football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Where can Ever Banega fit in the squad?
Osama The Gooner (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 10:23
Xhaka seems to be a regular starter and has received compliments from Emery and has been told that he has an important role in the club. And Torreira's deal is almost done and he's definitely joining the club soon.

Then with all that being said, where can Ever Banega fit in the squad? Can he play in a different position than CM?

Re: Where can Ever Banega fit in the squad?
Goofle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2018 11:44
Maybe Ramsey isn't staying?

SandyB (IP Logged)
25 June, 2018 14:48
Juan Quintero will be perfect replacement for Ramsey.

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 20:28
I think we shouldn't touch Banega even with a barge pole.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 20:44
Banega has been Argentina's midfielder today. Some great passes and worked to defend too.

I would rather have Banega than Xhaka.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 20:53
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Banega has been Argentina's midfielder today. Some great passes and worked to defend too.
I would rather have Banega than Xhaka.

There is no fuc.king MF in that Argentina team, dude!! MF is dire.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
26 June, 2018 21:10
Banega is average.

True he's better than Xhaka, but I'd rather just play Maitland Niles or Elneny.

26 June, 2018 22:00
Well yeah if it was up to me than I would trying to be sign Radja Nainggolan and Mateo Kovacic to play in midfield three with Lucas Torreira, but reality, if we were to sign Banega than I rather he partner Torreira than Xhaka.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 05:42
Don't need banega

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:31
I know I won't be popular saying this but Ramsey will do better job under a different manager from Wenger.

Goofle (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:52
He seems like a decent player but all we would do is improve on Coquelin and Cazorla, but I think the whole point of Torreira would be to allow us to play somebody who's more dynamic alongside him/

SuperRob (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 19:11
I think we'll be playing 4-3-3 with torreira as the defensive midfielder (if we end up actually signing him). And as it stands, Ramsey and xhaka as the other two midfielders.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 20:32
Quote:
SuperRob
I think we'll be playing 4-3-3 with torreira as the defensive midfielder (if we end up actually signing him). And as it stands, Ramsey and xhaka as the other two midfielders.

There is another player called Mesut Ozil!! (Sm159)

27 June, 2018 21:45
Ozil is a problem.

IMO we should have a 3 man midfield, but then what do you do with Ozil?

He would be wasted out wide.

We can't even sell him because he is on massive wages.

SandyB (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 22:03
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Ozil is a problem.
IMO we should have a 3 man midfield, but then what do you do with Ozil?

He would be wasted out wide.

We can't even sell him because he is on massive wages.

Unai Emery isn't Wenger he isn't gonna stick Ozil anywhere, either he plays in MF or he's on the bench.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
28 June, 2018 14:08
Mostly toreira ramsey and ozil /Mkhitaryan to start with and maybe Aubameyang wide with lacazette through the centre.

Id rather xhaka on the bench please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2018 14:09 by CazOnARola.

Goofle (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 13:30
Ozil isn't wasted out wide.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 15:15
Quote:
Goofle
Ozil isn't wasted out wide.

Ozil isn't a wide player dude, he damn never tracks back has not much of pace, he's still the pass master.

Goofle (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 16:19
He's not rapid but he definitely has pace. he also tracks back plenty. But I guess not tracking back in the middle is less of an issue? lol

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 June, 2018 18:25
Quote:
Goofle
He's not rapid but he definitely has pace. he also tracks back plenty. But I guess not tracking back in the middle is less of an issue? lol
Yes tracking back in the middle isn’t major issue if we have toreira.

29 June, 2018 20:35
If Ozil is going to play out wide then he is better on the right than one the left.

Goofle (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 03:14
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Goofle

Not tracking back in the middle is always a bigger issue than not tracking back out wide.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Goofle

Not tracking back in the middle is always a bigger issue than not tracking back out wide.
You will lose football games quickly if your CMs don't track back. if you don't close down in the middle, we saw what cab happen with di marias goal covering all come below closing down shots

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 June, 2018 20:58
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Goofle
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Goofle

You will lose football games quickly if your CMs don't track back. if you don't close down in the middle, we saw what cab happen with di marias goal covering all come below closing down shots
No 10 doesn’t need to track back unless your manager’s name is Jose Mourinho. We are talking about no 10 the play maker if atall Ozil got anything to give in that role, sticking him on the wing is having something like poormam’s Di Maria.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2018 21:00 by SandyB.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 02:43
Those days are gone. In the top teams everyone does their fare share. You will see de bruyne and coutinho do a lot of defensive work, coutinho around the centre circle and de bruyne even further back beat his own box.

Thsts because klopp likes to press high, got Belgium de bruyne comes quite deep as well.

The only ppl in the world that are given that luxury are the top 5 players in the world. And even among those, suarez still gets a lot of work done. It's only neymar, messi and ronaldo who don't track back in the current day and age.

Ares (IP Logged)
03 July, 2018 16:16
He can play in goal for Manchester City.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net