football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Sporting v Arsenal Predictions
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 08:12
This is a tough one tp predict, both teams have won both group matches, both high scoring.
Arsenal have a poor record in Portugal.
Its tempting to go for 1-1 but I'm pushing on, and pushing my luck, with a 2-1 to the Arsenal forecast.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 16:21 by Padre Pio.

Re: Sporting v Arsenal Predictions
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 10:18
With a full 1st team out I think we would be ok.
Will wait to see team news first.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 12:26
Sporting has not lose a home game this season. A draw would be a good result imo.

djarse (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 15:37
According to Football London, the players who are confirmed in the squad for tomorrow’s game are:

Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Sokratis, Danny Welbeck, Mohamed Elneny, Shkodran Mustafi, Lucas Torreira, Mesut Ozil, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Emile Smith Rowe, Alex Iwobi, Matteo Guendouzi, Alexandre Lacazette, Rob Holding and Carl Jenkinson.

No Cech, Lichsteiner or Medley but Jenkinson is back.

tigerline (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 16:16
Left home:
Cech - just back in training
Monreal - injured
Kolasinac - injured
Maitland-Niles - just back in training
Mavropanos - injured
Koscielny - injured
Bellerin - resting
Lichtsteiner - resting HE IS PLAYING
Xhaka - resting HE IS PLAYING
Ramsey - Hmmmmmmm ... HE IS PLAYING
Nketiah - not ready yet

There is a lesson not to trust Football London, I guess.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 16:13 by tigerline.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 17:19
Quote:
tigerline
Left home:
Cech
Monreal
Kolasinac
Maitland-Niles
Mavropanos
Koscielny
Bellerin
Lichtsteiner
Xhaka
Ramsey
Nketiah
Some of those are crocked. Monreal wasnt in squad on Monday either

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 19:24
Quote:
tigerline
Left home:
Cech - just back in training
Monreal - injured
Kolasinac - injured
Maitland-Niles - just back in training
Mavropanos - injured
Koscielny - injured
Bellerin - resting
Lichtsteiner - resting
Xhaka - resting
Ramsey - Hmmmmmmm ...
Nketiah - not ready yet

Looks like Ramsey will be sold in January.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 October, 2018 22:23
Jenkinson in the squad (Sm22)(Sm22)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net