football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

We need a MARQUEE signing..
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 10:54
Torreira and Sokratis are good signings but we need a signing who's going to elevate us.

None of the players signed make me excited and think we can challange.

we need that WOW signing. An attacking player who's a match winner.

Re: We need a MARQUEE signing..
younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 11:59
As lovely as that would be, we have plenty of those these days so I'm not sure it's necessary. We signed two of them last January.

I'm extremely excited about Torreira, and actually, I think he IS a marquee signing. He's a stand out star form the World Cup and is probably someone who is one of the first names on the team sheet for us.

The other signings are about strengthening the squad in defensive areas.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 13:49
We've got enough squad players in the first team!

We need a world vcass olayer who can win us a game on his own; Demeble or an Mbappe type player.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 14:19
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
We need a world vcass olayer who can win us a game on his own; Demeble or an Mbappe typically e player.

Toreirra is a match winner in his own right if he can replicate his world cup form. If we do sign him up, it's a huge coup.

Aubemeyang is going to score a lot of goals because of toreira.. This year is about top 4, nobody is thinking about winning the league

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 15:26
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
We need a world vcass olayer who can win us a game on his own; Demeble or an Mbappe type player.

Give a chance to Aubameyang, he can be that player.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 16:16
Can't really see us signing a "marquee" attacker when we already have Ozil, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang to fit into the team, all on hefty wages, personally.

I agree though, as I alluded to in my recent article, our signings so far have been solid, rather than spectacular. We've added steel and improved the defence, which, to be fair, has been long overdue.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 17:56
Torreira woah, torreira woooah

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:17
Stand the board won't risk a big name, big money signing this season because it is new era and we are not in the CL.

A pacy winger who can dribble and cross and I will be very happy with our transfers this summer.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 21:12
Still stuck in the Galactico mode isn't it?

Emery had enough of it with PSG and is going back to his roots at Selville.
Building a team from scratch instead of another "Neymar" team.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success.”
Henry Ford

Bergmars (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:28
Not going to happen is it it's about starting a rebuild and consolidation

A shadow of what we were

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 10:17
Aubameyang is a marquee signing. So is Emetry. They are match winners.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 19:58
Aubameyang was bought 3 months ago after spending on Lacazette. There is no Marque players coming.

We've bought more players on less budget than Wenger was using.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 22:17
We have the players.
We need to play together as a team.
Learn how to defend and be better tactically.

Once sorted we will see a big improvement.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 02:23
Quote:
Boston Gooner
We have the players.
We need to play together as a team.
Learn how to defend and be better tactically.

Once sorted we will see a big improvement.

This.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 July, 2018 03:14
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Stand the board won't risk a big name, big money signing this season because it is new era and we are not in the CL.
A pacy winger who can dribble and cross and I will be very happy with our transfers this summer.
If i were running a visited I'd do the same.

Thsts no point throwing money at a manager if he didn't improve the basics that have been missing for a decade.

The manager needs to prove he can improve the basics.

He will be backed further next year and the 3rd is where we will go big like liverpool this year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net