football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Usmmanov goes as mediocrity awaits
Arsenal Times (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 19:25
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/08/2018 20:35 by Padre Pio.

Re: Usmmanov goes as mediocrity awaits
Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 21:24
Not a promising outlook

A shadow of what we were

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 22:00
Looking at the other clubs under Silent Stan, he will be satisfied with mid table performance as long as the expected revenue is attained every year.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 08:56
It's probably too early to damn Kronke but it does seem unlikely that he'll invest heavily in the team which means we have to have a canny manager who can find relatively cheap gems. If we could find the equivalent to a Coutinho or Bale and then sell them for a huge profit it would finance a potential elevation into the top four. But that's not an immediate prospect; meanwhile we'll probably hover around sixth for the foreseeable future.

The lack of investment over the summer was disappointing considering we're one of the richest clubs in the world. The defence needs serious attention and players like Xhaka and Moustafi should have been shown the door. Emery needs to get those two to improve significantly but most of us doubt that'll happen.

Kronke's son might be more involved in the near future which might be positive depending on how much pocket money his old man gives him. The next few transfer windows will give us more clarity on the direction the club is intending to take.

Ares (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:21
lol @ pocket money

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 19:31
Sad times awaits us. I was so looking forward to the new season with minimum expectations but since this Kroenke takeover, it's been gloomy for me.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

hippogunner (IP Logged)
16 August, 2018 08:32
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
Sad times awaits us. I was so looking forward to the new season with minimum expectations but since this Kroenke takeover, it's been gloomy for me.

I understand the gloom but a little perspective is needed at the present time. Kronke has always had the major hand at the club for a decade or so. Usmanov was effectively a silent shareholder so little influence did he have. We have spent quite a lot of money on players in recent times and with a more astute manager than Wenger we may have had better returns for our money in terms of selling players on and requiring better on field talent. I firmly believe we'd have won the league at least once if we had ditched Wenger ten years ago. We always needed a Toreira type player and now we have one, that alone is cause for some small optimism.

It's a matter of being patient and hoping that Emery is an excellent manager and that the owner doesn't neglect the footballing side of the club entirely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net