football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Apparently, Uani Emery is a weak manager with players walked all over him
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 11:30
More and more, I see him as a weak manager with players walked all over him like at PSG.

WTF he meant by making Aaron Ramsey the nucleus of his new team when knowing that he will never sign a new contract "unless Arsenal matches his expectation".

If it is Ferguson, he will be shipped out in no time like Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe, Stam, et al.

Mesut Ozil?
He is not known for tracking back, never has a defensive bone in his make-up even at Real Madrid under Mourinho. But Mourinho has a Double Pivot in Alonso-Khedira to cover up for Ozil's defensive shortcomings.

And convincing Ozil to play the high-tempo pressing game is like askign Zidane to track back in WC1998.

Like against WHU, time to play Mkhi as the no. 10 and just drop Ozil until both of them got their head right.
And it si not too late to sell both Ramsey and Ozil to European club and just move on to rebuild the team with players committed to play hsi high-line and high tempo game.

Time to fish or cut the bait by selling off Wenger's love children before 31 August 2018 liek how Ferguson got rid of Paul Ince and Jaap Stam; and even the Golden One, David Beckham whose pop-star lufestyle was startign to have a determental effect on the team.

Isn't the contract situation of both Ramsey and a satiated Ozil, with no commitment and motivation, are determental to teh team-building now?

'In the end the most satisfying solution is the one where you have cleared everything away and there is no solution at all any more, at the same time, the problem has been solved. That's the nicest way of doing it.'
Brilliant Orange [2010]

Re: Apparently, Uani Emery is a weak manager with players walked all over him
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 13:11
Is the pressing game the only game in town? I say we can still be successful if we significantly improve our defensive game especially when we dont have the ball. Defensive solidality is more important than learning to play out of defence and pressing.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 13:42
Not sure how you come to this conclusion considering both Ramsey and ozil have been dropped from the starting 11 for a game each this season. And all of the front six have been benched at some point in the first 3 games. I doubt any of them think their place in the starting line up is safe.

hahanice (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 16:35
I don't think he's a weak Manager. I'd love to see ozil and ramsey sold though

younghansolo (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 17:20
It may be more of a case of players being too powerful.

Emeri isn't impressing me much so far though. I wanted total revision not more of the same. I see no reason to have got rid of Wenger if we plan on playing the same way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net