football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Torreira
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:03
Our best CM by a mile.

He can pass and tackle and has got a brain.

If he doesn't start soon you have to ask questions of our manager.

Also, Leno must be terrible if he can't get in ahead of Cech.

Re: Torreira
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:07
Emery also addressed the decision to reduce Lucas Torreira to a role on the bench today.

“He’s improving. He is getting to know his teammates. For me, all the minutes he is playing is important for his performance.

“He needs to continue working. But it’s very important for me to think about others players, Matteo has started well and Xhaka is very important.

“We need good players. Lucas is like that.

Xhaka very important. 😂😂😂

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

tigerline (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:10
Torreira MUST replace Xhaka!
Full Stop!!!

litmus (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:52
Torreira should start the next games. While he is a DM he has bite in the tackle, dynamism and pace. And he canAnyone would noticed he galvanised the midfield and allowed us to play with more intensity when he came on.

But maybe the gaffer feels we need a bit more height against our past opponents.

The next game against Newcastle is tailor made for his first start. I agree he is our best midfield player now. He offers much more than the others.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:26
If Torreira starts, he needs to partner with someone who can deal with high balls. Other than that, he is tidy in possession reads the game well and tackles very well.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 22:59
Quote:
tigerline
Full Stop!!!

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Kalela (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 23:26
Quote:
tigerline
Full Stop!!!

As high as I rate Guendouzi, I think it is he who Torreira should be replacing. Xhaka and Torreira are a better fit than any other combination.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 07:25
But what about Xhaka being absolutely s.hit at football?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 11:58
Quote:
Kalela
Quote:
tigerline
Full Stop!!!

As high as I rate Guendouzi, I think it is he who Torreira should be replacing. Xhaka and Torreira are a better fit than any other combination.

Erm... how about Torreira and Ramsey. You know, a normal central midfield partnership instead of two holding midfielders?

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 12:08
Tom we are discussing CM's, not wannable strikers!

younghansolo (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:11
It's quite frankly ludicrous to suggest that Xhaka is very important. He is genuinely horrible.

I can only assume he's trying to keep the midfield's spirits up while he waits for Torreira to be ready. The thought of him. genuinely believing that the other two are better to start than Torreira is absolutely terrifying..Surely it's not really that,

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:21
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Tom we are discussing CM's, not wannable strikers!

He's a midfielder. He makes tackles, interceptions, covers every blade of grass and just so happens to be able to attack as well. It's so bloody stupid that we seem to be locked into this notion that we need two holding midfielders. Makes me want to switch off every game I watch.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:22
Xhaka is shi.t but he’s a nasty pice of work, that’s why still he plays. Defense is still poor, can’t deal with set pieces, I think Emery should start trying Lichtsteiner
against better teams n Koscielny back from injury might help some extent.

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:23
Xhaka is nothing. Literally nothing. He's a negative to the team.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 22:05
Xhaka literally offers nothing to the team, zero. Absolutely nothing going forward or defensively.

A simply awful player.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 07:58
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Xhaka literally offers nothing to the team, zero. Absolutely nothing going forward or defensively.
A simply awful player.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net