football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Players You Want To See Arsenal Buy
Kalela (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 19:18
Are there any players you want to see at the Club in January or in the summer? I am talking about players that can be obtained for a reasonable price. I think there is real need for another midfielder, a defensive minded one, to play alongside Torreira. There is also a need for another central defender. Someone younger to replace Koscielny and push Mustafi out of the line up. Personally I like Jamaal Lascelles. Kurt Zouma and Issa Diop are not bad if they can be gotten. Lascelles is just a confident defender and he is pretty strong and has decent pace. He would be a calming presence in front of goal. For midfield, I would like to see the club sign Yves Bissouma or Wilfred Ndidi. Both decent passers with pace and tireless work ethic. Obviously there are a lot more players I like and can list but those are the ones I have been impressed by and think the club can obtain for a decent fee. Who would you like to see signed?

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Re: Players You Want To See Arsenal Buy
litmus (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 02:19
I actually would like Upemacano. If not Maguire, we could do with these dominant CB types. Both of them are very mobile for huge men. Another reason to get Maguire would be keeping Man U from getting him.

For midfield, Saul Niguez has always been my pick. Too bad about the 130 mil pound buy-out clause though.

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 16:35
It seems Malcom on loan from Barca.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 17:12
I'd quite like Fabregas back still tbh.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 23:22
Purely based on today's games

Felipe Anderson
Nathan Ake
Morgan Gibbs-White

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 11:28
We need to buy another experienced central midfielder to complement Xhaka-Torreira.
Smith-Rowe is developing and needed another season before he is ready to fight for a regular starting spot to replace Ramsey or Ozil or Mkhitaryan.

Mkhitaryan is getting long in the tooth and needed replacement for Emery high-tempo high-pressing style of play.

Emery may go for youth development and will not buy a winger and CB as he trusted them:

Winger - Iwobi, Reiss Nelson and who else in the youth rank?

CB - Holding, Mavrospano, Pleguezuelo and Medley; not forgetting Chambers.

LB - Kolasinac, Monreal and who else in the youth rank barring Joey Lopez?

With such a tight budget, Mislintat may be concentrating on unearthing 18 to 22 year old unknown gems like Mavrospano, Guendouzi and Toirreira.

Sanllehi is known for his Latin America connection and look mostly likely trying to buy Latin American players on the cheap.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

Goofle (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:47
Kimpembe, Ferland Mendy, Kondogbia, Guedes and Icardi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net