football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Leicester match thread.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:15
Wide open at the back.
And they should have had a penalty.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 08:28 by Padre Pio.

Re: Leicester match thread.
grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:28
Leicester looks well prepared to this tie. We are looking suspect at the back.

Cant say this goal was not deserved. Hope we will get our act together.

22 October, 2018 19:30
Have to say we just aren't in this game.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:37
Maybe the lucks run out

A shadow of what we were

22 October, 2018 19:46
Fortunate to be going in level at half-time.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:48
That was the best goal of the season for me. Lacazette, ozil and iwobi the only players with any of the ball movement at all. Others including full banks no real movement.

Overall Lacazette has been the only player who has shown proper off the ball movement followed by ozil.

Ozil has just sucked them in looking like nothing s happening at times and then suddenly moving to the other side and just quicken up the play. The best I've seen him play in a long long time

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:56
C'mon Caz it was special but Fulham was another dimension.. I like Lacas confidence right now. Ozil is fantastic when things go his way...

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 19:58
Mhyki not offering anything. Need to make a change there.

Holding and Xhaka need to be careful not to get sent off.

We can win this if we up our performance in 2nd half like recent games.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:00
Quote:
grayfox1
C'mon Caz it was special but Fulham was another dimension.. I like Lacas confidence right now. Ozil is fantastic when things go his way...
Ramsey goal was very good agreed but this is a proper chess match. Leicester is playing soaking and not trying to do anything close to the circle but their defenders are cutting off any kind of through balls or even diagonal runs from Lacazette. Fulham was defensively woeful.

We earned that goal by capitalizing on their first mistake structurally, they are not going to give that kind of space again. Off the ball movement was non existent from xhaka and mkhi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 20:02 by CazOnARola.

22 October, 2018 20:03
Seriously xhaka is shite.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:10
If anything we are worse defensively

A shadow of what we were

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:13
What the @#$%& is mustafi doing play making when his DM is right beside him demanding the ball and much better than him at playing the same ball over the top. Torrerira literally almost took the ball off him. Mustafi really thinks he is pirlo

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:16
Yeeeeeeeeees

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:17
They'd why i said i haven't seen him this interested in a long long time

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:19
Wtf

22 October, 2018 20:20
Wonderful 3 goal.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:21
Caz 1st or 3rd? ☺️

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:23
This is not Leicester playing as badly as u think. They just came to park the bus. And this little clicks look innocuous but basically they were two one touch passes that opened up the defense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 20:26 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:24
Third more beautiful but first because it caught them off guard. It's classic ozil. Fergie used to call him ghost. His body language is very misleading. He knows how to change the pace suddenly

SandyB (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:34
Mesut Ozil n Uani Emery deadly Turkish duo.. (Sm152)

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:42
I get u but in this kind of situations im all about viewing pleasure. tommorow ill try to look at those goals in the way you do..

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:45
Quote:
SandyB

Troll alert

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:48
I'll give this one to emery, his approach throughout in matches against decent teams in the past month has been using super subs. Liverpool is his true test shebang they try to press us high.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:48
Very impressed with iwobi s ball retention

22 October, 2018 20:52
Very much improved 2nd half performance.
Great goals.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 20:55
Great going forward but better teams will punish us but think Unai will get it right

A shadow of what we were

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:01
most teams have struggled against Leicester to score because they are very intelligent in the way they are set up to play the soaking game. Don't rush the opposition Dm or Defense at all, just invite invite and then counter.

Defensively i see more individual errors rather than massive structural issues. Yes the full backs are high and CBs size apart, but the DM is practically playing as the third CB in true Italian catanaceo style so is just like any other formation with us strengths and weaknesses.

I dunno how you can stop ppl going to sleep like mustafi, Bellerin and holding keep doing every game.

Willy (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:27
Ozil sublime tonight, if he can hit a purple patch with these strikers in the side I think top 4 is possible. Obviously it'd help to beat our rivals once in a while though.

Liked Emery talking about playing 'with heart' post match. he emphasised it and I don't recall him using that phrase before. Makes a change from 'process' and 'work'.

SandyB (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:35
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Troll alert

Your papa is troll..

djarse (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:41
Arsenal have won 10 games on the trot for the first time since October 2007 (11 years ago)

No reason why we cant win the next 3 (Away to Sporting, Away to Palace and Home to Blackpool) and then face Liverpool at the Emirates with 13 straight wins under our belt

SandyB (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:45
Quote:
djarse
Arsenal have won 10 games on the trot for the first time since October 2007 (11 years ago)
No reason why we cant win the next 3 (Away to Sporting, Away to Palace and Home to Blackpool) and then face Liverpool at the Emirates with 13 straight wins under our belt

I don't wanna jinx it by saying 'we are in it!'...win against Liverpool, we will be big time in it.

Willy (IP Logged)
22 October, 2018 21:58
The Bellerin-Ozil link up was crucial for all the goals, Bellerin seemed to read Ozil's movement very well especially the timing of the pass which Ozil stepped over before goal 3. The new Pires and Cole?

SuperRob (IP Logged)
23 October, 2018 08:52
It's such a little thing, but I loved how we were set up for Leciester's kick off at the start of the game. We knew they were going to play it long to their left hand side and we had about 6 players over there, Mkhi was dropped right back next to Bellerin, Torriera and Xhaka were both on that side and both the centre backs were pushed across. And the result was that we won the ball back immediately. The game started and I was like, why are all our defenders standing to one side. And then Leicester played it long to that side.

It's such a tiny thing, but shows the level of detail Emery and his coaches put into the preparation, something we've never seen at Arsenal before. And that preparation is the kind of thing that pays off when you don't have the most talented players in the world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net