football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Lazio match thread.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 17:10
Leno; Lichtsteiner, Chambers, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, Xhaka, Torreira, Iwobi, Lacazette, Nketiah

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 08:35 by Padre Pio.

Re: Lazio match thread.
04 August, 2018 17:24
Subs: Bellerin, Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavrapanos, Elneny, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Guendouzi, Smith Rowe, Aubameyang

04 August, 2018 17:26
Doesn't say who sub keeper is.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:04
Meanwhile the most brainless boring electro music beats out on Arsenal.com allegedly programme starts at 7 pm

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:23
Iwobi hits the post and Nelson puts in the rebound.

1-0.

Kalela (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:34
I am seriously trying to understand why Xhaka, Elneny and Iwobi were signed to new contracts. They have been the worst players in the team so far in the pre-season.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:35
Great ball in between the right back and centre back by Iwobi which sets Maitland-Niles free down the left. He puts a dangerous low cross across goal but Lacazette and Nketiah are nowhere to be seen.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:36
Another Xhit Xhot by Xhaka described as beautiful by the commentator

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:39
Quote:
Kalela
I am seriously trying to understand why Xhaka, Elneny and Iwobi were signed to new contracts. They have been the worst players in the team so far in the pre-season.

Iwobi has been fine in pre-season so far and this is Xhaka's first game. Agree re Elneny though.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:41
Lazio could be 2-1 up

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 18:51
Scored and created a few chances but went to pot defensively towards the end of the half.

Not seen a great deal of Torreira but Lichtsteiner has looked good. Nelson has played well.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 19:27
Lacazette cuts it back to Aubameyang. Aubameyang comes inside onto his right foot and finishes well.

2-0.

Flava (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 20:35
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Kalela

Iwobi has been fine in pre-season so far and this is Xhaka's first game. Agree re Elneny though.

04 August, 2018 21:44
Still worried about our defending.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 22:20
I thought it looked poor at times, one commentator claimed it was due to the change to a man to man marking system.
I remember when our errors were blamed on zonal marking. Plus ca change

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 19:00
our defense has me really worried.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 19:37
It was never going to be fixed overnight. I think there has been an improvement in the defending over the pre season games. And we still haven't seen a settled defensive unit so the players haven't had time to get a proper understanding of each other and the system.

I expect we'll struggle against city, but I'm optimistic about the rest of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net