football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Guendouzi and Torreira the new Vieira and Petit
karsene16 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:58
Get rid of the rest of them.

mkhitaryan or Ozil or Ramsey do not want to see two of these player on the pitch at the same time.

It's going to take two windows to sort this out.

Re: Guendouzi and Torreira the new Vieira and Petit
AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:11
Leaning towards that too.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 11:50
merl style thread! (Sm105)

karsene16 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 12:09
Quote:
SandyB
merl style thread! (Sm105)

Hopefully Merl can elaborate as I haven't the time for this

Ares (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 13:06
I've got a nephew

bless him he's 1000% smaller and weaker than your average full grown adult in good health

but you would be absolutely insane to take the kid on at football

He never - Never EVER Stops - Bigger boys much tougher than him - the kid takes them on and he wins.

Ask most people if they would play a game of 1 on 1 with him again and the answer = No Chance.

That kid is something - bag of bones but the energy - the power - the intelligence - the fearlessness - the confidence - the focus - the enthusiasm - he never gives up (at anything)

I see that in Torreira. I see that in Guendozi. And I like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2018 13:10 by Ares.

tigerline (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 13:20
Quote:
Ares
I've got a nephew
bless him he's 1000% smaller and weaker than your average full grown adult in good health

but you would be absolutely insane to take the kid on at football

He never - Never EVER Stops - Bigger boys much tougher than him - the kid takes them on and he wins.

Ask most people if they would play a game of 1 on 1 with him again and the answer = No Chance.

That kid is something - bag of bones but the energy - the power - the intelligence - the fearlessness - the confidence - the focus - the enthusiasm - he never gives up (at anything)

I see that in Torreira. I see that in Guendozi. And I like it.

Exactly right, Ares!
Give me their kind of tenacity every damned day.

I also liked seeing the steel that Lichsteiner brought immediately to the proceedings - more of that please.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:08
No.

The model to look at is that Alonso-Khedira Double Pivot coached by Mourinho.

Physically powerful and tall players like Vieira and Petit had goen the way of the dinosaur.

Even a 6'1" Busquets will be tough to replace ... perhaps Rabiot is that repalcement for Busquets.

Emery should buy Rabiot to partner Torreira.

Compare Arsenal to Guardiola 2010/11 Team:
You can see an inkling of what Guardiola is trying to do at Man City to dominate EPL.

1 - Valdes (homegrown) - Cech or Leno
2 - Abidal - Kolasinac or Monreal
3 - Puyol (homegrown) - Holding or Koscielny or Mustafi
4 - Pique (homegrown) - Chambers or Sokratis
5 - ALves - Bellerin or Lichsteiner
6 - Busquets (homegrown) - Torreia or Guedouzi or Maitland-Niles
7 - Xavi (homegrown) - Ramsey or Xhaka
8 - Iniesta (homegrown) - Ozil

9 - Pedro (homegrown) - Mkhitaryan or Lacazette

10- Messi (homegrown) - Aubameyang

11- David Villa - Iwobi or Welbeck

You can see that Arsene Wenger wasted almost 15 years trying to develop 7 or 8 no. homegrown players like Barca 2010/11 … and failed miserably with Brit Pack.

'Most owners take out of the club and Vichai just put in. Without him, we would not have won the Premier League. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing.' Danny Barry, a Leicester City fan for 64 years.

Goofle (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:12
Guendouzi, Ramsey and Torreira is a top class midfield trio.

tigerline (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:29
Quote:
Goofle
Guendouzi, Ramsey and Torreira is a top class midfield trio.

Am ready to roll with that combination right now.

I think that Ramsey will rise to the challenge of playing Kante this week.

Goofle (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 14:45
Always does. Only player to consistently batter him.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 05:30
Ramsey is the only player to be consistently inconsistent as well.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

karsene16 (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 09:46
Ramsey is equivalent to playing Okazaki in midfield.

Flava (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:01
Ramsey doesn't play in midfield, he likes to play up front or where he feels like it.

Goofle (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:08
When Ramsey plays CM his positional heat map/or average position always indicates that he's around the center circle either most of the time or on average.

Emery seems to like him further forward, which makes sense if you're just looking at how good a player he is. But in reality Ramsey is good going forward from deep, not starting there.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:14
What Sunday proved is that Ramsey has no ability to play up front, too short, too slow, too timid

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Goofle (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:18
I don't understand why it was even tried. The best CM at the club not playing CM makes about as much sense as using a CB in DM because they are tough guys or whatever.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 10:38
Quote:
Padre Pio
What Sunday proved is that Ramsey has no ability to play up front, too short, too slow, too timid

Wish we had got rid of him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 August, 2018 12:31
Quote:
Goofle
When Ramsey plays CM his positional heat map/or average position always indicates that he's around the center circle either most of the time or on average.
Emery seems to like him further forward, which makes sense if you're just looking at how good a player he is. But in reality Ramsey is good going forward from deep, not starting there.

LOL it always indicates it does it? How many times do you really go and check 'his positional heat map' after he plays CM?

You do chat some nonsense.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Goofle (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 13:26
Every game for every player I care about.

litmus (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 16:20
Ramsey has no power and pace. As for his ability to get in the box at the right time, when has he done that. With an extra yard of pace he could, but he seems to be getting more slower. I hope he proves me wrong, but he's been poor for a few seasons. A few FA cup final goals doesn't compensate for being poor and ineffective most of the season. He must start to influence games.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 19:16
As much I would love them to play from the start I think the manager is giving players like xhaka the chance to @#$%& up in a good way so when he is replaced he will not get another look in Xhaka is the player subbed for Torreira who I think will take his position and once that happens things will look a lot different and the rest of the team will be more confident in their duties.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2018 22:56
Quote:
Goofle
I don't understand why it was even tried. The best CM at the club not playing CM makes about as much sense as using a CB in DM because they are tough guys or whatever.

The "best CM at the club" got benched by a 19 year old!

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 August, 2018 21:01
Emery is a fool though.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
22 August, 2018 12:23
What's the use in playing Ramsey 'CM' if he just stands up front though?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net