football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

That's that then - Kroenke to buy Arsenal?
Flava (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 08:25

Re: That's that then - Kroenke to buy Arsenal?
Flava (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 08:29

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 11:37
Sad day for the fans if this happens.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:02
Single ownership isn’t the issue it’s Kroenke is the single owner that’s the issue. But arsenal fans have brought this onto them by their tiki taka softie approach by accepting every sh.it thrown at them by previous board then Wenger n Kroenke at them, so nothing to really complain.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:33
Reckon Usmanov will do good things for Everton

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:43
In the words of Thanos in Infinity War Trailer "In time, you will know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right. Yet to fail all the same. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives."

TERRIBLE!!! We are DOOMED if this happens. We are officially Kroenke's CASH COW!!

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

tigerline (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 12:52
Damned American vampire ...

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 14:21
This seasons laughable transfer budget is a sign of what's to come under full Kroenke ownership.

All of his sports franchises are bang average.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tigerline (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 14:55
Quote:
BootyDaddy
This seasons laughable transfer budget is a sign of what's to come under full Kroenke ownership.
All of his sports franchises are bang BELOW average.

07 August, 2018 17:08
Why Stan Kroenke’s sole ownership of Arsenal is worrying news for fans

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 17:10 by Boston Gooner.

tigerline (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 17:30
Dammit!

What had seemed to be a quite hopeful new season has rightfully become a funeral.

Our turd of an owner has absolutely no competitive desire to win ... NONE!

No wonder Gazidis is bugging out while he can.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:00
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
BootyDaddy
All of his sports franchises are bang BELOW average.
Now it doesn't really matter who the manager is.. We are never going to compete let alone win anything.

We are done as a club. It's no longer arsenal after this

younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:19
This could well be the beginning of the end. Much like many saw the move to the Emirates as being damning to our future, many more can see how this will play outm no money, no expectation and upset fans. Me awhile usmanov will go and turn Everton into a global force

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 20:45
Almost all the hope and optimism I had going into this season has all but gone now thanks to this news.

The only hope I get from this is that maybe Kroenke is planing to sell Arsenal in 2-5 years time, to a sugar daddy type owner and it would easier to sell the club if he owned all of it?

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 21:39
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Almost all the hope and optimism I had going into this season has all but gone now thanks to this news.
The only hope I get from this is that maybe Kroenke is planing to sell Arsenal in 2-5 years time, to a sugar daddy type owner and it would easier to sell the club if he owned all of it?

He's never planning on selling. Usmanov made him a great offer to sell up and he refused. He's never going to do it when he has full power.

The guy is a parasite.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 21:57
One slight hope Deutsche Bank wouldn't let their $$ burn, so he might not be able to asset strip as people think he could but don't expect anything better than how it's being run today.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 23:10
I don't understand why everyone wants arsenal to be used as an oligarchs political tool?

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 02:11
Quote:
SuperRob
I don't understand why everyone wants arsenal to be used as an oligarchs political tool?
Is it worth to have politically correct moral high ground over a oligarch vs bloodsucker debate.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 06:56
I haven't seen any evidence of kroenke taking any significant money or of arsenal. Certainly not like the glazers or hicks and Gillette.

And kroenke has had control for the past 6 years, so saying that this transfer window is a sign of what is to come is also a bit misleading. There have been lots of big money signings during his control like ozil, sanchez, lacazette, aubameyang etc. We've merry spent any £70m this window which is similar to the amount we've been spending every window which is now than done much bigger clubs than arsenal.

The decline had been due to mismanagement of contracts rather than the amount available to spend on transfers. We let sanchez run down his contract to 1 year left and we were forced to sell him for way below the market rate. We have never brought enough money in from transfers because we hold onto players too long without forcing them to extend their contracts.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 07:34
Not only is Kroenke buying out Usmanov, but every independent Arsenal share holder will be forced to sell to him. He is buying out every shareholder. The c ost of the moral highground is that complete darkness will descend over the club. Nobody will know what Kroenke is doing, he can now use the club as leverage for loans and paying off loans. Arsenal will be paying his debts, the fans money can be used to pay off his loans.
It was Kroenke who fought to the last to keep Wenger, no doubt he was collateral, expect more rubbish decisions.
And spare a thought for those fans who have held shares in the family for 80 years or more, not to make a profit, but as part of their support. The club is now more alienated from its fanbase than ever.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

djarse (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 08:19
Agreed Padre

And apparently he had the option to allow the 3% of custodial loyal shareholders to keep their shares but chose to force them to sell to him against their will. That tells us all we need to know.....

