football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ramsey ...
tigerline (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 17:31
No news is BAD news.
We have tried to get him signed to a reasonable deal.

It is decision time NOW.
The window closes in a little over two weeks.

If Ramsey has chosen to go elsewhere to play, so be it.

But, Arsenal cannot afford to wait - we have to cash in on his current value.
Re-invest to bring in more talent.
This situation is a true test of the ruthless efficiency of the new management team.

No emotionalism.
No parsimony.
No dithering.

Just resolve it, set the rest of the squad, and move on to prepare for a challenging start to the season.

Re: Ramsey ...
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 18:35
Agreed

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 20:10
At least the transfer window closes before the start of the season this year so we have to have our squad sorted before the end of the window. Not sure why it was ever the 31st August, it never made sense.

If Ramsey won't sign a new contract, then they have 2 options
1) sell him for not that much money, maybe we'd get £20m - £25m for him. Which doesn't leave us much money to get a replacement at the top level.
2) Keep him and let him go on a free next summer, at least he'd put everything into the season knowing that it's his last chance to get a move to Barca or Madrid.

Personally I'd like to see whether Ramsey can rediscover his goalscoring form under Emery. Not having to replace another first team player is probably worth it in terms of stability compared to the amount of money we'd be able to get for selling him

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 21:38
Let's see what the words of the Unholy Trinity is worth when they said in not so many words that they would not repeat the "Alexis" situation and will sell Ramsey if he does not signed on by 9 Aug.

Hope is the last creature out of Pandora Box

tigerline (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 21:41
Quote:
Merlion96
Let's see what the words of the Unholy Trinity is worth when they said in not so many words that they would not repeat the "Alexis" situation and will sell Ramsey if he does not signed on by 9 Aug.

Is that a direct quote?
Did they set a firm deadline of August 9 to resolve this?

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 22:04
The trouble is how do you sell a player when no club is interested in buying him now, when they can wait a bit get him for free?

We should've never let it come to this state in the first place sold him last summer if he didn't sign a new contract then.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 23:23
I doubt we would get anything like the money we would want for him if he leaves.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 01:46
Squad harmony suffers as seen with alexis, ozil who eventually signed.

If he starts scoring for fun and we are doing well, the news will just be filled with him being offers etc and emery being asked that same question again and again.

Get rid please if he's not signing or if we are so worried, give him that bumper contract, pretty wide is gone cost around the same money around 25vmn more for a 4 year contract over whatever we are offering.

Thsts probably why he is holding out.. If we decide to throw away 20-25mn, might as well give it to him with signing on bonus etc. And get him signed.

My personal choice is get rid

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 07:44
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
The trouble is how do you sell a player when no club is interested in buying him now, when they can wait a bit get him for free?
We should've never let it come to this state in the first place sold him last summer if he didn't sign a new contract then.

This is the main problem.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 13:41
I really hope he leaves. He's f ucking shite!

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 14:21
No one should hold my club to ransom, if he doesn't want to sign, by all mean SELL!!! dragging this on will disrupt our plans for the season so the earlier we take a decision the better planning wise. The transfer window is almost over for crying out loud. The minute Emery said he wanted to build the team around him and Auba, his agents started this drama.

My problem with Ramsey is his arrogance. It knows no bounds. The way he acts sometimes, one will think he is Ronaldo or Messi. Plus he is a glory hunter.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

younghansolo (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 20:36
Absolutely no evidence of him being a glory hinter. He's been playing for Arsenal for nearly a decade that's hardly glory hunting.

I hope he stays. If he doesn't we will have to replace him with a (likely) very expensive player

SuperRob (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 22:56
The rest of arsenal's midfield are so bad they make him look like Messi by comparison.

Goofle (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 23:14
Almost like trying to score goals and make a difference is a bad thing for Arsenal fans. I imagine these lame @#$%& would think Pires and Henry were glory hunters, the massive losers.

Kalela (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 04:07
A part me wants to see how he would do under Emery but at the same time I am just not a fan of Ramsey and how selfish of a player he is so I don't mind him being sold at all. In fact I prefer if he gets sold soon so a young player can take his playing time.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Ares (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 14:26
Should Have Been Sold

A Long Time Ago

Loan Him Out, Release Him, Drop Him, Whatever.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:15
Quote:
Ares
Should Have Been Sold
A Long Time Ago

Loan Him Out, Release Him, Drop Him, Whatever.

