football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

At Last Messi & Ronaldo Are Both GONE!!
AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 21:58
I am so freaking glad that both Messi and Ronaldo are gone. Sick to death with this silly Ronaldo and Messi COMPARISON!! For me they are both GREAT players. Who cares who is better???

GLAD both of them have been sent parking. NOW I CAN ENJOY THE WORLD CUP with the noisy comparison threatening to take away my peace of mind.

Wish the diving crying Nyemar will join them. He is such a drama queen.

[youtu.be]

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Re: At Last Messi & Ronaldo Are Both GONE!!
SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 02:38
You have a long wish list not all wishes come true!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 10:13
Long live Mbappe, Cavani, Modric and Suarez

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 15:16
This world cup has been outstanding. The most exciting football I've seen in years.

Ronaldo had his moment as have many others. I'm sad to see both go because they have the ability to light up matches. Thankfully, there are plenty of others still there.

It's a world of megastars currently and the locsest one we have isn't even at the tournament!

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 July, 2018 16:41
Another big casualty Spain going home.

01 July, 2018 18:58
Quote:
SandyB
You have a long wish list not all wishes come true!

That's why I am hoping.

Ares (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 13:05
Diego Maradona = Considerably Better Than:

Ronaldo > Messi

And both of them would be nothing players before:

- the football rule book was re written to make it easier for people to score goals

- the ball was redesigned and redesigned and redesigned and revised... to the point where

it is just about equal in atomic density to a balloon

- technological enhancements to footwear and new innovations in groundskeeping to make

playing surfaces faster.

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 13:20
This looks like the right place for the fan boys appreciation thread of the departing GOATs.

GOAT - Greatest Of All Time

Ares (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 13:48
Ronaldo and Messi are not the Greatest Of All Time.

04 July, 2018 12:18
I never compare players or get into the argument of who is greater. So many players have achieved great things and each of them bring something unique to the game. That's OK for me.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
04 July, 2018 20:16
Maradona was outstanding but nowhere near the level of Messi in his prime at club level. For about five years Messi was utterly unbeatable.

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 00:56

younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 14:58
Sandy, you cannot possibly believe that

Ares (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 16:11
Better Living Through Science

accelerated by this type of thing:

New rules to be introduced 'to make overtaking easier ...
[www.bbc.co.uk]
Formula 1 is to introduce rule changes for the 2019 season aimed at making overtaking easier

Making tax easier - GOV.UK
[www.gov.uk]

SAS may make entry tests easier for women - The Guardian
[www.theguardian.com]...
The SAS is reportedly considering changes to its notoriously difficult entry tests to ensure women have a fair chance of making the grade.

"Female recruits could be allowed to carry lighter loads and given more time for treks to give them a fairer chance of passing."

GCSEs v O-levels: Are exams getting easier? Are students ...
[www.express.co.uk]...
22/08/2017 · Watch video · 'GCSE students are being SPOON-FED' Expert makes the case for O-levels STUDENTS are “spoon-fed” information in order to pass their GCSE exams, unlike the older ..

"In the O-levels we were expected to be far more precise. Everything had to be perfect. You were not allowed to be vague. In history GCSE, we were made to analyse things, whereas in the O-level, we were just made to learn a list of dates and facts and just put that on the page"

No young man - they didn't make you put things on a page with zero understanding - learning things and putting them on a page is what people do in a quiz or a crossword puzzle in their own time - not in a Cambridge O-Level History exam.

How 'hard' are GCSEs compared with 'O' levels?
[www.mumsnet.com]...

Credit to Mumsnet User: OneHandFlapping

"I think there are differences. For example, in my French O level, we had to do an unseen dictation, and unseen translation, French to English, and one English to French, and oral exam on a topic which was not disclosed to us beforehand, and a letter/essay on an unknown topic. All at the end of the school year, too, not in little chunks throughout the year. I came out with enough understanding of French to bumble my way round in the language without much diffculty.

DSs (who are doing German) seem to be given all translations beforehand to memorise, the same with dictation, are given the subject of their orals, and essays seem to have been replaced with short questions and answers. Plus, "coursework" is scattered throughout the school year. DS1, who is now in 6th form, got an A*, and appears unable to speak a word of useful German."

GCSEs v O-levels: Are exams getting easier? Are students ...
[www.express.co.uk]...
22/08/2017 · Watch video · 'GCSE students are being SPOON-FED' Expert makes the case for O-levels STUDENTS are “spoon-fed” information in order to pass their GCSE exams, unlike the older ..

"In maths O-level, we couldn't use calculators and we hadn't done things like long multiplication for years"

I rest my case.

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 17:21
Quote:
younghansolo
Sandy, you cannot possibly believe that
Actually, I do. Most of the people in South America is believing that there is a syndicate led by Senior Collina is scamming the WC using selectively using VAR to provide advantage to certain countries like England. So far there were 31 penalties given in this WC and only 2 penalties given to the South American team one to Peru n the other to Argentina which Messi missed. There were several very strong penalty claims were completely ignored n not even reviewed while the ‘English language international media’ is on a mission to vilify Neymar while robbing teams with major decisions.
I think one more dodgy penalty or decision in favor of England will break all hell loose with serious complains even by some remaining European teams like Sweden, Croatia, Russia etc.
Now they force him to appologize while digging even further shi.t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 17:40 by SandyB.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 17:53
😂😂😂😂

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 July, 2018 19:50
Quote:
Mourinho
"People are focusing on Neymar, but if it was only Neymar, I'd be happy, but it's not only Neymar," Mourinho said on Russia Today after England's win.
"Every team has lots of diving, lots of pretending, lots of putting pressure on the referee...the game loses quality...and for me that was the negative point."

Harry kane is the man to watch now after flapping like a banana tree n American referee was blowing whistle everytime he did that. The guy can't dribble past a pillar but pretended on every occasion as if he's 2nd coming of Messi. You can't get away with these blatant robberies no more. From Ronaldo to Maradona, Rivaldo to Mourinho is bringing the heat to your backyard. One more dodgy penalty or flapping near penalty area there are bound to be outburst. Win fair scoring goals not by referee's help.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 July, 2018 09:18
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Mourinho
"People are focusing on Neymar, but if it was only Neymar, I'd be happy, but it's not only Neymar," Mourinho said on Russia Today after England's win.
"Every team has lots of diving, lots of pretending, lots of putting pressure on the referee...the game loses quality...and for me that was the negative point."

Harry kane is the man to watch now after flapping like a banana tree n American referee was blowing whistle everytime he did that. The guy can't dribble past a pillar but pretended on every occasion as if he's 2nd coming of Messi. You can't get away with these blatant robberies no more. From Ronaldo to Maradona, Rivaldo to Mourinho is bringing the heat to your backyard. One more dodgy penalty or flapping near penalty area there are bound to be outburst. Win fair scoring goals not by referee's help.
This has been going on in all the leagues. Juve was just the tip of the iceberg. Been happening for decades.

Is just that now is not just about making the world cup interesting but also about favouring specific teams.

We made it to the semi final, could nt crack athletico, but still got a lot of help along the way.

I expect England to do the same and finally lose to croatia

06 July, 2018 13:55
it's pretty obvious even to the blind that the Refs are choosing when to apply what the VAR shows and when not to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net