football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Can Emery Move Forward From Crab Football
Arsenal Times (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 20:20
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/07/2018 18:20 by Padre Pio.

Re: Can Emery Move Forward From Crab Football
SandyB (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 23:19
Crab football is already in some of theses players DNA likes of Ramsey, Ozil included. It will be a tough task for Emery to stump it out.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 12:13
I don't think it will be that hard for a coach to change the mentality.

A lot will depend on the first two games. Is a shame we've got two difficult games so it could be a hard start for Emery, but on the flip side, if the performances are good in those games it could be a good launching pad for his season.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 14:08
Mentality wull change if players know they have to perform in games and in training to start for the team. I think Emery will make sure that underperformance will not be tolerated since his own job is on the line.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 20:00
I dont think slackers will be tolerated, the board is fully behind Unai, its a collective. No player will be too big to adopt to the new methods

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 21:39
Be very interesting to see what he does with ozil who either has a point to prove or has completely lost interest in the game given his recent post

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 22:26
Emery has many things to sort out that's why we need to give him enough time to do it. the most pressing is our attitude to games. the lack of winning mentality.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 02:53
I could be wrong, but barring ramsey, most of the others who played in pre season looked a lot more physically prepared for this stage of the season. It was borehsm so I'm not taking about the goals and general play.

But just they looked sharper over 2 yards then previous years.

Add the two indoor friendlies, I think he's going hard early season. I think we have more injuries towers the end of the season, but i think going hard early is the right thing for him cause he needs to get the club supporters behind him.

I think we may surprise city and chelsea who might have players jaded from the world cup

younghansolo (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 15:58
I think the new manager will have put a spring in their step tbh. Some players will be having to impress a new manager for the first time in their careers.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 10:49
I'm guessing Ozil will play as the right sided forward in a 4-3-3. And Mkhitaryan will play on the left. Ramsey and Xhaka either side of Torreira in the midfield. That means no place for Lacazette in the starting line up.

Perhaps in some games he might play Mkhitaryan in a deeper midfield role instead of Xhaka and play Aubameyang out wide, but I wouldn't expect that to be the first choice option.

But we'll have to wait and see. Exciting times.

Goofle (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 11:00
That team is f*cking awful.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 12:06
Quote:
younghansolo
I think the new manager will have put a spring in their step tbh. Some players will be having to impress a new manager for the first time in their careers.

U can already see the tougher training regime under Emery and I expect more tactical training as well. It will be a departure from the laissez-faire approach of the previous regime who was more focused on allowing players to express themselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net