Spot on!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:16
Get rid if he isn't going to renew. Don't need yet another contract saga.

tigerline (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:18
Quote:
MattySadler
Get rid if he isn't going to renew. (Before he misses another two months due to injury) Don't need yet another contract saga.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:59
Ramsey: “It's my decision, Whatever I decide to do, that's on me. Do I feel under pressure? No. The only thing that makes it awkward is you keep asking the questions. It's like having a baby in the car saying 'Are we there yet, are we there yet?'”

Nothing else to say!!

Ares (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 16:14
I see Ramsey's been taking Media Lessons from Johanna Konta

Flava (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 09:51
I want him to stay. However, if they can’t reach an agreement this week he needs to be sold and we should make a play for a quality wide forward

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 13:32
I can't stand his arrogance. It will be a big mistake to make him captain if he decides to sign.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Goofle (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 15:27
Arrogance?

holzini (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 16:31
If he doesnt sign , we should have a replacement in the backside and buy his replacement now.
Then we let him rot on the bench for the whole season and he can leave then for free...BUT...

Do you think anyone is offering him better wages than we do if he sat the whole season on the bench and has no playing rythm?
I don´t.
That would also be a message for the next player that believes he can play with the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2018 16:32 by holzini.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:31
Quote:
holzini
If he doesnt sign , we should have a replacement in the backside and buy his replacement now.
Then we let him rot on the bench for the whole season and he can leave then for free...BUT...

Do you think anyone is offering him better wages than we do if he sat the whole season on the bench and has no playing rythm?
I don´t.
That would also be a message for the next player that believes he can play with the club.
i
You do that when the player has 2.5 years to go out all him like matic

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 14:55
Bin Ramsey

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 16:17
Apparently Chelsea wants Ramsey for 30m. So sell or keep?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 17:18
Sell

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 18:03
Sell.
But if we do we need to spend the money.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SuperRob (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 19:32
If he's going to sign a new contract then keep. If not, £30m is a fantastic deal and we should take it.

We would need to spend much more than £30m to get a proper replacement though.

Goofle (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 00:23
Sell our best player.

GOOD IDEA

Flava (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 09:12
He’s certainly not our best player but he’s a very good one.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 12:04
Quote:
Goofle
Sell our best player.
GOOD IDEA
Sell anyone that doesn't want to be here.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 12:14
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Sell our best player.
GOOD IDEA
And who has less than 18 months left on their contract.

It's the only way to run a football club these days.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 18:10
Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Sell our best player.
GOOD IDEA
And who has less than 18 months left on their contract.

It's the only way to run a football club these days.
Yep

Goofle (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 20:27
No it's not. Keep your best players.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 02:30
What's the point of they are passing for their next contract elsewhere and if they do not give their best.

I dunno if you are heard about the word risk mitigation and the probability of someone giving their 100% and risking injuries is less in case they are trying for a move else where.

Also every about the constant speculation about their future?
If he is the besy player, how good is it for the team of he's constantly linked elsewhere? Even if ramsey means we'll and tries to give his all, he will be distracted 100% negotiating contracts with other teams. It's natural and human.

If we are ready to keep him till the end of season and lose 30mn, why not just give thst money to him anyway and get him to sign. Maybe we don't want to start a trend with others. In which case we should sell

It makes no sense.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 02:31
Real madrid sold ronaldo knowing he will not sign on

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 09:31
Quote:
Goofle
No it's not. Keep your best players.

Agreed...Sell Ramsey!

Willy (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 10:48
If you look at Alexis, we probably wouldn't keep Ramsey for a whole season anyway. The situation would drag on and be a distraction inside and outside the club and we would accept a low value bid in January.

Or based on Ozil same as above but then pay over the odds on a long term basis to keep him.

Either way, we sell him this summer or get bent over backwards. We may as well pay big now if we want to keep him so that we can make plans and avoid the distraction. Or sell him.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 13:04
If he does not want to sign on, then I say trade him to Barca for Dembele. He did fancy Barca in the past.

Goofle (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 15:39
Rather have one peak season with Ramsey and let him go for free (not even sure when his contract runs out) than sell him now for basically nothing.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 17:55
That s the thing. Very rarely does a player have his best season of he is signing for new clubs in Jan.

At max we will get half a season out of him. Also the distinct possibly of him trying to "make it happen for the team" ask the time because he is in the shop window.

We haven't been in good situation with ramsey before so we have no idea what kind of person he is going to be this season and esp post jan when he can talk to other clubs.

You go by probability and most human beings will do what alexis was doing.

Goofle (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 19:00
Playing for a contract and a big move to a top club? Of course it's likely to inspire him.

Flava (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 20:02
Quote:
Goofle
Playing for a contract and a big move to a top club? Of course it's likely to inspire him.

He’s injured himself, they’ll all be queuing up now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net