. Followed by Iwobi. Emery is making a smart move to let Ramsey go.

Kalela (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 12:26
He can be a quality b2b midfielder as he has shown, I think it was 2013, in the past. But he is too selfish and doesn't play defense at all anymore. He spends the entire game in the other teams half and most of that time is really up top right next to the lone striker. Wenger was probably a pushover but I am surprised Emery allows him to do that. May be he doesn't listen and it is the reason he is not being offered a new contract. I don't care if he leaves or not personally because the way he plays for Arsenal currently is just not beneficial for the team. I will be @#$%& off if he joins Liverpool or another PL team and he plays with discipline in midfield though. It will be like how Van Persie was always injured at Arsenal and left as soon he became less injury prone.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net