football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

This Season.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 00:02
First time in a long while that I'm actually looking forward to the season starting.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: This Season.
SandyB (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 04:50
#MeToo

MattySadler (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 06:57
Same I like what we're seeing in training.

I hope to see a side that's much better without the ball.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 08:26
Same

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:02
Me too. Even if we finish in the same position it won't be as boring as the last few years.

Flava (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:50
It’s exciting because it’s different. The players have come back jacked.

If we could get a quick wide forward that would be excellent

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 13:43
I think this season, the team will be a lot more prepared to start the season than it had been in the past few seasons. And this despite being after a World Cup summer. The old regime would have placed the blame on a poor start on players coming back late but looks like Emery has things under control in terms of player readiness and player acquisition. Good change!

Goofle (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 15:38
Never been more excited about a season before.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 22:40
Quote:
Flava
It’s exciting because it’s different. The players have come back jacked.
If we could get a quick wide forward that would be excellent

You think so as well?!

We have Aubameyang who will play out wide in some games. We have Iwobi who will play a bit part role and I think will improve this season. But I think first choice wide players will not be traditional wingers, I think they will play narrow and behind the main striker which is perfect for Ozil and Mkhitaryan. Even though none of them are natural wingers, we do at least have quality options in that area.

Still think the defence is still the main problem area. Sokratis is ok but only ok. If he was partnered with someone fast and good then I'd be ok with him. But he's going to be partnered with Mustafi who is terrible. Then we have to rely on the 3 youngsters who are unproven at best and mistake prone at worst. Then we have no good left back options and Bellerin has been pretty poor the last couple of seasons. This is still our weakest area. HAve to hope that the coaching staff can make them defend as a team and that Torreira makes a big difference, but it will take a coaching miracle to cut out the countless individual errors that our defenders make.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 00:03
Options everywhere

I’m excited about every position apart from defence

We are still useless at centerback

We need killers and at the minute we have pretty average defenders

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 04:03
I havent been so excited about new season since the beginning of decade. Or maybe being fair, since the time we signed Ozil.

My bet is that by the end of it, Mavropanos will be in the starting 11.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 00:05
After adding no more players and our defence still looking pretty dodgy I'm not so excited now. lol

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 07:12
Quote:
Boston Gooner
After adding no more players and our defence still looking pretty dodgy I'm not so excited now. lol

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 14:44
All we want to know about Unai Emery will be displayed for all of us to see against Guardiola Man City and Sarri Chelski.

Get 4 points and I will forget Arsene Wenger.

'If you want to be unhappy, just compare.' Chinese Proverb

'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.' Winston Churchill

SuperRob (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 15:59
I think we should give him more than 2 games before making a judgement. Regardless of who the first two games are against

De Times (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 08:50
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Me too. Even if we finish in the same position it won't be as boring as the last few years.
Yes, change is exciting, doesn't mean it's always the best. Finishing in the same position as last season will be failure.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Kalela (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 00:34
Despite the team not being that good I am just glad Wenger is finally gone. The stagnation under him made me lose almost all interest in the sport. I couldn't even enjoy watching the Champions League like I did before.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 00:36
Quote:
Kalela
Despite the team not being that good I am just glad Wenger is finally gone. The stagnation under him made me lose almost all interest in the sport. I couldn't even enjoy watching the Champions League like I did before.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

tigerline (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 05:48
Quote:
Kalela

Amen, Brother.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 11:11
U
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Yes, change is exciting, doesn't mean it's always the best. Finishing in the same position as last season will be failure.

You didn't appear to have the same opinion when Wenger didn't improve us in the slightest for over a decade.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 12:13
I'm honestly not really looking forward to the season at all. I wasn't before the city game and I'm not really any more excited now.

I just think what's happening at the football club is toxic. But then again, we could be Newcastle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net