football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Matteo Guendouzi joins the club
AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 17:47
Ok, Who is this guy?? Didn't even know we were after him.

[www.arsenal.com]

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Re: Matteo Guendouzi joins the club
Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 18:53
A 19 year old defensive minded midfielder that might have some potential.

Nothing to get too exicted about as he could turn out to be another Sanogo.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 18:55
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
A 19 year old defensive minded midfielder that might have some potential.
Nothing to get too exicted about as he could turn out to be another Sanogo.

I doubt that.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

11 July, 2018 19:22
We shall see.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 01:26
I have more confidence in purchases made by a small team of experienced professionals than by one highly experienced individual.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 02:11
Not so sure about this team of professionals cause whatever if watched of Leno, he tends to palm to ball a lot back in the central areas and makes double saves just like a certain Columbian at the previous world cup.

One wouldn't need to make a double save if one didn't palm to ball straight into thr centre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 02:11 by CazOnARola.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 11:17
We already have a couple of decent 17-19 year olds who play the same position on our books. Does he not fancy trying to develop them first?

He's apparently a boyhood fan so I'm happy for him but still. I think our under-21 players are good enough to get game time already without re-informcements. It's the first team that's pretty rubbish.

tigerline (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 14:01
Quote:
younghansolo
We already have a couple of decent 17-19 year olds who play the same position on our books. Does he not fancy trying to develop them first?
He's apparently a boyhood fan so I'm happy for him but still. I think our under-21 players are good enough to get game time already without re-informcements. It's the first team that's pretty rubbish.

The notable difference is that Emery is putting Guendouzi straight into the first team ... apparently. I am guessing that pre-season will be a trial period to further evaluate his current level of readiness and that evaluation will determine where he is slotted to play and develop this year.

Flava (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 18:47
Rumour is he cost £7m, I expect he’s far better than anything in the U23s

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 21:50
Quote:
Flava

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 00:43
For a start, he needs a hair cut.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 07:24
Quote:
Flava

Well you'd hope so.

If you look at our "better" midfield youth prospects, none of them are really "deep-lying playmakers", which is the role Guendouzi is said to have played most last season.

You've got Joe Willock and Josh DaSilva, who are more box-to-box midfielders, and Emile Smith-Rowe, who is more of an attacking midfielder in the Kevin De Bruyne mould, so I don't think Guendouzi is really treading on anyone's toes.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 11:09
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Flava

Well you'd hope so.

If you look at our "better" midfield youth prospects, none of them are really "deep-lying playmakers", which is the role Guendouzi is said to have played most last season.

You've got Joe Willock and Josh DaSilva, who are more box-to-box midfielders, and Emile Smith-Rowe, who is more of an attacking midfielder in the Kevin De Bruyne mould, so I don't think Guendouzi is really treading on anyone's toes.
Possibly cause that position had been neglected for a decade

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 12:39
Looks like DaSilva could be off anyway.

djarse (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 14:32
Any sense of who else might be leaving Matty ?

Campbell, Akpom, Jenkinson, Ospina all seem very likely to go. Any other younger ones too?

13 July, 2018 14:43
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
For a start, he needs a hair cut.

(Sm6)

Goofle (IP Logged)
14 July, 2018 14:40
Seems like a decent box to box mid to me. Not sure about him defensively but has a great way of getting forward.

Kalela (IP Logged)
15 July, 2018 20:42
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Flava

Well you'd hope so.

You forgot Krystian Bielik who was a decent midfield prospect before someone (probably Wenger) decided to convert him to a center back. When he got a chance to play in midfield for the first team, he did a decent job and showed that was his natural position.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Goofle (IP Logged)
16 July, 2018 11:37
Bielik is clearly better as a CB. Too clumsy and slow to play in midfield, but inversely mobile for a CB.

Flava (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 13:32
Guendouzi has shown potential in the first two games, as good as you can against second string opposition. Impressive so far

MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 13:40
Great find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net