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 08:39
Quote:
djarse
Agreed Padre
And apparently he had the option to allow the 3% of custodial loyal shareholders to keep their shares but chose to force them to sell to him against their will. That tells us all we need to know.....
Summed up nicely DJ.
He can do what he wants, no transparency, no scrutiny, loans, income etc all his.
Yes Usmanov may be a douche bag, but while he owned 30% the existence of real Arsenal fans being involved was secure, but Kroenke doesnt like real Arsenal fans as they wont like him siphoning off huge sums of money to his rotten clubs in the USA

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

08 August, 2018 13:39
Quote:
Padre Pio
Not only is Kroenke buying out Usmanov, but every independent Arsenal share holder will be forced to sell to him. He is buying out every shareholder. The c ost of the moral highground is that complete darkness will descend over the club. Nobody will know what Kroenke is doing, he can now use the club as leverage for loans and paying off loans. Arsenal will be paying his debts, the fans money can be used to pay off his loans.
It was Kroenke who fought to the last to keep Wenger, no doubt he was collateral, expect more rubbish decisions.
And spare a thought for those fans who have held shares in the family for 80 years or more, not to make a profit, but as part of their support. The club is now more alienated from its fanbase than ever.

(Sm152)

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 16:19
I think we are in for a surprise, recent post resigning bonhomie between Wenger n Dein n followed Gazidis leaving to Milan rumor brings a whole new game into arsenal. I think both Dein n Wenger are going to be back to the club with Dein replacing Gazidis m Wenger assuming the Technical Director position. That’s my speculation though.

hahanice (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 16:21
ill probably moderately follow arsenal because we have a new manager this year. if the club isn't run well... as in a big improvement over the past 10 years... then i will be f***ing off to support someone else.

don't like Stan Kroenke. Don't like his business model. Don't like that he's abusing the club.

I have a philosophy in life that sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to succeed. If my wife and I need something, we will go out and get it whatever the cost.
Sir Alex needs a striker to win the league, he goes out and gets RVP...

Arsenal are run the other way. We need players, players are available... we hope for the best.

I hoped a new regime would change this... it appears we are in for more of the same for the long haul

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 18:20
Quote:
SandyB
I think we are in for a surprise, recent post resigning bonhomie between Wenger n Dein n followed Gazidis leaving to Milan rumor brings a whole new game into arsenal. I think both Dein n Wenger are going to be back to the club with Dein replacing Gazidis m Wenger assuming the Technical Director position. That’s my speculation though.

So the Worlds stingiest club owner is about to spend a fortune paying to get rid of Emery and all the staff he has brought in, plus all the people Gazidis brought in. Then new contracts for Dein/Wenger and all the people they bring in.
Plus all the board walk out (good riddance) .

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 23:46
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
SandyB

So the Worlds stingiest club owner is about to spend a fortune paying to get rid of Emery and all the staff he has brought in, plus all the people Gazidis brought in. Then new contracts for Dein/Wenger and all the people they bring in.
Plus all the board walk out (good riddance) .

No no no.. Emery n his team still going to here as ‘head coach’ working within the budget set by Kroenke, Wenger n co. Not sure about Raul n Sven though a full Kroenke takeover n Gazidis leaving doesn’t sound like good news to them.
Think about it, a Dein, Wenger team at arsenal how big a protection for Kroenke’s investment. They will create a pseudo custodianship to the naive fans n hardly there will be any chance for fans revolt.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 07:43
Fans gave Wenger a cordial farewell but they are not naieve, until he promised to go the stadium was half empty, he would not be welcomed back and thousands would jump ship.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:00
Quote:
Padre Pio
Fans gave Wenger a cordial farewell but they are not naieve, until he promised to go the stadium was half empty, he would not be welcomed back and thousands would jump ship.
Hope you are right but the recent events has Wenger coup written all over it. The era of false custodians!

SuperRob (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:34
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Padre Pio
Hope you are right but the recent events has Wenger coup written all over it. The era of false custodians!

It doesn't though. Most likely candidate to replace Gazidis is Josh Kroenke. Wenger is a football manager, not a CEO. There is no room for him in the new structure which has been put in place with approval from the owner.

David Dein sided with Usmanov in the power struggle and they lost.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:50
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Padre Pio

It doesn't though. Most likely candidate to replace Gazidis is Josh Kroenke. Wenger is a football manager, not a CEO. There is no room for him in the new structure which has been put in place with approval from the owner.

David Dein sided with Usmanov in the power struggle and they lost.
I'm just speculating a possibility there is no truth in it so far but we all know in politics, board room power struggles n where $$ is involved there is no friends n foes. Dein was with Usmanov n Wenger was with Kroenke but still Wenger n Dein are best of buddies. Also we all knew even if Gazidis was the CEO in past 10 years Wenger was actually running the club so Wenger has all the experience to run the football side of Arsenal n Dein taking charge as CEO. A match made in heaven.
Josh Kroenke has no interest to run day to day business of Arsenal he's the DTJ of Kroenke family.
** DTJ - Donald Trump Jr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 13:51 by SandyB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net