football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal Fastest Players list Leaked by Auba
younghansolo (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 17:01
http://i63.tinypic.com/2djp94j.png

Leaked by Auba today. No idea how this is calculated, and he could be playing a trick on us all for all I know. But looks legit.
If its right then we were all very wrong about Socrates (suppose his acceleration could still be slow)

Re: Arsenal Fastest Players list Leaked by Auba
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 17:58
Surprised to read that Sokratis is up there.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 18:06
I've seen nothing in our pre-season friendly and league matches so far to suggest Sokratis is our third fastest player. You're right, must be an acceleration thing.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 18:06
Not sure what the figures are? Seconds? Distance? What is percentages about?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Shane (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 18:29
I think acceleration is a good shout. I remember a few years ago it was reported that Aubameyang was quicker than Usain Bolt over 50 metres or something.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 20:36
Whatever this is for, it is BS or totally useless.

Why?

Because Xhaka is higher than Guendouzi, Elneny and Torreira.

Xhaka turns like an 18-wheeler and accelerates like an oil tanker.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 22:29
With the ball most of them can hardly walk.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
23 August, 2018 22:55
When the ball is nearly out of play and they have to run two yards to keep it in most are arthritic

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Kalela (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 06:59
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Surprised to read that Sokratis is up there.

Same here. I am more surprised that Xhaka is actually faster than some players on the roster. (Sm22)

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 08:15
Top speed in metres per second. Not really surprised about sokratis. Taller, heavier players can get up to higher top speeds. I remember the same stats at the world Cup a few years ago and mertesacker came out the 5th fastest player at the tournament or something.

It's kind of meaningless because they are football players, not sprinters

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:15
Percentage is probably how far was this speed from the players record top speed.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:17
Anyone who'd have seen Sokratis for more than a few games would know he's fast!

Willy (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:49
The reviews on Sokratis from people who watched him in Germany mentioned that he had pace, but that it was fading a bit.

I think that the percentage refers to how much of the measured run was at the individual's top speed. Meaning that Torreira is slow but tries hard at running tests!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net